JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #9

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 691 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

May i know how did you know today will release 2021 Governing Body Update #9 in earlier? 

Because someone decided that the forum rules did not apply to them and evidently posted a link to an as-yet unavailable programme.  There will always be those who think they can do what they like, regardless of what the admins have decided is proper, and that the Faithful Slave has requested.

It’s sad, but true, my brother. 

Stay faithful in what is least, Bro Raja, you will not lack anything good. 

Edited by bohemian

tablet printed reply multiple times!

6 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

There are so many destractions at home. For us it our pets. For others it could be mail/deliveries.

Cant wait to met together at the KH MASKLESS!!!

Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

There are no distractions at my home.. I was surprised to hear that observation. My cat doesn't bother me during meetings.  There are more at the Hall, to be honest. People moving around, babies crying, looking to see commenters, latecomers. Brothers on duty have to count, attend, move mics around.

For me, the improvement will be the singing- but I will miss those who have to stay on Zoom... 😞  and my easy-to-focus-in home. 

9 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

How do y'all feel about wearing amask at the KH?

REALLY DO NOT want to go to the KH if we have to wear one.

Emoji Think GIF

We have a brother and his wife in our congregation from Poland. She does fine with the English language. Her husband on the other hand…not so much. Very broken. Very hard for me and a few others understand his comments.

I think if he wore a mask? Impossible. 🤣😂🤣

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Encouraging video and felt re-assured by everyone in the Halls wearing masks 😷.

Whilst we are not back at in-person meetings here, some are even worried about travelling to the Kingdom Hall. There's the stress of driving, getting caught in traffic etc, but there are a lot (especially in cities and major towns) that rely on public transport to get to the Kingdom Hall. With the world showing a lack of concern with the wearing of masks, one certainly wouldn't want to inadvertently come into contact with a positive person and them unknowingly spread the virus inside to others.

Just wondering if how you get from home to the Kingdom Hall will be considered for returning to in-person meetings 🤔?

52 minutes ago, Adam! said:

Just wondering if how you get from home to the Kingdom Hall will be considered for returning to in-person meetings 🤔?

Adam, so far congregations in the pilot program are in areas where covid cases are almost zero. Even then, there is still the option to join via Zoom for all those who are vulnerable or simply don't feel comfortable attending. Nobody is pressured to attend in person, rather the opposite. If you prefer to attend by Zoom no questions are asked.

11 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

How do y'all feel about wearing amask at the KH?

REALLY DO NOT want to go to the KH if we have to wear one.

I don't think that is the real question with this update. I like the thought by Bro. Splane:

1.4. Trust the Organization’s pandemic information 
But from Jehovah’s organization, we’ve had clear direction from the very beginning. And we thank Jehovah for it. For example, think of the information we’ve received through recent Governing Body updates. This is evidence of Jehovah’s loving direction — his goodness. 
In last month’s update, Brother Lett made a very important point. 
●    He reminded us that the information we’re receiving regarding the pandemic is prepared by faithful brothers. 

We can trust them. 
1.5. No personal view or political agenda
They aren’t motivated by some personal view or political agenda. They love us. They want the best for us. I hear someone ask, ‘What do they know?’ Wrong question. I think the right question is, What does Jehovah know? 
It comes down to this, friends: 
●    Do I really believe that Jehovah is directing this organization today? 
●    Do I believe that Jehovah will give insight to his faithful people so they can remain “in the land of the living,” as the psalmist said? 
●    To repeat the question we often raise in field service, Does God really care? 

I, personally, work in a mask.

I like to work and be paid.

I love Jehovah and trust Him and His organization to not put local friends in harms way while doing His will.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Very nice update. I liked it when brother Splane said:

I hear someone ask, ‘ What do they know?’ Wrong question. I think the right question is, What does Jehovah know?

(emphasis mine)

I’ll try my best at not chafing at wearing masks. 
(that’s a new word for me: chafe; I’ll try to learn it)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Wow what an excellent update. So lovely to see footage of the pilot program. Hearing them sing!! It seems to be going well, it looks like it has Jehovah’s blessings on it.

I love the way brother splane talks, his manner.

All time peak memorial attendance of 21,367,603. That’s incredible.

The fact that they never missed one monthly broadcast, the new study aid, all during the pandemic. 

Such an encouraging update. 

We are looking forward to going back to the KH for meetings, but in our part of Australia we have to wait, even though some states are now doing so.

I realise some may have a legitimate reason for not being able to wear a mask, (Phobias etc)  but that would be by far a minority.

In Australia we have had to wear masks every time we go into a building , and have been doing so for 18 months.    I bought a good fitting cloth mask with an insert, and it is very comfortable.

If it means protecting our brothers , I think it is a small price to pay.