JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

German IKEA Catalog(ue) for 2020 Features a Familiar Book

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1691 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This has been doing rounds among Witnesses in Scandinavia apparently 😁

CEF3DAC0-DCFD-423C-B5B5-E697A4437FA7.jpeg.141231a0e50040f539b715be44c9e88b.jpeg

Now what is that book... Isn’t it the Swedish-language hardcover edition of My Book of Bible Stories! (Min bok med bibliska berĂ€ttelser)

This seemed too good to be true so I checked the online version for various countries. I was surprised to find the picture from page 213...having to browse that far from page 1 made me doubt the existence. But I did see several pictures if products with same colo(u)r scheme so I deduced it must have been from the brand new catalog(ue). In the updated online version, however, the book has been tilted so that you can’t read the cover!

FB20DA8B-E02F-45C1-9E97-D4FBC656D3F4.thumb.png.aee4b8b428f9909102ba093771e288a0.png

Hi whichever Swedish advertising agency was used by Ikea đŸ‘‹đŸ» You almost caused quite a judgmental ruckus among the secular Swedes 😂

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

The first picture (Neu) is not in the catalog.

The second picture is in the catalog (page 213). But if you zoom in, there is no title and the book looks more like a plastic folder.

No, the book is there, with the title and all.

https://onlinecatalogue.ikea.com/US/en/IKEA_Catalogue#/pages/213

đŸŽ”â€œI have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 8/27/2019 at 10:39 PM, Thesauron said:

No, the book is there, with the title and all.

https://onlinecatalogue.ikea.com/US/en/IKEA_Catalogue#/pages/213

No more it ain't...at least not online in the link provided  (screenshot)

https://i.ibb.co/x8t7hdP/Screenshot-20190902-230102.jpg

I imagine that it would be very shocking to see a father teaching his daughter about the BIBLE... magic, no problem, superheroes that's fine... but the bible??!!! 

Edited by sunshine

It looks like it is still the same picture but they have doctored the cover of the book so that no title is shown and the book is not easily recognizable

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

No more it ain't...at least not online in the link provided  (screenshot)
https://i.ibb.co/x8t7hdP/Screenshot-20190902-230102.jpg

I imagine that it would be very shocking to see a father teaching his daughter about the BIBLE... magic, no problem, superheroes that's fine... but the bible??!!! 

I know, they’ve edited the digital editions.

đŸŽ”â€œI have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Dages said:

Awww, too bad... :( 

No matter, think of all those first edition  paper editions that will become Witness collector items. 

(I do feel sorry for the poor photographic department  at IKEA that were raked over the coals for the "mistake" (I dont know about copyright law but it must have cost thousands to  revise and reprint the paper edition).

On 9/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, sunshine said:

(I dont know about copyright law but it must have cost thousands to  revise and reprint the paper edition).

Appears to have been a targeted complaint campaign by apostates that resulted in the edit to the original picture.