JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Sorry....I was reminded about what we have been told:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018364

That being the case, I cannot in good conscious post it.  But if you were to happen to download that video (before it disappears), I can try to explain how to cut it.  Private message though, we don't want to go off topic here...  :whistling:

Oh sorry. Breakdown in communication. I thought you would PM it to us individually.

I will PM you and see ifyou can teach me a new techno skill. 😁

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

11 hours ago, cme said:

My husband had a hard time with that statement "there's nothing left that we are waiting for to be fulfilled before the GT".  I was trying to explain to him that we are only waiting for the Cry of Peace.  

He doesn't get it.

Then the king of the North was identified in 2018.

This is a very interesting long article

we are keeping on the watch:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/31/politics/antisemitism-unstable-world-analysis/index.html

Recent antisemitism is also a reflection of destructive forces tearing at American and western European societies, where stability and democracy are already under pressure

the feet of the statue

In the United States there is a climate of growing fear

FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Tuesday that antisemitism is reaching “historic levels” in the US.

“our statistics would indicate that for a group that represents only about 2.4% of the American public, they account for something like 60% of all religious-based hate crimes,” Wray said of the Jewish American community in a Senate hearing.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The first war was permitted, the second was also permitted, if there is to be a third war Jehovah will decide whether to allow it or not, we know that Jehovah will not allow his people to be exterminated, and that the third war will be that of God and Jesus , against the world of satan , let it be Armageddon

6 hours ago, mjcabz said:

Do Jehovah allow WWIII to happen? 

We don't know but I thought this quote from Einstein is insightful: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." 

Then further this 1955 article says this:

*** w55 10/15 p. 638 Questions From Readers ***

On this point the book “New Heavens and a New Earth” says: “The inspired expressions from Satan the Dragon and through his visible organizations, the wild beast and the false prophet, are unclean in God’s sight like slimy frogs. With big mouths they croak swelling words of peace and security. They produce signs such as the League of Nations and the United Nations and regional treaty organizations and ideological blocks. But where they really are leading the ‘kings’ (the rulers) of the entire inhabited earth is to the greatest war of all times, not a mere World War III with hydrogen bombs, but a universal war involving heaven and earth, the invisible and the visible. It is ‘the war of the great day of God the Almighty’! This will spell mournful defeat and disaster for Christendom and the rest of the demon-worshiping world.”

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1955769&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=5

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

The first war was permitted, the second was also permitted, if there is to be a third war Jehovah will decide whether to allow it or not, we know that Jehovah will not allow his people to be exterminated, and that the third war will be that of God and Jesus , against the world of satan , let it be Armageddon

Sometimes I wonder if Daniel prophecy does also aply to our days: Dan. 9:26b "And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations."

It was fullfilled in 70 EC. But Jesus said: Mat.24:15,16 "Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place+ (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.

The thing that bogles me is where the P&S announcent comes in the middle of this mess. We just have to wait and see.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

This is a very interesting long article

we are keeping on the watch:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/31/politics/antisemitism-unstable-world-analysis/index.html

Recent antisemitism is also a reflection of destructive forces tearing at American and western European societies, where stability and democracy are already under pressure

the feet of the statue

In the United States there is a climate of growing fear

FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Tuesday that antisemitism is reaching “historic levels” in the US.

“our statistics would indicate that for a group that represents only about 2.4% of the American public, they account for something like 60% of all religious-based hate crimes,” Wray said of the Jewish American community in a Senate hearing.

Jehovah has foretold that if they disobey. They will be hated by nations. 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Sometimes I wonder if Daniel prophecy does also aply to our days: Dan. 9:26b "And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations."

It was fullfilled in 70 EC. But Jesus said: Mat.24:15,16 "Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place+ (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.

The thing that bogles me is where the P&S announcent comes in the middle of this mess. We just have to wait and see.

They are like pieces of a puzzle, at any moment everything will make sense, It's really intriguing 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

The thing that bogles me is where the P&S announcent comes in the middle of this mess.

My thoughts ⚠

It is possible that we may learn that it is actually a demand for peace and security...that people will beg the governments to "do something!" because of the lack of peace.  And then governments will say "OK!  Sure thing!  Here's how we will achieve peace....remove religion!"

The word "saying" is vague.  It is possible it could be interpreted that way.  But again, that is just ⚠️my⚠️ thoughts on how it might go down.  Until we see, we need to stick close to what the FDS has as the official interpretation... 😉

I like thinking of it that way because then it really can happen at any moment.  Even without any inkling of peace whatsoever.  :whistling:

Good reminder of the explanation of the verse in Thessalonians. 
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb-086_9_VIDEO

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

More of the signs are showing. Widespread hail and torrential rain....in Saudi Arabia of all places! 

https://www.harpersbazaararabia.com/hbanews/rain-in-saudi-arabia

Also devastating flooding in Tuscany 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/three-people-dead-several-missing-after-heavy-rains-flooding-tuscany-2023-11-03/

We MUST be so very close!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, computerwiz said:

My thoughts ⚠

It is possible that we may learn that it is actually a demand for peace and security...that people will beg the governments to "do something!" because of the lack of peace.  And then governments will say "OK!  Sure thing!  Here's how we will achieve peace....remove religion!"

The word "saying" is vague.  It is possible it could be interpreted that way.  But again, that is just ⚠️my⚠️ thoughts on how it might go down.  Until we see, we need to stick close to what the FDS has as the official interpretation... 😉

I like thinking of it that way because then it really can happen at any moment.  Even without any inkling of peace whatsoever.  :whistling:

I wonder if the governments will point to a global “solution” as the path to peace and security instead of saying we now have achieved peace and security. It’s hard for me to imagine peace being achieved when the Bible says “wicked men and imposters will advance from bad to worse.” - 2 Timothy 3:13 

Hopefully, we’ll get some new information on it.

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, *Jack* said:

I wonder if the governments will point to a global “solution” as the path to peace and security instead of saying we now have achieved peace and security. It’s hard for me to imagine peace being achieved when the Bible says “wicked men and imposters will advance from bad to worse.” - 2 Timothy 3:13 

Hopefully, we’ll get some new information on it.

well,

considering how totalitarian leaders constantly redefine words (woman, fetus, domestic terrorist, hate speach, recession, truth etc etc),

a new definition of "peace" and "security" should not surprise us..

22 hours ago, Sofia said:

The book of Daniel is very clear that both kings will be hard against each other at the end, with the final push by the kots and reaction by the kotn.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

23 hours ago, Sofia said:

Recent antisemitism

It is interesting that while the Palestinians are a Semitic people the Israeleans are not.

Palestinian is an ethnological classification based on their ancestry, being a Semitic one.

Israelean is a political classification based in the country name, and Jew is a religious classification based in their religion.

On the foundation of Israel, about 30% of the population was Jew, with only 40% of those being born in Palestine.

There is a blur line, the reasons not to be discussed here, between the political government of Israel and the religion (Judaism) of Israel, making antisemitism a big umbrella for anything and everything.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)