JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

System for Publishers FIeld Service Report

Hello Dear Brothers,

I have received the privilege to introduce a new system for collecting our field service reports in an easier, more convenient way in a single sheet for our secretary elder. I first thought about making one master excel file and then two additional files for the two group overseers. The problem is that not every overseer has a working Version of Excel and you cant exchange Data through any Cloud because of our restrictions of the GB.

Therefore my question is if any of you knows or uses a better System in your Congregation, perhaps similar to web services like Territory Helper.

I'm really looking forward to your suggestions!

Kind Regards,

Lukas 

On 3/3/2020 at 9:53 PM, schliggi said:

Hello Dear Brothers,

I have received the privilege to introduce a new system for collecting our field service reports in an easier, more convenient way in a single sheet for our secretary elder. I first thought about making one master excel file and then two additional files for the two group overseers. The problem is that not every overseer has a working Version of Excel and you cant exchange Data through any Cloud because of our restrictions of the GB.

Therefore my question is if any of you knows or uses a better System in your Congregation, perhaps similar to web services like Territory Helper.

I'm really looking forward to your suggestions!

Kind Regards,

Lukas 

Beachte die Anweisungen im Hütet-Buch und frage vor Benutzung einer App im Zweigbüro nach.

Als Hinweis: Territory Helper wurde vom Zweigbüro nicht zugelassen. Die Ältesten wurden

darüber vor längerem informiert (datenschutzrechtliche Bedenken).

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, schliggi said:

Hello Dear Brothers,

I have received the privilege to introduce a new system for collecting our field service reports in an easier, more convenient way in a single sheet for our secretary elder. 

Did you find what you were looking for?

It sounds like you are looking for a way for each SGO to collect the service time from their group and then send a single report to the secretary. Is that right?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What is the best way for a Field Service Group Overseer to collect the service time from his group and send it to the secretary?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What is the best way for a Field Service Group Overseer to collect the service time from his group and send it to the secretary?

In our case, due to the context of our congregation, every SGO fills an excel file and send it to the secretary who colects the data. each SGO colects the report by sending text messages or making phone calls. There are few of the publishers that take their own initiative and send the report by text messages...

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

For almost two years our congregation was using Hourglass Time  https://hourglass-app.com/localized/en/index.html

Last month 80 percent of the publishers sent their serivice time with the App.

This month our congregation started using JW Scheduler with the JWS - Publisher App to send in their service time and we had 95% send through the app. I am waiting on just 3 older sisters.

But App offers a lot more.  More information about JW Scheduler with the JWS - Publisher App here:

Edited by luisenriquereyes

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Is there an app for the SGO to collect the time from his group and send it to the secretary in a single report?

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, Tortuga said:

Is there an app for the SGO to collect the time from his group and send it to the secretary in a single report?

If you are using either Hourglass or JW Scheduler, you can give a SGO the permissions they need to enter in publisher's time for the secretary.  We just transitioned off of Hourglass to JWS, but I still have Hourglass until we're fully comfortable with JWS.  I can help with either, if you have either, and have further questions about this...

This is the second month that I have used a Google Forms response for my service group.  I send the link out to everyone in my group on the 1st of the month.  Once they're in, they choose their name from a dropdown and then enter all the fields that are on the paper slip we use from the Branch.  Then I'm able to download the spreadsheet with all the responses, which I'm able to send to the Secretary.

21 hours ago, Foxes53 said:

We use the KHS program. Group overseers can receive a file for their group. The fill in the report and send it to the secretary who imports it into the KHS app saving him from having to input the data.

Majestic Software - KHS

This is what we do too. The CO asked me as the secretary if I send a report to the group overseers for their group. I explained that its the group overseers who collect the reports and send them to me so they already know what their group is doing and can see their full history. He thought that was awesome.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Arumuga Raja said:

I have one doubt. Some say we can include in our ministry report from the time we leave home, can we put it that way?

As Br. Jayrtom cited in the OD book.  Our directions from the GB are to allow each individual to make their own decision.  No one else is supposed to ipress their decision on an individual's conscience.

"The Governing Body does not impose its conscience on the worldwide congregation as to how time spent in field service is to be counted, nor has anyone else been appointed to make a judgment in this matter."  OD chapter 8, paragraph 28

2 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

There are essential activities for which time is not counted, such as getting ready for field service, attending the meeting for field service, running errands, and so forth.

What is "getting ready for field service" ?

Despite the knowledge that time counting is a personal conscience, you seem to want others to make a stated rule as to what can be counted or not.  If I told you that you could not count putting on your coat to go out the door to service was an illegal "getting ready for field service" action, are you going to tell your family or others that they cannot count that time?  The Governing Body specifically tells you that you are not authorized to make that decision.

So why do you keep asking?  If a publisher starts counting when they go out the door, another only counts when they are in the car, another counts when the first person gets out at a door and another only counts when they personally talk at the door...these are personal conscience matters and are not an area that you have authority to be involved.

The OD book is specific.  "The Governing Body does not impose its conscience on the worldwide congregation as to how time spent in field service is to be counted,"

Count your time the way your conscience allows and give your fellow publishers the same latitude. Just let it go at that...❤️

Edited by jwhess

11 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

What is "getting ready for field service" ?

It means everything you do to prepare for preaching. For example, taking a shower, dressing up or traveling from your home to the Kingdom Hall. The Organized book says that time shouldn't be counted.