JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

48 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Nous sommes déjà en décembre 2023, la fin de l'année me provoque beaucoup d'anxiété, est-ce que quelqu'un d'autre vit ça ? Ceci est tellement mauvais.

Not really anxiety, @Dhanyel, but rather the desire for it to pass very quickly. This festive month where, hypocritically, everything flashes around us except true love and peace, it's tiring, we must admit. However, we must say that there are people who are very sincere in their desire to make December a joyful, peaceful month filled with kindness. The reality is different, we know it we live it, but the intention is there. We're looking for these people. For our part, happy are we to be sheltered from all this agitation and between us, with Jehovah and his family whom we love, it helps a lot.🥰

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

We are already in December 2023, the end of the year causes me a lot of anxiety, does anyone else go through this?  This is so bad.  . 

I'm more like : we are finishing the last year in this old world :D next year, let's go

52 minutes ago, Richie said:

I am hoping that will be an exciting next year for Jehovah's people. 

In some countries it may be exciting for the wrong reasons as they get "Surrounded by chaos"

da6f0bd6-46ae-4e10-bb82-0520c56202f1.jpe

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

29 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Im worried to lose my job in these uncertain times. 

Good thing we have prayer. 

I lost my job in 2020 during Covid but Jehovah always sustains us even until now.. Since then I receive a lot of spiritual blessings, I with my family can spend more time and energy for Him. This test of time, Jehovah shows His power on behalf of His people. Still pleading Jehovah for His continued support. 

38 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

When we have a hard times while waiting of the end of this system of things, let's  remember our 2024 year text - "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you" (Psalm 56:3)

with that yeartext, seems that things will get harder. 

38 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

Based on the report below. This war was manufactured. If true massive blood guilt. Psalm 55:23

https://web.archive.org/web/20231201003050/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html/

So the price of complacency and negligence (with a pinch of arrogance) of the Israeli government is about 1200 innocent Israeli lives plus 13000+ innocent Palestinian lives. 

Edited by Kwabena

11 minutes ago, Paulo said:

They call it 'give Gaza an haircut'

Some people talk about the war like it's some sort of a football match.

"Do you support Israel?"

"Do you support Palestine?"

"The Israelis should give em hell"

"All the Jews has to be annihilated"

They say all this in the comfort of their homes.

This verse is truer than ever:

12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.

Matthew 24:12 

1 hour ago, Landon1285 said:

Based on the report below. This war was manufactured. If true massive blood guilt. Psalm 55:23

https://web.archive.org/web/20231201003050/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-attack-intelligence.html/

The price paid for not paying attention to warnings is very high.

Israelites have been doing so for centuries any way ...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

We are already in December 2023, the end of the year causes me a lot of anxiety, does anyone else go through this?  This is so bad.  . 

For many years the moderators on this site have done an excellent job of calming anxiety by reminding everyone to have a realistic view of the times we are in. They remind everyone how close we are to Jehovah's Day and what Jehovah has told us to do to be ready for it. We need to focus on the positive things of the future and not the negative things that are happening now.

I suggest that you stop saying Great Tribulation and Armageddon and say Jehovah's Day instead. Focus on the positive things that Jehovah's Day will bring and stop focusing on what is going on in the world. We are to keep on the watch, that does not mean that we should be so concerned with the details of what is happening in the world that we let it cause us anxiety. Keep on the watch means that we understand what the world events means so we don't get distracted by the storm around us.

If world events are causing you anxiety, then work on keeping on the watch and understanding that those events are good news that Jehovah's Day is close.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

with that yeartext, seems that things will get harder. 

That yeartext and this weeks mid-week meeting part "Be Content with the Present Things".   The experience of Miguel Novoa.   I was thinking about the reason the slave wanted this for the meeting.   Does the slave expect serious financial hardships next year (2024)?    Even before the GT?

Not reporting time anymore, for us publishers. I remember many years ago when it was stated, “The good news has been preached throughout the earth.”. It was from an assembly or convention. 
I’m wondering if this lack of need to report our hours really means, “The good news has been preached, throughout the earth. 
If so, take a good look at Matthew 24:14. 
Just me and my rambling, but for me, a lot of things we have looked forward to in the future, just got real. 
Wonderfully real.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We are now in the, “Time of restoration of all things”. To me, that sounds way more positive then the, “end of the system”, and all of the details, which we really try hard to get into order. 
I can’t wait to go intoʼmy, “inner room”. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 hour ago, Kwabena said:

Some people talk about the war like it's some sort of a football match.

When I said them I was referring to the government and intelligence services, not ordinary people.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

51 minutes ago, Doug said:

That yeartext and this weeks mid-week meeting part "Be Content with the Present Things".   The experience of Miguel Novoa.   I was thinking about the reason the slave wanted this for the meeting.   Does the slave expect serious financial hardships next year (2024)?    Even before the GT?

there’s a worldwide inflation and that is under everyone’s eyes

2 hours ago, Doug said:

The experience of Miguel Novoa. 

I went through what Bro Novoa and his family went through 44 years ago except I had 3 children and 1 on the way, I lost a decent paying job plus benefits after 12 years, I took a job making half of my fromer pay, we always got by with what we needed and never gave up on Jehovah or going to meetings.  I have many more incidences that I could tell throught my years of employment/unemployment but retired now for 12 years and we still have all of our needs. :praying:

2 hours ago, johnnyjw01 said:

there’s a worldwide inflation and that is under everyone’s eyes

In the news today:   "America is in serious trouble financially because of the debt load.  In September, the U.S. national debt topped 33 Trillion for the first time ever, crossing a critical milestone.  All you need to do is look at history.  Every time they printed money, the empire went down".

And we know the KotS will still be the the world power according to Bible prophesy.  So, this just illustrates how close we are to the end.