JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

if you can choose a congregation to join.. where its location will be?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1050 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So our preaching group just made a little event, a Dinner over Zoom with the theme of : holidays ( les vacance )

with a little question underneath..

if you can choose whatever congregation in any part of the world you want to live in and preach there  what this country will be?

i really loved this question and wanted to share it here with you.. and see if you guys had this chance where will you want to live?

Either Holland or India

Holland has such natural beauty, imagine the views on your preaching! 

India purely because of the massive amount of people to reach and the need

Hebrews 11:1

~ Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. ~

14 minutes ago, bear_about said:

Totally agree about Holland!!  The food the landscape! The cheese 🧀😋😋 the tulips 🥰😍

For preaching I honestly prefer an African country.. I don't think i can do much in India 😅😢

29 minutes ago, bear_about said:

Either Holland or India

India purely because of the massive amount of people to reach and the need

Perhaps you should consider Australia,  as the country was called New Holland in the past...and we have so many people from India living here at the moment  LOL :P

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, New World Explorer said:

Perhaps you should consider Australia,  as the country was called New Holland in the past...and we have so many people from India living here at the moment  LOL :P

ERM NO THANKS

Screenshot 2021-06-09 233840.png

Hebrews 11:1

~ Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. ~

I'm actually fine where I am at here in Ohio.  Or, in Indiana where I'm from.  The Midwest is home to me, and I'm quite comfortable here.  I like having 4 distinct seasons (Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Road Construction when the orange barrels bloom).  I don't mind or endure the snow and the humidity.  I live in a rural community but I'm within half-hour to an hour drive from larger cities.  I'm within 20 to 30 minutes from any big box store that I need, and we have plenty of entertainment options.  

Now, my specific home location could use improvement.  Right now I live about 150 feet from the railroad tracks and 4 blocks from a train yard.  We'd much rather live on a lake or in the mountains or on a lake in the mountains.  We used to live 9 minutes from a winery but the owner retired and they closed last month.  

Risa — The Gold Standard in Rest and Relaxation

The Shore Leave Planet — Where Your Imagination is the Only Limit

A Holodeck congregation

OK.  I should be serious.  But it escapes me sometimes.

Edited by Witness1970

Well.. I'm from the Netherlands (not from Holland though, I'm from another province But for many "Holland" equals "The Netherlands" So just choose from where I am... Just to simplify things).

I'm happy here, so it isn't bad to stay. But I would also love to go the the Middle-East, or Northern Africa.
Maybe a mix:
October-May: Middle-East
June-September: The Netherlands

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Right where I am. I love our little congregation, the area is beautiful, and our little home, (my husband built) is perfect for us. Don’t get me wrong. As I type this, I look at an unfinished wall. Eventually, this room will get attention, by my perfectionist husband. It’s been a 30 year job, and rural. Where my paradise starts! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!