JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dreaming Our Ideal Daily Schedule In Paradise

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1526 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This week we were talking/dreaming about our ultimate day in paradise. Here's a start-

Sunup-7.30am         Reading- possibly watching spiritual food, meditation, prayer

7.30-8.00am            Pick and/or prepare meal with the family

8.00-12 noon           Strenuous working- Gardening, landscaping, home building, cleaning and maintenance, community works/community building       

Noon-12.30pm        Pick and/or prepare meal with the family

12.30-1.30pm          Siesta

1.30-5.30pm            Finish any jobs from the morning... then Gardening, designing, planning, inventing, building interspersed with watching nature.

5.30pm-6.00pm      Cleaning up, cleaning, feeding animals, preparing meal

6.00pm-7.30pm      Eating with family and visitors, visiting, storytelling and sharing from the day, reporting on nature projects etc

7.30pm-9.30pm      Personal development- learning skills, instruments together, astronomy, journalling, research, animal studies, nocturnal animal studies

9.30pm                     Gratitude, prayer, bedtime

Meetings, Conventions and Worship would need to fit in above...plus travel etc.

What is your dream schedule?

If you want to use the times, or adjust them etc., below is for a copy and paste or quote:

Sunup-7.30am         

7.30-8.00am

8.00-12 noon

Noon-12.30pm

12.30-4.30pm

4.30pm-6.00pm

6.00pm-7.30pm

7.30pm-9.30pm

9.30pm-10.30pm

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.

49 minutes ago, Hope said:

I want to be on the road.  I don't have a family and all that gardening and feeding animals doesn't suit me.  I want to travel, take photographs and write articles about what I'm seeing.  I'll read and study on the train or plane I'm travelling on! :) 

Who's flying the plane or driving your train?

29 minutes ago, Brother Brother said:

Who's flying the plane or driving your train?

We had a district overseer about ten years ago who said during one of his talks that he really looked forward to being a pilot in the New World.  I went up to him afterwards and made reservations to be his passenger on his journeys!  :D  I also wouldn't mind learning to fly, myself.

And one of my brothers LOVES trains - he's worked for the railroad for over 25 years.  He doesn't drive them now, but he would really like to.  So... as long as he has a nice Oriental Express style train - I'm on!  😉  :D 

Edited by Hope

I don't think I'll follow a strict by-the-hour schedule.

Also it would depend on the season (winter and summer especially, to avoid the cold /heat) 

Winter/cold

Morning : Study, Education, indoor work. 

Afternoon : Outside, strenuous activity

Evening : Fun :D

Summer/heat

Morning : Outside, strenuous activity

Afternoon Study, Education, indoor work. 

Evening : Fun 😁

4 minutes ago, Dages said:

I don't think I'll follow a strict by-the-hour schedule.

Also it would depend on the season (winter and summer especially, to avoid the cold /heat) 

Winter/cold

Morning : Study, Education, indoor work. 

Afternoon : Outside, strenuous activity

Evening : Fun :D

Summer/heat

Morning : Outside, strenuous activity

Afternoon Study, Education, indoor work. 

Evening : Fun 😁

Very French in your approach. Well done.

Maybe the hourly timetable will better suit the Germans?

😂

Morning  - Do physical work like cleaning, planting, or construction.

Late afternoon - moderate work such as cooking.  

Evening - reading, studying, I plan to study construction first, then agriculture, next other sciences like physics. 

Weekends - teaching resurrected ones, go to the meeting, hanging out with friends 

Other long term plan. Go to where the need is greater. 

Edited by JennyM

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Brother Si - Thank you so much for starting this thread - I just love to dream about life in the New World.  As some of you already know, I would like to live on the/a Antarctic Coastal mountain in the New System.   Note, however, that my daily schedule for summer (with 24 hours of light) and winter (with 24 hours of darkness) would be different - so I will post my summer schedule  for now.   While this will be typical day, I would likely have somewhat variant schedules each day.   Also we will pray each meal and each family study and congregation meeting (usually 2 hours with 30 minute intermission with refreshments/association) - 3 meetings per week - visit other congregations once per week.  Three conventions per year - two assigned (incl. one 2-day convention) and one free to travel to any convention but with advance notice.

Summer

6:30-7.00 am   cuddle my wife and kitties, get up and walk the terrace gardens (thermal glass enclosed), pick some fruit and say Hi to some early bird neighbors while my wife cooks breakfast (my wife and I alternate cooking each day and on the 7th day eat left-overs),

7:00 - 7:30 we eat while having a family study.  Yum (both ways!)

7.30-9:00 - we walk the terraced gardens and associate with neighbors - East one day, West the next day - 6th day up one week, down the next week along the 280' parkland (one per mile).   On the 6th day this would take up most or all of the morning.

9.00-12 noon - joining brothers and sisters gardening, farming, building, harvesting, cleaning or other projects/chores needing to be done - meeting on 7th day.

Noon -1 PM - Alternate cooking, napping each day - 7th day eating out wherever we travelled.   family study while eating - or group study.

1:00 to 5:00 - 1st day - gardening internal greenhouses and internal chores.

2nd day - harvesting internal greenhouses and sharing with animals - letting animals help in the harvesting.

3rd day - skiing on North slope, partly under glass - or sledding (etc.) .

4th day - hike to parkland,, down to base icy coast - playing with the Penguins when sunny (this would be in the best external weather of the 5 days).

5th day - watching and playing with animals in the internal pastureland  or simply lying on the grass and watching nature.

6th day - travel - once per week high speed tube transit 300 mph North beginning 11 AM to temperate destinations visiting friends. going to ocean beaches sometimes, staying overnight in cool high elevation equatorial destinations - highly variable - lunch while travelling - siesta while travelling, videos, personal study, etc.

7th day - Spent in equatorial destination once per month with friends doing whatever we choose to do.   Spent in warm beaches once per month, body surfing, making sand castles, having fun.    Eating and studying together with friends, stay overnight.  Or simply staying home doing whatever we want to do.

Note:  When travelling far (to equatorial locations) once per month the entire weekend is spent with that congregation and we will follow the schedule of the family we are visiting most (but not all) of the time.

5:00 to 6:00 - alternate cooking and resting (recreation or napping) - then prayer, eating, then cleaning up - can end past 6 PM.

6.00pm- 9:30 PM - 3 meetings per week - one on 7th day morning. - the other 5 evenings:

3rd day - back to sledding or indoor rowboating, scuba diving in warm coral reefs, canoeing, boating along internal lakes and rivers, watching waterfalls, use of internal recreation areas (tennis, bowling, ping pong, )

4th day - return hike on the next parkland 1 mile east or west or internal elevators through internal stores, gardens, etc.

5th day - going with a group to do whatever.

Prayer at meals, bedtime, or whenever.

Two Bible studies with resurrected ones on two evening - eating and recreation with them as well..

9:30 - 10:30 - totally variable including early to bed , early rise the next morning when travelling to equatorial locations once per month (ditto warm beaches).

Sunup-7.30am   - I am not getting out of bed until the sun streams through my window.  My dog(s), on the other hand, might have different ideas.

7.30-8.00am - COFFEE.  And breakfast.  Then MORE COFFEE.

8.00-12 noon - Work.  Whether it's Bible studies, or physical labor (those homes aren't going to build themselves).

Noon-12.30pm - Lunch and a walk.

12.30-4.30pm - More work with a nap after lunch.

4.30pm-6.00pm - Dinner.  And a long walk with the dog(s)

6.00pm-7.30pm - Reading.  Anything. 

7.30pm-9.30pm - More reading.  Bible study and preparation for tomorrow's studies and/or work routine.

9.30pm-10.30pm - Meditation.  

I have one dog now; I would like to have an entire sled dog team someday.  If I live somewhere north, my routine will include chopping firewood and making fires.  If I live somewhere it's warm, my routine may include regular beach walks.  

6 hours ago, Barbllm said:

Sunup-7.30am   - I am not getting out of bed until the sun streams through my window.  My dog(s), on the other hand, might have different ideas.

7.30-8.00am - COFFEE.  And breakfast.  Then MORE COFFEE.

8.00-12 noon - Work.  Whether it's Bible studies, or physical labor (those homes aren't going to build themselves).

Noon-12.30pm - Lunch and a walk.

12.30-4.30pm - More work with a nap after lunch.

4.30pm-6.00pm - Dinner.  And a long walk with the dog(s)

6.00pm-7.30pm - Reading.  Anything. 

7.30pm-9.30pm - More reading.  Bible study and preparation for tomorrow's studies and/or work routine.

9.30pm-10.30pm - Meditation.  

I have one dog now; I would like to have an entire sled dog team someday.  If I live somewhere north, my routine will include chopping firewood and making fires.  If I live somewhere it's warm, my routine may include regular beach walks.  

I wonder of the perfect person will need as much coffee?

I love coffee, but I suspect we love the effect over the taste just a little bit more, or we would maybe all drink decaf?

As the 20th century philosopher, Dolly Rebecca Parton once mused:

Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawn and stretch and try to come to life

Maybe in the Paradise we won't need the cup to contain quite as much ambition?

🤣

We had a Circuit Overseer that used to shun coffee because he said that it smelt like burning rubber.

I love the smell of burning rubber.

3 hours ago, Brother Brother said:

I love coffee, but I suspect we love the effect over the taste just a little bit more, or we would maybe all drink decaf?

I do like coffee.   It’s the smell that drags me in. I could do fine with a nice cup of tea but when I smell coffee?  Oh then I need that aromatic elixir to get me through the morning! 😂 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)