JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Percy said:

I almost laughed. The next video that followed was a Master Class in "Tough Calls and Life Lesson" by George W Bush on Lessons in Leadership. Yikes! What's next?

Its wicked. 

Leaders of the world dont really care about people. 

Maybe KOTN or his high representative Putin, reaches it´s end before GT.

If Jehovah doesnt intervene this World may become a disaster.

No wonder people are so afraid.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

53 minutes ago, eliakem said:

Pentagon Chief: If Ukraine Is Defeated, NATO Will Be At War With Russia

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pentagon-chief-if-ukraine-defeated-war-nato-will-be-war-russia

As we wait for the GT there are many situations that is ongoing and prophecies overlapping.  We don't know how definitive the scriptures are in reference to the last days. Otherwise, we would not keep speculating.

Ex: There can be many scenarios to these last days.  The GB is discussing them and announcing "what they understand" to the domestics.

However, in my imperfect mind I have always thought on the scripture ......"at a time you think it not to be it"  One can never see the forest for the trees.  When do we not expect it to be it?  When we are in it.

There are too many unknowns and so yes, we must keep alert because at a time that we do not think it to be it......it is!

It most certainly will catch alot of us by surprise if, we do  not discern, pray, and act quickly when the signal is given. 

Either by our elders given to them by the GB or, when we see a situation that warrants great faith and action.

We will have to wait and see how all this plays out.

Edited by cme

7 minutes ago, cme said:

As we wait for the GT there are many situations that is ongoing and prophecies overlapping.  We don't know how definitive the scriptures are in reference to the last days. Otherwise, we would not keep speculating.

Ex: There can be many scenarios to these last days.  The GB is discussing them and announcing "what they understand" to the domestics.

However, in my imperfect mind I have always thought on the scripture ......"at a time you think it not to be it"  One can never see the forest for the trees.  When do we not expect it to be it?  When we are in it.

There are too many unknowns and so yes, we must keep alert because at a time that we do not think it to be it......it is!

It most certainly will catch alot of us by surprise if, we do  not discern, pray, and act quickly when the signal is given. 

Either by our elders given to them by the GB or, when we see a situation that warrants great faith and action.

We will have to wait and see how all this plays out.

We need the new system. A lot of bro and sis have mental health issues because of what's happening. 

Yes, so true.  But, you have to trust that Jehovah has the full scope of this.  He knows when the time is right.  In the meantime, we can all benefit from just keeping busy in Jehovah's things and away from the News!

The News is very volatile and negative. No hope do they offer. 

Satan would love for us to give up in some way.  Mental or, otherwise.

Jehovah is acting in our behalf, for our salvation, trust that.

Be seletive with the news. I mean just pick up the news information that may fit to your deep personal study. This way, news can build us up our faith because they help us to imagine how would be the prophecies might look like. This method is so tested. I made several assumptions now are reality. Of course through Jehovah, Jesus and FDS help. This way I feel the comfort from God despite challenges. 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

We need the new system. A lot of bro and sis have mental health issues because of what's happening. 

I agree sister Jenny... I've noticed that too

After Covid everything changed

I think the principle now of Matthew 6:33 and 34 is more useful than before the previous years

Yesterday in the hall, talking to a young brother, but a veteran in the organization, he told me that in order to have a spark there in the "peace and security" scenario, it would be necessary for Putin to set off some firecrackers out there

That's a sad statement, of course, but the context seems to lead to it.

Well, that touches our feelings, our emotions and our thinking. 

How far will we go to bring about the end?

What do we think when we read Matthew 24, for example?

We need to have a gigantic balance in 2024 
This has never happened in all of human history, I think even at the time of "Mount Vesuvius" in Pompeii, there was nothing like it today.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 2/29/2024 at 7:06 AM, LindaViktoria said:

How kind. My husband is Palestinian and what is happening now is terrible. It’s heartbreaking to see videos on social media or in the news. We have brothers and sisters that are palestinians and jews in Palestine and Israel. It must be very difficult for them to be neutral with the pressure from both sides. I use to refrain from commenting on this subject, but your comment made me glad, that is what being a true christian means, loving all people despite the conflicts in this world. I have noticed that some friends have prejudiced thoughts about arabs and that makes me sad since they dont know so much about them, just what they read in papers or heard from someone. The conflicts are created by Satan to divide people. We must not let that affect our attitude against different people. It will be wonderful in the new world when all people will live together whatever background they have. 

Thank you for your comment. It is indeed so heartbreaking to watch the videos on social media… those poor children suffering right now, families broken, starvation, the list goes on. Imagine how Jehovah must feel. My thoughts go out to you and your husband, as well as your relatives in the truth and family. One day, there will be war no more, and I hope I get to meet some in the resurrection, Jehovah willing, and teach them about the true god. 

They are saying if Mr. Trump gets in as president, it’s the end of democracy. People are actually scared. ‘Cause he might just get elected! All this does is show the futility of any sort of man made government . 
Exciting times ahead. Jehovah will have us prepared! 
So, what’s going on is sort of just a, “stop-gap”. 
At this point it’s more irritating than scary for me. Something we have to go through..

And, go through it, we shall. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Maybe KOTN or his high representative Putin, reaches it´s end before GT.

If Jehovah doesnt intervene this World may become a disaster.

No wonder people are so afraid.

I've often thought that, but this nagging question keeps coming up.  Wasn't the KOTN supposed to lead the charge against us during the final attack before armageddon?

Regarding various comments on the reading of news.

• If local or world news makes your anxiety or depression worse, then it is probably good to limit it or avoid it whenever possible.
  • If news posted here in this discussion makes your anxiety/depression worse, then I would unsubscribe to this particular P&S topic on JW talk.   Because world events and news articles are sometimes relevant, it still could cause us stress reading about them on here if we stumble across something.   Ask yourself - do I need a break from it?
  • Some of the news posted in this thread can at times be helpful to see where we are at with things relative to the end.   We have been advised to pay attention.    This of course does not mean neglecting spiritual responsibilities which of course are priority.

A person I know hasn't watched the news in 10-20 years, which was hard for me to comprehend how that is even possible.  Being selective and balanced in our news reading (as was mentioned by someone else) as we know can sometimes help us in our ministry.   I had 2 conversations on both a local and world topic over the past month brought up by the householders, not me.   I knew what they were referring to because I read the news.   The slave has said that many times - to use it for talking points just like they produce articles for, that is, current events affecting people, such as on our website.   For myself, sometimes general news headlines are enough for me and I don't need the violent or gory details of this and that. 

This pertains to both local and world news.   Develop the balance and self-examine to see if what you are reading is affecting you mentally or spiritually, or both.

Personally, certain news headlines can at times make my faith stronger, knowing things are moving in the right direction, just as foretold.  It's like the needle on the instrument gauge.   We want it now - we need it now - we are begging for it now, sometimes we get a bit impatient, but as mentioned, it will happen on Jehovah's timetable, and he won't disappoint.   May we all endure with Jah's help and choose the right amount of news that is healthy for each of us as individuals.   Only we can make that decision, not others.  :itsoksign:

Edited by Desert Dan

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

I've often thought that, but this nagging question keeps coming up.  Wasn't the KOTN supposed to lead the charge against us during the final attack before armageddon?

Oh yes. But if Putin is ousted or killed isn’t the end of the nation it self 

Someone else will continue to rule Russia untill Armageddon 

If this happens then a major change in World events could happen

Just like if Trump gets elected. 2025 would be full of surprises in leadership, organizations, etc

1 hour ago, Dumma said:

both will get along against God's people and that triggers Armageddon 

Aparently they were together in agreement when created UN in 1945

Dan.11:31 and both will be in agreement again to destroy BTG Rev.17:13,17 and both will be in agreement to destroy God’ People (Ez. Chapter 38).

since they are not in agreement now I just wonder if Putin will ever be replaced soon. 🤔 Maybe a change in regime?

Or a change in KOTS regime to get closer to KOTN regime?

Time will tell  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sofia

52 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Aparently they were together in agreement when created UN in 1945

Dan.11:31 and both will be in agreement again to destroy BTG Rev.17:13,17 and both will be in agreement to destroy God’ People (Ez. Chapter 38).

since they are not in agreement now I just wonder if Putin will ever be replaced soon. 🤔 Maybe a change in regime?

Or a change in KOTS regime to get closer to KOTN regime?

Time will tell  🤷‍♀️

Trump seems to sympathize a lot with Russia, and often flirts with it, let’s see what happens if he wins.

I did some research for myself on Daniel 11:44, 45 - particularly vs 44. I just wanted to understand some of the reasoning of how the FDS came to the latest published understanding, the understanding that the “report” disturbing the KOTN could refer to our judgement message. See below. As usual Jehovah doesn’t disappoint. 

IMG_0004.png

IMG_0005.jpeg

Edited by MChill14

The restless sea of humanity again. 🌊 Whether Trump wins or loses, both sides will say democracy has died; another typical election season in America. 

For those unaware, Maricopa County is one of the contested areas where voters claim the results were fraudulent, thus depriving Trump of the Presidency.

Arizona residents drive entire Maricopa County Board of Supervisors out of meeting after serving them for TREASON

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-03-01-arizona-residents-maricopa-county-supervisors-treason-election.html

Edited by LeolaRootStew