JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

MBTI suddenly getting so popular among young people in Korea

Even among JWs.. especially young sisters.

I told them the test is unscientific and it's not good to try to judge people based on that

but often the MBTI results are shockingly similar to people's real personalities and found it hard to talk them out of it.

Even my test result (INTP) is similar to my real personality. 

(By the way, I don't like it that I'm INTP, I want to be ENTJ or ENFJ) 

But once I get framed in it, it's kind of hard to get out of it, or get people out of it when they think about me. 

The test itself was designed and developed a long time so that people can develop traits that they lack of..

Any such trend in your country??  

Personally I don't like it.. though it's a lot of fun. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

It has been many years ago tested as INTP type - yes, I am introverted - and it oftentimes got on my nerves.

because, I came from a family of very outspoken, loud, up front and personal - in your face type of people...UGH :nope:

Although an introvert - I am not shy or timid, just quiet, I love to observe others -  my hubby would say you are about as timid as a viper -  :secret:

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

What in the world are you talking about?  All those acronyms mean nothing.  IDK WOE YTA. :D

MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) is a way to categorise a person’s personalitiy into sixteen different category. It wasn’t even made by someone who had proper education on human psychology, yet on the internet, many people find that the MBTI categories describes their personalities quite well, so much that they use it to find what kind of people has which MBTI personalities, and deduce their behaviors. I won’t deny that my MBTI personality does indeed describe mine very well.

Mine is ISFJ, by the way. Which, if you ask me, is the best one in the world.

12 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

But once I get framed in it, it's kind of hard to get out of it, or get people out of it when they think about me. 

The same thing happens with people that believe in the Zodiac signs. Once someone that believes in astrology classifies your personality by the time you were born, everything you do fits into their preconceived idea of who you are. It must be a human weakness to classify and sub-divide people by their age, culture, birthdate or personality traits. The Bible tells us to strip off the old personality and put on a new personality, so don't let anyone frame you into the personality they think you are, Jehovah believes you can change your personality.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

MBTI are more temperament tests than personality tests. Think of it as temperament is more hardwired, whereas personality is more fluid and changeable. Good descriptors here:  http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-temperament-and-personality/

Personally, I found it extremely beneficial to learn my type and understand my tendencies based on it- the results explained a lot. It's quite accurate and while it's one of the more boring, pedantic types (ISTJ-A), it *is* me. 😒 I work on my Christian personality to try to mitigate what my tendencies are.

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I got this, because there were no questions about donuts, I concluded final result as flawed.  🤣

Does ENFP-T stands for ...imperfect? :lol1:

ENFP-A / ENFP-T 

I got the same as you.  It is freaky how close it comes to some situations, and explains some things.  I would play these racing games with other players and make sure that I am displaying the fruits of the spirit.  Every time, I'd end up in a leardership position in the crew/squad I was in, even thought I'd straight up say I wasn't interested.  Then, like it said, honeymoon's over.  It's not fun anymore.  And even though they know I'm a JW(awesome witness opportunities there, and they really would watch their language and scold other people), some of their "worldly ways" started getting really grating, and, I'd just stop playing.  Which is what that description said I'd do.

If you know how to work these tests out, you can get some pretty interesting answers.

In doing that MBTI which I did once before, I ended up as a INFJ-A which is the rarest type of all.

image.thumb.png.8bc5e6b5f15c810823b7d1f47424e868.png

I fall into same category as Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Morgan Freeman, Nicole Kidman, Mother Teresa and Lady Gaga??  😵

I am weird, I think every time I took it, it gives me INFJ which is the rarest personality type.

But when I researched it I felt like more like an ISFJ the most prominent Type. But it seems to describe me better than INFJ. I would actually get stressed out AM I An INFJ or an ISFJ so similar 😂 

I’ve come out with some variations based on when the test was taken. I’m always IN but once I got F or P added to the mix. You can ride the line between the variations if you tend to be more balanced in certain areas. For instance you can be right on the line between E and I if you hover around the balance line.
I identify as a female INTJ. But I don’t take the test as gospel. It’s a generality. 
And yes your tendencies and personality can change over time. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

AMTTLOP (Add Me To The List Of People) who tested INTP. I was strong I, middling N, borderline TP. It has been about 20 years since I've taken it and dived into the types though. It has been useful knowing and caring for the inner introvert, realizing I need rest and recovery after turning on the extroversion. I can do it, my wife calls me the most extroverted introvert she knows, but I definitely need rest after training people at work and sometimes after talks or other meeting parts.

Many years ago, the clinic I worked for, did this testing on all of us. I can’t remember what I was, but there was a medical receptionist that really got on my nerves. And, I had to work with her regularly. Really got on my nerves. 

Well, after that testing, there were only two people in the clinic that fit in this category. She and me. 
It was sort of hysterical. I was a tiny bit embarrassed. In a funny way.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 weeks later...

I´m not sure what to think about this. To be honest, I had never heard about it before I read this thread.

First it sounded interesting to me, but the longer I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that it´s nothing for me (of course, everyone has to decide that by themselves...it certainly seems to be a fun way to pass the time). I don´t think I need such a test to know my personality. I know what kind of person I am. (If it has to be such an acronym, well, I think I am a EEIK = extroverted emotional intuitive kookoo :lol2:). And even if there´s something about me I don´t judge correctly, I´m pretty sure a good friend will sooner or later point it out. Eventually my best friend Jehovah will show me if there´s something I need to change about my personality.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

What in the world are you talking about?  All those acronyms mean nothing.  IDK WOE YTA. :D

THANKS SO MUCH, Ross, you have spoken from my heart :D

Chrissy :wave:

Seems to me I came across something about these types of things

GIF by Achievement Hunter

what was is it

Think Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

Oh - now I remember

I Got It Party GIF by Red Fang

To the making of many [tests] there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh

Ecclesiastes 12:12

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...

Another article confirming your observation:

MBTI: How South Koreans fell in love with an American World War II era personality test - CNN

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)

It's as if Seoul is infatuated. Stroll through the South Korean capital and amid the sea of traditional Hangul characters it's hard not to notice the same four letters of the Latin alphabet cropping up again and again: MBTI.

Those four letters are emblazoned on ads, peppered into daily conversation, featured in computer games and even on Spotify playlists. Stop by a cafe and you may hear couples on their first date discussing them; visit a fortune-teller and they may be invoked as portents of your future; open a dating app and about a third of profiles will include them.

The MBTI is a personality test...

[read more below]

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/22/asia/south-korea-mbti-personality-test-dating-briggs-myers-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

Old (Downunder) Tone

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

• 4 weeks later...