JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

N.Korea vs S.Korea

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1308 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It looks like tension between North and South Korea is building so here is a topic to track the news reports.

NK has blown up a building that was used to talk with SK. It's like hanging up the phone and then smashing it with a hammer...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/asia/north-korea-explosion-intl-hnk/index.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

40 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

It looks like tension between North and South Korea is building so here is a topic to track the news reports.

NK has blown up a building that was used to talk with SK. It's like hanging up the phone and then smashing it with a hammer...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/asia/north-korea-explosion-intl-hnk/index.html

I feel sorry for the people in the north.

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I feel sorry for the people in the north.

You could tie some tracts to a balloon and hope they get it, but I wouldn't recommend it....🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 6/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, Dustparticle said:

What is sad if someone receive one and the government knows who it is, they would probably kill that person.

Is it correct to say there are only three nations that have zero JW's ?

N. Korea

Sudan

Can't think of the third one

Not sure if things have changed but there used to not be any JW's in Iraq

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Is it correct to say there are only three nations that have zero JW's ?
N. Korea
Sudan
Can't think of the third one

No, it could mean that, but what we are saying is that we are not getting any reports from such countries.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

No, it could mean that, but what we are saying is that we are not getting any reports from such countries.

Yes, we don’t know how Jehovah is spreading the Good News in these countries. 

Edited by Romain

• 2 weeks later...

I understood it was North Korea’s , Somalia and Afghanistan. With which the Organization has no formal diplomatic relationships. The Good News , however, is very likely seeping in to all these lands in some way. Consider N. Korea ( before their ever was such a Country Jehovah’s People already existed on the Korean Peninsula. So, probably some underground activity exists even there. 

31 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

I understood it was North Korea

I know there had been a limited preaching activity in a very good way in the past. But now they all have been stopped.

It seems you already know about the history of Jehovah's people in Korean Peninsula. I would not be surprised if there are. But I really am not sure how their state would be now, considering they were cut off from the world for more than 70 years.

Anyway, I think it is moderators' wish to keep this topic updated for news about the tension between the North Korea and the South Korea, and I am interested in it.

And the latest is that the Kim has ordered to cease all military activity.

http://koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200624000730

Might be a while we hear another news then?

Edited by Hinata

Activist group launches balloons containing bibles towards North Korea

Despite recent inter-Korean tensions, a Christian NGO launched balloons containing bibles towards North Korea from a location adjacent to the border on Thursday evening.

https://www.nknews.org/2020/06/activist-group-launches-balloons-containing-bibles-towards-north-korea/

(Decided to share this rather small event, as it is related to a one of Christendom’s activity.)

Edited by Hinata

• 2 months later...