JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Food shortages are everywhere

That's true,its just that we can't know the history of everywhere,I'm sure you agree.
I am yet to see the extremes of climatic conditions in my locality.things such as earthquakes,tornados, draught, failed harvest etc are only seen in the news,we are yet to experience them.
The only serious challenge to farming is the herdsmen who practice open grazing causing herders-farmers clash sometimes but a lot has been done to settle this misunderstanding as both aspects of agriculture is highly valued.

But you have to agree that when the earth stops yielding because of climate change, which we have seen in some areas so far, both agrarian societies and city dwellers suffer? And that Bible prophecy indicates that we will see more of this as time hurries to the end of this system?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

But you have to agree that when the earth stops yielding because of climate change, which we have seen in some areas so far, both agrarian societies and city dwellers suffer? And that Bible prophecy indicates that we will see more of this as time hurries to the end of this system?

I don't disagree at all.

My point is that these changes might not be seriously experienced uniformly in every place.but the universal effect will far out weight the exceptions.

16 hours ago, vern said:

Brother i met couple years aho said he can.t grow a garden any more..

To many weird diseases take them out now.

Can he grow a garden any less?  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

CNN: Rotting fruit, spoiled vegetables: How Texas just made the supply chain even worse.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/16/economy/texas-mexico-abbott-border-economic-impact

I said in post 32

Me in post 32

But there is also willful, there's a lot of wilful

And this is the sort of thing I mean :angry:

Ps if there's a better way to quote from posts on multiple pages I don't know it. 

In the news "Rockefeller Foundation president starts countdown until all hell breaks loose."

Rajiv Shah told Bloomberg Television a massive, immediate food crisis is on the horizon in the next six months.

Global fertilizer supply disruptions would slash crop yields worldwide.

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

In the news "Rockefeller Foundation president starts countdown until all hell breaks loose."

Rajiv Shah told Bloomberg Television a massive, immediate food crisis is on the horizon in the next six months.

Year text is a timely message

On 3/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Unfortunately, we have always had hunger in the world. However, events over the past couple of years have resulted in food shortages with the pandemic affecting supply lines in our Western lands. 

And weather disasters have also brought disruption to supply chains, often in unprecedented ways, like 1 in 1,000 year floods hitting the East coast of Australia right now. Small towns along the coast and inland simply have no food as whole warehouses and supermarkets and farmland is flooded. Bridges and other road and rail infrastructure have been washed out. It will take months to reestablish, and the reality is that airdrops of food and clean water will have to continue for a while.

And here in the West, the rail and road infrastructure that was washed out in the floods a few months ago have meant that not only covid has affected our supply chains.  Though the road and rail are back running, our supermarkets are still empty because it takes time for the backlog to be filled. We are running out  of literally every item, and you go shopping with the aim of buying whatever they have available.  And we know it’s only going to get worse as we know 🙁

Today in the news are talking of the gas's rise and lack food in this season in US

The 2022 Governing Body Update #3

give us good tips

9 hours ago, Doug said:

You beat me to it. I was gonna post a video talking about how some expect global food shortages because of the war in Ukraine but wanted to watch the video in full first.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Yes there are food shortages because of the pandemics and wars. I hope I'm right on this,  I think some articles goes beyond Biblical portion. If we going to have massive food shortages six months, then what is being done now?

1. Are we going to have people eat like pigs until this happen?

2. How about closing down restaurants worldwide so the food can go to all people who is going to need food?

3. How about proper distribution of food worldwide?

4.  Is the world going to learn from Genesis 41:46-57 ? Prepare NOW before it is to late.

Edited by Dustparticle

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

. How about proper distribution of food worldwide?

Not that, never that. The official issue is "Not Enough Food" even while it's been wasted. Last week there was a news article quoting a World Bank chief saying that food reserves were at highest levels ever and the priority had to be making sure people could access them but that wasn't the narrative and it disappeared before I got back to it. Put another way, there are more obese people in the world that hungry ones, but one's die from malnutrition every day. 

On 4/24/2022 at 10:33 PM, *Jack* said:

You beat me to it. I was gonna post a video talking about how some expect global food shortages because of the war in Ukraine but wanted to watch the video in full first.

Here’s that video I mentioned.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/business/world-bank-ukraine-shock/index.html

Higher food and energy prices could last ‘for years,’ World Bank warns

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has contributed to an historic shock to commodity markets that will keep global prices high through the end of 2024, according to the World Bank.

The spike in energy prices over the past two years is the biggest since the 1973 oil crisis, while the jump in food prices is the most since 2008, the World Bank said Tuesday in its commodity markets outlook report.

“Overall, this amounts to the largest commodity shock we’ve experienced since the 1970s,” said Indermit Gill, the World Bank’s vice president for equitable growth, finance and institutions.

More and more are relying on food banks after losing their jobs during the pandemic. Soaring cost of living prices- rents, interest rate rises, petrol, food- and fixed low unemployment payments means people can’t even find enough money to buy food for their families. Wages also have risen much slower than inflation these past few years.

“She lost her job in hospitality last year due to Sydney's COVID-19 Delta outbreak.

She feels like everything has gotten that bit more expensive, and budgeting a weekly shop with only $50 isn't enough for her, let alone her teenage daughter Hannah.

When Ms Formosa does her shop it's the "cheapest type of food" she's buying. It means there's no protein, fruit or vegetables on the menu — just a lot of pasta”

Food  costs are rising so much that the poor and underemployed struggle to eat nutritional food. Another type of food shortage, which will lead to poor health and early death. And this is in Australia, a wealthy country. Truly seeing prophecy fulfilled.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-29/food-insecurity-affecting-more-australians-covid-cost-of-living/101013754

Suggestions : 1. Any plant that you eat can be cultivated. Since we

need to rely on Jehovah, he will help us grow our

own food supply.

2. Can you figure out a way to catch rain water to

water your plants?

Edited by Margaret

27 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Can you figure out a way to catch rain water to water your plants?

Colorado and Utah are currently heavily regulated to keep homeowners from harvesting and using the rain that falls on their property

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Talking to an overworked guy who works in stock control in the grocery part of my store. He's frequently finding cases, not packets entire cases, of things like salmon, sausages etc having gone out of date sitting in fridges in the back stores because the floor packers aren't doing their jobs right. Will also find out of date stock in the fridges because floor packers just push new stock in front of old. When he complains to management he's blanked. 

This both reduces the food available and makes what's available more expensive to cover for what's dumped. Every part of The Signs are human made and food shortages are no exception. 

14 hours ago, Qapla said:

Colorado and Utah are currently heavily regulated to keep homeowners from harvesting and using the rain that falls on their property

https://4perfectwater.com/blog/rainwater-harvesting-laws

• Colorado – The only state that it is completely illegal to harvest rainwater. Other than that each house is allowed up to 110 gallons of rain barrel storage.
  • Utah – 2,500 gallons max for rainwater harvesting systems. A permit is required

14 hours ago, Qapla said:

Add Washington state to that list.  They'll fine you if they catch you collecting rainwater without a very expensive permit

What are they afraid of with harvesting water off a roof?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”