JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

15 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

the latest information on intensifying our efforts in the preaching work means we're very close? (the theme of the assemblies next year

Yes, we are being prepare for a big change, we will change the way we preach and the message which will be more direct. In the end, the goals are the same: to help as many as possible to be able to survive. But we must survive as well. These are skills for us to be able to keep helping others during GT. Its best for us to be able to do it without being confined... even though confined JW are still very well succeed in preaching work.

We will probably preach during GT in similar ways that those in banned JW countries. With caution, to close friends and family.

Yes, I dont question that GT is very close, may be months - few years away.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Don’t you also feel that with the latest information on intensifying our efforts in the preaching work means we're very close? (the theme of the assemblies next year, refinements in pioneering hours, refinements in how publishers don’t count time, the new publications, the Annual meeting talks - the ones we'll hear in Jan). These all fulfil Matt 24:14, we'll be preaching til the end.

But also this scripture in Luke 13:6-9, where Jesus was discussing the unproductive fig tree, and how it was given one more year of intense effort of digging and manure to produce fruit - then it was destroyed.

The cross ref is 2 Pet 3:9. Jehovah is not slow. He will deliver on his promise. But with the work suddenly intensifying (along with the other obvious signs), we can see we are definitely on the precipice of that wonderful new world.  Jehovah, being merciful is wanting all righteously disposed to repent. Now or never!

I agree! 

Our C.O was saying that with the way the chariot is moving (fast), things must be close! He said that now is not the time to slow down. 

Exciting times ahead! 

2 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Don’t you also feel that with the latest information on intensifying our efforts in the preaching work means we're very close? (the theme of the assemblies next year, refinements in pioneering hours, refinements in how publishers don’t count time, the new publications, the Annual meeting talks - the ones we'll hear in Jan). These all fulfil Matt 24:14, we'll be preaching til the end.

But also this scripture in Luke 13:6-9, where Jesus was discussing the unproductive fig tree, and how it was given one more year of intense effort of digging and manure to produce fruit - then it was destroyed.

The cross ref is 2 Pet 3:9. Jehovah is not slow. He will deliver on his promise. But with the work suddenly intensifying (along with the other obvious signs), we can see we are definitely on the precipice of that wonderful new world.  Jehovah, being merciful is wanting all righteously disposed to repent. Now or never!

That's true sister I already did my research and found that we are so close. Preaching work is changed for the next phase of pronouncement though not in the topic of the last annual meeting. But book of revelation and old publication did so. Keeping our personal study, intense ministry and prayer will help us to keep us alive and informed. Jehovah God is a God of mercy and He shows even in details the things we watch as long as we keep begging on Him. So, we must keep on the watch and zealous, Jehovah will fortify us what we need. 

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

“The End”—What Does It Mean?

The Bible clearly explains what “the end” is and what it is not

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20150501/what-does-the-end-mean/

Interesting... the cover usually changes on Thursdays... Thanks Daniel! Sempre atento :) 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Moscow has said it may be interested in entering peace negotiations on Ukraine so long as they are “productive”, a spokesman for the Kremlin has said.

https://brusselssignal.eu/2023/11/kremlin-open-to-productive-peace-talks-amid-signs-ukraine-support-faltering/

https://news.yahoo.com/scholz-negotiations-putin-possible-russia-001417541.html

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Moscow has said it may be interested in entering peace negotiations on Ukraine so long as they are “productive”, a spokesman for the Kremlin has said.

https://brusselssignal.eu/2023/11/kremlin-open-to-productive-peace-talks-amid-signs-ukraine-support-faltering/

https://news.yahoo.com/scholz-negotiations-putin-possible-russia-001417541.html

I looked at the article and basically Russia's idea of "peace negotiations" is - give us what we already have, stopped fighting and we'll see what else we can get after that. That doesn't sound likely to happen soon.

Scholz says Western leaders would be interested in a negotiated peace agreement if Russia pulls its troops out of Ukraine.

This is a condition Russia has repeatedly refused since its 2022 invasion.

Peskov appears to suggest the West will relax the precondition, however.

He expects Western powers’ position of Western powers “may change with time”, he says.

This is likely a veiled reference to reports insiders suggest Kyiv’s allies are privately keen to see a settlement, as they face growing conflicts in Africa and the Middle East.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

23 hours ago, Ysaias said:

We can assume they all are playing their part in the scene (1 Cor 7:31).

It's quite interesting that, after listing the 7 main kings, which last is Angloamerican, and the 8th (UN), the Bible tells of "ten kings who have not yer received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour" will give the beast their power.

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not,+ it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction. 12 “The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. 13 These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. 14 These will battle with the Lamb,+ but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings,+ the Lamb will conquer them.+ Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.”+

As RE explains, "in the first century, the ‘ten horns had not yet received a kingdom.’ But now in the Lord’s day, they have “a kingdom,” or political authority. With the collapse of the great colonial empires, particularly since the second world war, many new nations have been born. These, as well as the longer-established powers, must rule with the wild beast for a short period—just “one hour”—before Jehovah brings an end to all worldly political authority at Armageddon."

So, all nations --including nations with no vote at UNSC-- will be main actors for "one hour." To do what? The ten horns on the scarlet-colored wild beast are said to represent ten kings who are to receive authority as kings “one hour” with the wild beast. (Re 17:12) Of Babylon the Great, it is said: “In one hour your judgment has arrived!” (Re 18:10)

And then, kaput! God ends end all.

Thanks bro. Next year there will be a revamp from security council members with veto power where the US wants to make it 10 or 11 in favor of west ally and wants to offset the Russian and China veto power. This scenario make me think how the prophecy will fulfill. 

23 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

Do you think we are super, super close to the Great Tribulation? I mean life right now is so, so hard. Who else is finding life really hard?

Grace

Welcome to the forum.  In our congregation, you hear the older friend trading notes on not only their doctors, but also trading notes on their therapists and psychiatrists, and trading advice on how to deal with their child's anxiety.   Mine included.  Many ones say they're struggling like never before, but it increases our reliance on Jehovah.  I think Jehovah knows we can't take much more of this.

Edited by coolbrz731

35 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

Do you think we are super, super close to the Great Tribulation? I mean life right now is so, so hard. Who else is finding life really hard?

Grace

No matter if is hard or not, live your life with Jehovah. He is with you my sis.

54 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

Grace

Hello Grace and welcome to the forum. 👋 It is nice to meet you. 😊

Yes, life is certainly getting tougher. The GT is one of many topics you'll find being discussed on here about living in these last, difficult days, but you will  also find lots of encouragement to build up your spirituality to stay strong and endure. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

6 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

I am scared. I am afraid that life is to hard before the Great Tribulation. I feel like and think how am I going to get through the Great Tribulation if I feel like life is so hard now?

Grace, I have sent you a PM. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Grace Howard said:

I am scared. I am afraid that life is to hard before the Great Tribulation. I feel like and think how am I going to get through the Great Tribulation if I feel like life is so hard now?

Welcome to the forum Grace! 

We are living in critical times, that's true. But Jehovah doesn't want us to be scared, nor do we have to cope alone, he's made sure of that by providing a wonderful organisation during the last days.

It's only natural to feel apprehensive, but we really don't need to worry, in fact the GB has said we don't need to be afraid.

when the time comes, do what you do now, stick close to the congregation, follow the directions we're given, and have faith. If we all do that , we will get through. We can make it into the new world despite our fears. 

31 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

I really need support right now. I'm scared. I really want to make it through the GT but I feel as if life is so tough.

Grace

Remember: you've made it this far.

Reflect on how you've already endured and what helped you to do so. 

Reflect on how Jehovah strengthens you or answers your prayers. Some people keep a prayer journal for this reason.

Remember to strengthen your spiritual foundation: prayer, daily Bible reading, meetings, preaching, personal study, meditation, associations, etc. All of these are part of our spiritual armor. Maintain it.

I recommend rewatching the Hezekiah movie and meditating on the emotions they surely felt and how it relates to your life. Seeing the Assyrian army outside their walls would have been terrifying! It seemed impossible to escape, but Jehovah made it happen! What was the key to their success? Preparing as much as possible (we can do this by taking in spiritual food), communicating with God's representatives about their concerns (we can read God's Word, pray, and go to the elders), and leaving the rest on Jehovah's hands. In the end they did not even have to fight, and neither will we. 

The new African drama, Commit Your Way to Jehovah, also has themes of stress and practical preparation for times of trial. Meditate and apply.

You are not alone. Draw close to the congregation and PRAY. We love you, dear Sister. 💜 

1 hour ago, Grace Howard said:

I really need support right now. I'm scared. I really want to make it through the GT but I feel as if life is so tough.

Grace

2024 year text is Psalms 56:3 (When I am afraid. I put my trust in you.)

Very fitting text as many are feeling this way these days.

This article here is a great read, talking about conquering your fear by trusting in Jehovah.

2 hours ago, Grace Howard said:

Grace

Isa 66:2

“My own hand has made all these things, And this is how they all came to be,” declares Jehovah.  “To this one, then, I will look, To the one humble and broken in spirit who trembles at my word.”

Thanks everyone for your support. I just had to check that I was not alone. My witness friend says that most are really struggling to the point they are walking around in a daze as to what to do. And things are getting tougher really quickly. Has anyone also noticed that?

Edited by Grace Howard

4 hours ago, Grace Howard said:

Grace

Jehovah knows that and He knows you.

And for you to know that, He gave the year text for 2024 to support you.

When you are scared, put your trust in Jehovah.

The harder it gets the help you will get from him.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

We just need to continue what we already do, be with our brothers, preach to people, attend meetings, raise our heads without fear, remember much more is with us, Jehovah, Jesus, the angels, the worldwide brotherhood of brothers, the our deliverance is coming!  The great tribulation is not for Jehovah's people, as a group we will be protected by Jehovah.