JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The length of your necktie?

Too short and it looks like you don’t care that your clothes and accessories don’t fit you. Too long and it looks like you don’t know what you’re doing.

When Donald Trump wore a tie that was slightly too bright and too long, all media focus was on that and not on what he was actually saying and doing. Perhaps a political strategy, but do you really want people to remember your tie instead of what you are saying?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I don’t like to wear a tie, so just 5

Well, most of them will still go to the belt buckle,The big head of the tie will not cover the belt buckle, and the small head will not exceed the length of the big head.

I don’t like to wear a suit, but you know, you do what you’ve got to do….

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

haha,I thought im the only one observing how brothers use ties.

so far ive never seen any brother looked good on a too short tie,but im yet to see it on more and more brothers so i wont conclude,life is full of surprises,plus that things easily get trendy this days.

23 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

(1) Touching your belly button.

(2) Past your belly button.

(3) Above your belly button.

(4) WAY past the belly button.

(5) I don't wear a necktie. 

(6) I prefer a bow tie. 

I've often wondered what looked the best as far as length goes.  From what has been posted I may have been wearing mine too short.

If the tie is really thick, I use a Pratt Knot.  I think what I have been using normally is a half Windsor.  I have never been sure about the half Windsor or full Windsor.  One day, I want to learn to tie an Eldridge knot.  I thought it might be interesting.

On Fri Jan 07 2022 at 4:48 PM, Nedric said:

I don’t like to wear a tie, 

The idea is to dress complete.

any style of clothe you want to wear,it should be in its recognized complete and formal way.so if you choose to wear the suit,it should have a tie,right? 

We rarely use the suit in my place,we use our traditional outfits instead and we dont dress halfway in it for meetings or important occasions.

48 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

any style of clothe you want to wear,it should be in its recognized complete and formal way.so if you choose to wear the suit,it should have a tie,right? 

Yes brother, I grew up with the habit of rejecting things that hang around my neck, such as ties, scarves, necklaces and these things. That's why I said I don't like ties. I know what you mean, so for the formality when I wear a suit I still wear a tie, but I'm still not completely used to ties. This may change over time, just like I didn't get used to wearing a suit at first.

54 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

We rarely use the suit in my place,we use our traditional outfits instead and we dont dress halfway in it for meetings or important occasions.

If I wear my traditional clothes here will be too much attention, so I'd better continue to wear a suit 😄

Whatever is considered formal wear locally works, I guess.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 4 weeks later...