JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

8 hours ago, Stormswift said:

The other thing I thought the world shutting down as it is - is allowing our earth to breathe again and heal ... if we are all on lockdown and this is what leads into the GT - we will walk out into a cleaner world

It could also be that the nations will see that locking down the world does help clean it up and they think this is how they can tackle climate change.

Just have to clear up a hot spot or two, some minor fighting here and there and look, what do you know, 'peace and security'...

8 hours ago, Stormswift said:

The problem as Health Experts are saying - it's not the development of a vaccine - that may only take months - it's the testing of it that will take furthers months - 1 year. If they throw out the vaccine soon we know there's been no adequate testing. The brothers here after reading out the letter from the platform encouraged us to do our own research and in things like this - we really need to be on our toes - so wise and informed decisions are made on things pertaining to individual choice.

It's not a vaccine that was being talked about in that article. It was that two drugs already on the market for other conditions (HIV and malaria) seem to kill coronavirus dead and the patient completely recovers. Would be useful until a vaccine was available.

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

It's not a vaccine that was being talked about in that article. It was that two drugs already on the market for other conditions (HIV and malaria) seem to kill coronavirus dead and the patient completely recovers. Would be useful until a vaccine was available.

aah hah ... I think I heard that earlier on when it affected China ... if it works why are they working on a vaccine?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

16 hours ago, Bob said:

The more people who recover, the higher our herd immunity breaks the chain of transmission, and thus, reduces the spread. 

I’m baffled as to why the media seems to not want to report on this.

Its also a good thing that if you remove potential hosts (humans) you can eradicate the virus potentially. 

I remember hearing that there was no immunity to this.  It was being reported That u could recover and catch it again.  Has that changed?  I haven't been hearing it lately.  That is very troubling if true. 

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

aah hah ... I think I heard that earlier on when it affected China ... if it works why are they working on a vaccine?

I assume it's better to prevent long term with a vaccine than cure every year with expensive tablets. In the meantime it could reduce the deaths if it works until the vaccine is ready.

24 minutes ago, rolypoly said:

I remember hearing that there was no immunity to this.  It was being reported That u could recover and catch it again.  Has that changed?  I haven't been hearing it lately.  That is very troubling if true. 

Not likely. Our bodies learn from attacks. It's the way we are designed. 

14 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Let's hope it works for real. No long term wait for that.

https://kfor.com/health/coronavirus/drug-used-to-originally-fight-malaria-showing-promise-in-treating-coronavirus-oklahoma-medical-research-foundation-says/amp/

"When malaria gets inside a cell, if you change the pH with a drug like chloroquine phosphate, the malaria can’t live,” said James, an immunologist and rheumatologist. “The same goes for a virus like COVID-19. If you change the pH, the virus cannot assemble, and if it can’t assemble, it can’t infect you.”"

Now I understand why much touted "green smoothies" that help maintain a healthy pH are so popular. 

As to why HIV drug may be effective..

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-latestcoronavirus-research-reveals-that-the-virus-has-mutated-gene-similar-to-hiv-and-is-1,000-times-more-potent-

Edited by SUNRAY

content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On cbc newsworld. Britain just ordered all at risk to isolate for 90 days. Haven't seen details yet but probably all over 70 as reported yesterday. All in poor health included.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Trump to address US at 11:30 EDT.

Trudeau to address Canada at 11:30 Am EDT

They are a little late as normal. 11:32 AM

Forgot all religious meetings ordered closed until Mar 31/20 in Ontario.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

3 minutes ago, pnutts said:

On cbc newsworld. Britain just ordered all at risk to isolate for 90 days. Haven't seen details yet but probably all over 70 as reported yesterday. All in poor health included.

yes....this includes us as my husband is over 70.......we are now closing down the hatches for the next 3-4 months....

Coronavirus can survive both hot, humid climates: WHO

https://tbsnews.net/international/coronavirus-chronicle/coronavirus-can-survive-both-hot-humid-climates-who-56650

WHO said that indeed it can spread to "countries with both hot and humid climates, as well as cold and dry".

Edited by Bluebell

19 hours ago, Nirex said:

So, governments are working together. People are cooperating. And a cure is available now. What next? People are even more convinced they can overcome any situation without Jehovah's help and they feel secure and at peace.

Sounds like everything is coming together alright.

Lift your heads and stand erect! Luke 21:28---We're almost there.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

77 pages back and nearly a month and a half ago, anti viral drugs as a possible treatment was reported by Brother Lee:

How anti viral drugs, or other flu drugs may, indeed, work, but,because they cost hundreds

sometimes even thousands of dollars,

they may not be a REALISTIC treatment

for the average corona virus victim was mentioned

sixty pages back:

A vaccine seems a more viable--and economical route.  IMHO :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

A colleauge of mine was very upset because of the money that he and everybody else are losing. 
He said: the government has to compensate us in some way! How are they going to compensate us for all the money we loose when they close down everything?
And this guy almost never gets angry or upset. 

I didnt say anything, just thought... they will say peace and security and take money from the religions...

My non-witness husband hates the stock market and he is delighted to see it crashing.

His only complaint seems to be that the virus couldn't have waited until after March Madness

to hit.  He has a terminal case of March Sadness.  

As Loopy/Linda can attest to, I do NOT miss the sound of squeaky sneakers on the basketball courts. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

And as if the coronavirus was not enough for humans:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/billions-locusts-are-swarming-east-africa-180974135/

Locust swarm

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????????                               Oh, wait, WE know the answer to that one.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)