JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW's buy 236,000 sq ft office building set on 20 acres in Long Island NY

As being reported by Long Island Business News:

Church buys GEICO Woodbury property for $27M 

After a previous sale fell through, GEICO has sold its sprawling Woodbury property for $27 million.

The buyer for the 236,365-square-foot office building on 20 acres at 750 Woodbury Road is the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

It is unclear what the religious organization has planned for the property and church officials were unable to be reached for comment.

https://libn.com/2023/01/09/church-buys-geico-woodbury-property-for-27m/

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/LohWqBbTesB7QJQF7

Any idea what it may be used for?

20 minutes ago, Parale said:

It's about 27 miles from the nearest Assembly/Convention site so I wonder, is 236,000 square feet too big for an Assembly Hall?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It's about 27 miles from the nearest Assembly/Convention site so I wonder, is 236,000 square feet too big for an Assembly Hall?

27 miles doesn’t seem like a very big distance between Assembly Halls. Interesting that the land was bought with a property on it already. Since it is office space, makes me think it could be a branch project of some kind. 

46 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

27 miles doesn’t seem like a very big distance between Assembly Halls. Interesting that the land was bought with a property on it already. Since it is office space, makes me think it could be a branch project of some kind. 

27 miles in New York could be a 2 hour trip. :lol1:

It would also reduce the distance from the other end of the island to the nearest Assembly Hall 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

27 miles in New York could be a 2 hour trip. :lol1:

It would also reduce the distance from the other end of the island to the nearest Assembly Hall 

Long Island is a nice place for 20 acres of property. Very keen to see what develops... get it??

And thanks GEICO... we saved over 50%! 😃😋

Edited by Hope

8 hours ago, Parale said:

Definitely, I know..no shadow of a doubt. 

Spoiler

It will be used for spiritual activities related to Kingdom advancement ... LOL 🤣

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I was thinking about our brothers and sisters who are refugees needing temporary housing, or maybe relocating some Bethel residents to make room for Ramapo workers who will need accomodations..or theocratic schools, translation department..The JFK airport is not far away..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

13 hours ago, Doug said:

So, I wonder if the deal that fell through was Amazon?

Amazon is laying off thousands of workers! Amazon will lay off more than 18,000 workers - https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/amazon-will-lay-off-more-than-18000-workers/ar-AA15ZbTf

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think you may be correct..who knows..maybe a dual use..I have a friend from LI  who agrees with the need for an AH in that area.😀

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I have contacted my friend from Fishkill NY Bethel, and he told me that the only project on the cards is a new Assembly Hall in a Long Island. So that could be the spot. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

22 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I have contacted my friend from Fishkill NY Bethel, and he told me that the only project on the cards is a new Assembly Hall in a Long Island. So that could be the spot. 

Or the information is on a need to know basis. 

The place is pretty big.  4 stories. 

image.png.9bebf3099f293773f2e290e6fc52962c.png

On 1/9/2023 at 10:09 PM, Parale said:

the 236,365-square-foot office building

23 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Interesting. It's a 236,365-square-foot office building, but obviously an Assembly Hall needs more volume than office space, perhaps double-height?, triple-height?? 🤷‍♂️

• "A 25,000-square-foot (2,300 sq m) Assembly Hall... The brand-new hall stands on an eight-acre (3 ha) site in Cassidy, British Columbia.... It includes a 900-seat auditorium, a 250-seat cafeteria, a refreshment area, a small tiled baptism pool, and a 200-seat Kingdom Hall used by local congregations."

On 1/10/2023 at 12:37 AM, jrnievas said:

It's Jehovah's Win.

It would be interesting to calculate how much saving in expenditure, increase in value, economic injection for the community etc. there is against loss in revenue by having law-abiding, environment-respecting, industrious Jehovah's Witnesses in a neighbourhood.