JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

GB Update #7

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1306 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was hoping it would be a part of the AM and they would release the Year Text and new publication.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

Informed that at morning worship today, it was announced that the Bethel lockdown has been extended to February 1, 2021...

Should we assume that all of the KH and AH are still locked down until then too?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Should we assume that all of the KH and AH are still locked down until then too?

No we shouldn't ... but definitely the vast majority worldwide. I'm aware of at least ONE country (Vanuatu) who is still using their halls - and that is because not one covid case has reached their shores. ( have a feeling Fiji might be another, not 100% sure on that one.)

Interesting side note on the Vanuatu situation - they aren't even letting their own people back even with quarantine. We have had a family from there with our congregation who has had to remain in NZ right through everything (thankfully his  mother is in our congregation so they have been looked after as has she) - but they have just moved North because they have found a group of Vanuatuans who are also stranded in NZ - and they are fruit picking up North - these people are from remote islands of Vanuatu which rarely if ever get a witness - so this dear faithful family have moved in order to give them a witness).

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Awesome update and what a lovely way hes done it with the pause section. I get the feeling they are trying to fortify us for a longer period than we expected - which of course, does not mean that the P and S message will not take place tomorrow, if that's the way things play out. We need a balanced view of things - one that this could continue for some time ... and two we know the suddenness of Jehovah's day will surprise even us. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

For those who wanted the names added with their dialogue.

2020-10 GB Update #7 with names added.rtf 2020-10 GB Update #7 with names added.pdf

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

7 hours ago, Luisabola said:

And that dear Russian sister Darya, what she’s had to go through at such a young age is so inspiring. 

I absolutely loved that part too. It was so-o-o-o-o-o encouraging! The Russians are in this for the long haul, and not just because of the coronavirus either. Nothing that Russia can do will be able to separate them from Jehovah's love. May the same apply to the rest of us too.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

The virus is NOT going away at all. Enjoy the ride!!

Although that statement may sound unkind, it is not entirely outside the realm of possibility. This article explains. It is also backed up by a doctor in Ontario, Canada, and a doctor at the World Health Organization.

I liked sister Darya Dulova experience, when she said.

"At the convention that took place shortly before we were raided, there was an interesting point made about how humans are actually 80 percent water. So when they took me into the interrogation room, I sat down and looked at the interrogator. And in my mind, I drew a dotted line and filled him up with 80 percent water. And when he started saying things like, “Dasha, you’ve got no future,” all I saw was him filling up with water. In short, his threats didn’t bother me."

8 hours ago, Stormswift said:

they have found a group of Vanuatuans who are also stranded in NZ - and they are fruit picking up North - these people are from remote islands of Vanuatu which rarely if ever get a witness - so this dear faithful family have moved in order to give them a witness

I have a feeling that this pandemic is creating many unique situations, shuffling around people in very unexpected ways, for people to get the message of the truth. We had a similar experience: A family was visiting the USA when their country closed it's border due to Covid-19 and they ended up unexpectedly stranded here, in a foreign country. The daughter was am active JW, and so the entire family was taken in and hosted for several months. This family had studied the truth on and off for years, but had had some bad experiences that turned them off. After having a fresh start and meeting a wider variety of brothers, and receiving hospitality, they started studying again. The mother told me that she knows that Jehovah made this move so that she could have a better view of the JW, and she has a much better attitude now. We still study through ZOOM, and she is progressing in her understanding.

It was another encouraging update indeed....
I think I’ve at times underestimated how all this is affecting our young ones, thinking that kids are resilient and seem to deal well with changes in life, but how nice that they are taken into account in this update. Jehovah is kind in acknowledging that they need encouragement in this update ☺️  

1 hour ago, Jothob said:

It was another encouraging update indeed....
I think I’ve at times underestimated how all this is affecting our young ones, thinking that kids are resilient and seem to deal well with changes in life, but how nice that they are taken into account in this update. Jehovah is kind in acknowledging that they need encouragement in this update ☺️  

Haven’t watched it yet but it’s nice to hear they are included. So many teens graduating without the usual fanfare. My teen has had a couple meltdowns. That’s why we have to get out of the house and do things. Other younger ones are really emotionally affected.  And the moms are trying not to pull their hair out. I look forward to watching later this weekend!

Edited by BLEmom

Adding

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Haven’t watched it yet but it’s nice to hear they are included. So many teens graduating without the usual fanfare. My teen has had a couple meltdowns. That’s why we have to get out of the house and do things. Other younger ones are really emotionally affected.  And the moms are trying not to pull their hair out. I look forward to watching later this weekend!

Oh this update is just for your teen! It’s very encouraging and also gives some practical things your teen can do to stave off the anxiety.....enjoy! ☺️