JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

46 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

How can we log or get into into JW STREAM? Do we supposed to leave an e-mail address with them?

It is Invitation only. Contact your local elders and they will send you an invitation.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My FIL's meetings have been cancelled and he was sent an email invite for the stream. Of course, it comes from "no-reply" at stream.jw.org . He wasn't sure what to do (he is 85) and asked me to help him while I was there today.

I opened the email and clicked on the invite link. It took us to the stream site ... then told us the link had expired even though the expiration date on the link says 3/29/2020. It then sent us to a log -in page. Of course, we did not have a user name or password for this page.

He is still waiting on word as to what to do next ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My FIL's meetings have been cancelled and he was sent an email invite for the stream. Of course, it comes from "no-reply" at stream.jw.org . He wasn't sure what to do (he is 85) and asked me to help him while I was there today.

I opened the email and clicked on the invite link. It took us to the stream site ... then told us the link had expired even though the expiration date on the link says 3/29/2020. It then sent us to a log -in page. Of course, we did not have a user name or password for this page.

He is still waiting on word as to what to do next ...

Any elder in his congregation, preferably in his FSG, can just send him a new link.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

It's not a live stream.  It's pre recorded.  By the time you receive that link, it will be available to play or download.  You do not need to wait until a specific time. 

IF YOU ARE USING A CHROME BROWSER you will have difficulty.  The stream site uses flash.  Chrome is discontinuing flash and will remove it entirely end of 2020. You will need to enable your flash by going into settings on your Chrome browser. 

I had one publisher with the "expired" problem.  This person's email was problematic for the JW Stream invitation (I don't know why).  Then the sent me an alternate address to use.  It worked well for the Midweek Meeting.  When they tried again on the Weekend Meeting, I think I selected the previous week (which expired the next day).  So the elder selecting the meeting must choose between 2 (or more) meetings which are identified by a "date" address like 2020-03-09.

These dates are not usually YOUR meeting times.  In the screenshot the weekend meeting is dated 2020-03-14 (which is a Saturday).  Toward the end of the week there will be another Midweek Meeting and antother Weekend Meeting on the list.  So I had to choose between 2020-03-07, 2020-03-09 and 2020-03-14.  If you choose poorly then the poor publisher gets a "one day" option and then it expires.

I fixed the sister's problem by re-inviting her family with the newer date.

Capture.JPG

On 3/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, Bro Richard said:

It is Invitation only. Contact your local elders and they will send you an invitation.

I discovered something about JWSTREAM,  there is an Invitation Manager that elders use to select the recipients, content, language and duration of the invitation. If the brother deletes the invitation from his Invitation Manager list, it actually revokes the invitation. 

If you have received an invitation for access to jwstream and your invitation doesn't work, ask the brother if he deleted the invitation from his Invitation Manager...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, Old Guy said:

You need to have an account with JW.Org, usually for onle MS and Elders.

login is not only for Ms and elders.

Everyone can have a login account that is connected to congregation domain.

Now we can fill applications for different theocratic services.It can be only done by connect login to domain.

In these emergency situation elders should allow publishers to access JW STREAMING.

Most recent instruction from our organizations (3/16) is not to use the JW Stream except in emergencies.  Elders will have instructions for alternative means for conducting meetings in several options (just not JW Stream unless it is very necessary).  The directions are adapting day-by-day.

11 hours ago, Joshua Raison said:

Now we can fill applications for different theocratic services.It can be only done by connect login to domain.

In these emergency situation elders should allow publishers to access JW STREAMING.

You have confused the JW.org site and the JW Stream site. 

Anyone can open a JW.org account but only Elders and MS have access to the JW Stream site.

The Branch has provided clear direction to the Elders about JW.org and JW Stream.

You should talk to your local elders first if you have any questions about the two sites.

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

Most recent instruction from our organizations (3/16) is not to use the JW Stream except in emergencies.  Elders will have instructions for alternative means for conducting meetings in several options (just not JW Stream unless it is very necessary).  The directions are adapting day-by-day.

Looking at the letter right now and I do not any reference to resticting use to emergency only. It is twice stated that JWStream should be considered only when other alternatives are not possible;  not to be used week after week.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We have very bad phone service. We have to use the internet. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes, not. 
Our dear brothers have allowed me to keep the streaming. I will listen in, and if the sound quality is poor, and I get, say, every other word, I don’t have to stress. I can go to the streaming, and get the whole meeting. 
Stress off, for me. 
And, I understand how desperately Jehovah’s organization is trying to help us feel that we are not being talked at,  but can be a part of an interchange. 
And, like I told the elder I was talking to, with what has been going in in Russia, Venezuela, etc, this should be a walk in the park. 
We have food, etc. no persecution, strong spiritual support. We are blessed. And, we need to remember that. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

19 hours ago, Joshua Raison said:

Actually no login is necessary when you receive an invite to watch the meetings. Just click on the link, choose which meeting, and play it. You can choose to stream the meeting or download it. I prefer to download it so that I can watch it even if the connection is not good.

On the other hand, elders can send invitations that are valid for a longer time period than just one day or two. That way not so many friends would receive that Expired error.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, Dustparticle said:

How can we log or get into into JW STREAM? Do we supposed to leave an e-mail address with them?

Your Group Overseer/or an Elder will send a link thru your email and it opens when you click on it!

Voni in NC

On 3/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, Old Guy said:

You need to have an account with JW.Org, usually for onle MS and Elders.

Dean, I'm formerly from the Garden State now I'm;

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

11 hours ago, Old said:

Looking at the letter right now and I do not any reference to resticting use to emergency only. It is twice stated that JWStream should be considered only when other alternatives are not possible;  not to be used week after week.

If all other possibilities are unusable is what I meant by emergency.  If any other ways are possible don't use it.  Sorry for the semantic ;misunderstanding.  The suggestions now expand to further adaption of skype and zoom and other digital offerings.  Surely you can find SOME other method for regular use.

• 6 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 9:33 PM, Mephibosheth said:

If the brother deletes the invitation from his Invitation Manager list, it actually revokes the invitation. 

This not explained anywhere in the help file. I am finding inconsistent results. I send invitations with 100 day window but I am finding with some, the option to view expires once they have opened the invite once, regardless of the expiry date. If they go back even minutes later, there is only an expiry message. I have some where I have deleted the invite but still the invitee can access jw stream. Results are inconsistent ☹️

• 2 weeks later...