JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #9

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 695 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

I still prefer being on zoom. I find it easier to concentrate via zoom.

There are so many destractions at home. For us it our pets. For others it could be mail/deliveries.

Cant wait to met together at the KH MASKLESS!!!

Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'm glad I seen the link before it was hidden. 

Bro Splane tapped the table twice. I was hoping for 3 times for emphasis, but two is 😆good enough. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

4 hours ago, Hope said:

Man - that was super lovely! ❤️  I really, truly appreciate this Update!

Anti vaxxers … watch out!!

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

How do y'all feel about wearing a mask at the KH?

I still prefer being on zoom. I find it easier to concentrate via zoom

I prefer zoom too

by far

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

On a litter note, The RC 22 theme wasn't announced.

Yep I noticed that too 🧐🧐🧐

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I found it interesting to compare all the different pilot program congregations. Some were hugging (which is lovely) but our congregation has refrained from that and maintaining social distance (even though no covid here). And we aren’t wearing masks in Western Australia (unless you choose to) but Tasmanian congs were. 

Shows me how the elders are following specific protocols for their local situation. Obeying the superior authorities is important. Rules change all the time in this covid pandemic, so it’s heartening to see how agile our congregations are in responding and keeping us safe in these times. 

I hope it won’t be too long and you all join us in meeting together again in person. 💞

56 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I found it interesting to compare all the different pilot program congregations.

I found some of the chair spacing interesting. In one Hall a Zoom monitor  was right in front of the stage. One KH had a camera on a tripod right in front of the speaker.

One big thing - none of those interviewed and/or commenting made any disparaging comments about wearing masks, distancing, not having the whole Congregation at the KH, vaccination status or any other negative comments. All the comments were positive and upbuilding. A good example for all of us to follow.

Br. Splane phrased the results of the pilot program as possibly allowing more to start in-person meeting "in the coming months" - so it seems obvious the FDS is not rushing to have us go back to our KH's ... it will be a progressive procedure taking place "decently and by arrangement".

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

59 minutes ago, Arumuga Raja said:

May i know how did you know today will release 2021 Governing Body Update #9 in earlier? 

It was mentioned in another thread that the Update may be released today.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D