JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New version of JWLibrary?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1697 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In the right picture below of the midweek meeting next week in the first part: Do Your Utmost to Enter Into God’s Rest, it seems that the Brother is using a new version of JWLibrary. You can see the icons on the bottom left and there is a larger screen at the right with a picture.

Aantekening 2019-08-24 081445.jpg

Looks like he using a split screen. 

Maybe they are working on a 'left-handed' version...???

I know my Samsung Android has its own 'split-screen' option. Maybe it is just 2 seperate programs running on the device. One ours (jw.Lib) on the left and another on the right...?

(On mine you can adjust the screen sizes too.)

Just Older

He is studying a book and wants to read a scripture which is on the left side of the screen. Why would he use another program to display for research an article on the right side? The brothers said they would integrate WTLIb into JWLibrary. WTLib has the option to display the Bible at the left side and an article of two columns on the right side. But no pictures. It seems logic to me they will do that in a new version of JWLibrary. Lets wait.

If you look closely, you can see the purple "gem" near the bottom right of the left pane. It looks like the pane on the right is the "gem" he is viewing. Also, he is not left-handed or the pen/pencil would not be i his right hand.

It looks to me he just has the "gem" pane set to be wide - and the picture is in whatever article he is viewing

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, rocket said:

It would be nice to be able to have a book open in JW Library and the Bible open to look up Scriptures or the Appendix not quoted or linked to in the book.

I wonder if one could use JW Library app on one side of tablet (with split screen capability) and downloaded Bible from JW org on the other side..My Samsung Tab A 8" allows me to use JW Library and Moon Reader at the same time. Of course that opens a ton of options as far as downloaded publications in Moon Reader!:D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I wonder if one could use JW Library app on one side of tablet (with split screen capability) and downloaded Bible from JW org on the other side..My Samsung Tab A 8" allows me to use JW Library and Moon Reader at the same time. Of course that opens a ton of options as far as downloaded publications in Moon Reader!

iOS allows you to use JW Library with split screen. I’m sure other systems do too.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

12 hours ago, Qapla said:

If you look closely, you can see the purple "gem" near the bottom right of the left pane. It looks like the pane on the right is the "gem" he is viewing. Also, he is not left-handed or the pen/pencil would not be i his right hand.

It looks to me he just has the "gem" pane set to be wide - and the picture is in whatever article he is viewing

I dont know how to widen the Study Pane but it does look like the current JWL app with a wide Study Pane.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't know about "split-screen" (I can't read the text).  But the size of the two panels is about right for publication text and study pane side-by-side.

Here is a picture of my Watchtower on my Ipad.  The text size is smaller than I normally use every day but I have bad eyesight.

20190824_224733_HDR.jpg

Is it possible that the picture is of a brother studying in Hebrew or another language in which you read from right to left?

If so, then this may explain why everything is reversed on the screen  

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I am not able to do this right now, but if someone would like to try, go to next week's article in your tablet.

Then when you get to the same picture that the brother is looking at with the Angels, change the language to Hebrew and see if it reverses/flips the entire view?

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I tried it with the WT in Hebrew and it did not flip the screen ... the article and the gems were in Hebrew and looked to read from right-to-left - but then, my JWL is still the English version

It is possible that using a Hebrew version of JWL may be flipped by default ... bit I do not want to replace my entire JWL just to find out.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I tried it with the WT in Hebrew and it did not flip the screen ... the article and the gems were in Hebrew and looked to read from right-to-left - but then, my JWL is still the English version

It is possible that using a Hebrew version of JWL may be flipped by default ... bit I do not want to replace my entire JWL just to find out.

It isn’t reversed. It just looks like he’s using split screen with a pdf on the right and the JW Library on the left.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The brother is studying the paper version of the Pure Worship is restored book. He is in chapter 17 "I am against you Gog". 

image.thumb.png.57f0685263afc3587d510f8b1c27af9d.png

And he compares this with the above mentioned Watchtower of May 15, 2015 with our refined understanding of who Gog of Magog is.

That's how much I figured out so far. Whether he is using a new JW-Library Version or not I don't know.😏

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:08 PM, Zebra555 said:

All of our android  phones and tablets have split screen caperbility.

Really easy to use and great to use at meetings.

How can I get to do this on my android phone? I would really love to be able to open different screens for comparisons sake, etc.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)