JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Revelation says Governments will loot and plunder BTG looking for all riches available 

True

In the end none of those riches will do any good because in the end Armagedom will sweap them all with the broom of annihilation (Bro Letts expression 😂)

Riches won’t buy them salvation

Many things will be short during GT and they won’t even exist anymore to be bought

During the pandemic many things stoped being produced even medicin that doesn’t exist anymore 

I believe during GT this will be worse

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Why?

What will they do with it?

What does this have to do with all of the non-Christian religions?

What about the millions of people that will die during the chaos when religion is banned? Is the Vatican's gold worth that much blood?

because in one hour such great riches have been devastated! Revelation 18:17

9 hours ago, Ezequiel said:

This is just a thought, what will lead nations to make a call for peace? Could it be an escalation where a nuclear bomb is released? Will the world situation be at the point of a war between most countries?

The call for peace will have to be something never seen before, the book of Revelation 16 talks about expressions inspired by demons who perform signs,

¿Could it be that this call for peace comes accompanied by demonic miracles?

(I remember that Brother Schafer related 1 Thessalonians 5:3 with Revelation 16:13)

But immediately things will take a 180 degree turn when the UN with the authorization of the kings of the earth will completely put an end to all false religions, it will not be something smooth but rather they will "hate the harlot" and eat her flesh and not content will burn it completely with fire. It will be something terrifying...

I'm really looking forward to that happening soon.

it's not a call for peace, it's a cry of peace - as in, they will claim that peace exists.

It seems plausible that the current conflicts will escalate further and maybe there will be a ceasefire or one side wins the war and peace is declared. We'll have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Why?

What will they do with it?

What does this have to do with all of the non-Christian religions?

What about the millions of people that will die during the chaos when religion is banned? Is the Vatican's gold worth that much blood?

most countries are in debt. they might claim it's some kind of reparations for all the damage religion has done.

46 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

because in one hour such great riches have been devastated! Revelation 18:17

That is part of her destruction, not the cause of it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

most countries are in debt. they might claim it's some kind of reparations for all the damage religion has done.

True, I could see that in some countries but not all around the world, and the damage to the population by banning religion seems to outweigh the damage that religion has already done. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

That is part of her destruction, not the cause of it.

Some things may happen before Babylon is completely destroyed, When the world scenario points to an economic downturn, it is interesting to pay attention to what comes next  

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

True, I could see that in some countries but not all around the world, and the damage to the population by banning religion seems to outweigh the damage that religion has already done. 

ok, new theory:

Maybe in an effort to bring about peace all countries will agree to end religion as a condition of an agreement: since Russia and the US are forerunners of the two big financial systems (BRICS and Swift), they could demand ending religion as a condition to participate in their monetary systems (mark of the beast). The new "religion" is statism/nationalism with the hope that by having one unified belief they will achieve greater stability and peace. Once the destruction is complete and the wealth pillaged they will mourn its loss, realizing how much money it made them.

Edited by LeolaRootStew

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

ok, new theory:

Maybe in an effort to bring about peace all countries will agree to end religion as a condition of an agreement: since Russia and the US are forerunners of the two big financial systems (BRICS and Swift), they could demand ending religion as a condition to participate in their monetary systems (mark of the beast). The new "religion" is statism/nationalism with the hope that by having one unified belief they will achieve greater stability and peace. Once the destruction is complete and the wealth pillaged they will mourn its loss, realizing how much money it made them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a world without religion called Communism?

The world governments will give authority to the United Nations to make the whole world Communistic for the money?

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, LeolaRootStew said:

ok, new theory:

(Revelation 17:16, 17) . . .And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 

The scripture says they will destroy the harlot because they hate her. It doesn't say anything about destroying her for the money. According to Rev 18, the kings weep in grief but it's the merchants that cry about the money, not the kings of the earth. I just can't see BtG finances being the catalyst for her destruction. 

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Some things may happen before Babylon is completely destroyed, When the world scenario points to an economic downturn, it is interesting to pay attention to what comes next  

*** w19 October p. 15 par. 4 Stay Faithful Through the “Great Tribulation” ***
We do not know what reasons the nations might give to justify their attack on Babylon the Great. They might say that the world’s religions are an obstacle to peace and that they constantly meddle in politics. Or they might say that those religious organizations have accumulated too much wealth and property. 

We just have to wait and see!

Communism is a type of Government which the goal is the creation of a communist society, a socioeconomic order centered around common ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange that allocates products to everyone in the society based on need. 

A communist society would entail the absence of private property and social classes, and ultimately money and the state (or nation state). 

Communism encompasses a variety of schools of thought, which broadly include Marxism, Leninism, and libertarian communism, as well as the political ideologies grouped around those. 

Marx and Lenin were the prosecutors of religions in their times. Because they believe religions had obtructed the communist goals.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Here in Brazil, many are upset because there was a major flood

Wait a Minute! Your in Brazil? All these years..( well ive only been on maybe 2 years but I like  exaggerating) I thought you were a European. Blasted , now Im gonna have to revamp my imagination of you. My phone doesn't tell location or names of brothers and sisters so sometimes I am off. I know this is off topic. I dont care, I don't derail often so give me a  " one". Well , now that I know you're Brazilian. I will play this in my mind during your comments...

WE are sorry forn this interruption of regularly scheduled programming. Now back to Peace and Security -

Edited by Tsheppar

4 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

it's not a call for peace, it's a cry of peace - as in, they will claim that peace exists.

It seems plausible that the current conflicts will escalate further and maybe there will be a ceasefire or one side wins the war and peace is declared. We'll have to wait and see.

Exactly!

Jeremiah 8:11

And they try to heal the breakdown of the daughter of my people lightly, saying, “There is peace! There is peace!” When there is no peace.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Posted (edited)

On a more serious note more in line with the thread, I feel we have seen so many changes in our understandings ,that an update with regards to Babylon the Great and all its relationships to world events would be wonderful. 

Our Revelation book was written in 1988. And in that era what would have been deemed  science fiction.....is now a reality.

So I wonder where Revelation as well as Daniels  prophecy falls in line with modern advancements. 

With the advent of Global Internet, all of humanity  carrying phones at all times , and Artificial Intelligence that can write essays and make fake pictures and sound etc that seem real as can be. Gps and accurate Global positioning to all of earth inhabitants via the phones they carry at all times. 

Where is that in Bible prophecy ? 

Many things that would seem symbolic are now an actual reality. 

Look forward to clarification sometime 

Edited by Tsheppar

12 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

Look forward to clarification sometime 

Looking ahead to more clarification... Some were symbolic now are actual. Like this one need further clarification... 

... on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 

I think this may help why UN may hate Religions.. 

https://c-fam.org/friday_fax/un-attempts-to-impose-lgbt-orthodoxy-on-all-religions/

NEW YORK, June 23 (C-Fam) Religious freedom ends where LGBT rights begin. This is the conclusion of a new UN report on the right to freedom of religion and belief.

The report calls on governments to threaten and punish religious leaders and organizations that do not comply with LGBT orthodoxy, and, in a novel and unprecedented way, it calls on government to destabilize religions from within by supporting pro-LGBT factions within religious denominations.. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

My opinion.....  Supposedly, the richest religions in the world, like the Vatican, have stored their wealth in investments in gold, yes, gold bars. Banks can fail, money can disappear, digital currencies can vanish, but hidden gold does not. I believe governments will go after that gold. They may think they will never be affected, that they will be safe.

I doubt that. if money can disappear, so can gold.  In the current economic system, the value of money is based on the belief that it actually has value.  The treasures of the Vatican are therefore not needed for economic reasons, central Banks can just print more money,  and they wouldn't even be enough.

Indeed it is something else. It may be political. It might have something to do with socalled human rights. No doubt  someone will crave the gold of the Vatican, but i highly suspect those alone are not the reason for banning the whole religion.

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think we should put too much emphasis on guessing what will cause world powers to attack and destroy BtG. We have this answer already. Bible tells us clearly that it is Jehovah who will cause them to come to this conclusion and execute it. He can make anything happen and he will make it happen when that time comes. Yes, they hate BtG for a number of reasons. But if he would not cause it, it would not happen. So why searching for possible causes that we could guess from the current situation?

Edited by Osprey

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Revelation says Governments will loot and plunder BTG looking for all riches available 

… but the reason that leads to destruction is because they wil hate it because it’s Jehovah who makes them feel that

lootig is the consequence not the cause 

I should have written this

thank you all ! Great comments here 🙏🤗🥰

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Looking ahead to more clarification... Some were symbolic now are actual. Like this one need further clarification... 

... on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 

It's quite clear already in our litterature

3 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

Wait a Minute! Your in Brazil? All these years..( well ive only been on maybe 2 years but I like  exaggerating) I thought you were a European. Blasted , now Im gonna have to revamp my imagination of you. My phone doesn't tell location or names of brothers and sisters so sometimes I am off. I know this is off topic. I dont care, I don't derail often so give me a  " one". Well , now that I know you're Brazilian. I will play this in my mind during your comments...

WE are sorry forn this interruption of regularly scheduled programming. Now back to Peace and Security -

Her name was LOLA

As we try to look in the past how Jehovah fullfilled two Jerusalem destructions and plus the others. He normally used the consequence of differences or political conflicts that would lead to fulfilling His execution. Scriptures always says... Jehovah's word through prophet.... has been fullfilled. We know that Jerusalem destruction was brought by Roman due to Jews resistance because of political and social issues that led to Roman retaliation. In the end... Jehovah's word has been fullfilled.