JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

This California quake follows a 6.2 thirteen hours earlier in Bella Bella, Canada.

Dutch had issued a warning for the Bay Area.  The quake hit about 260 miles away.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

"Clean up in aisles 1 thru 8..."  :( 

1175325545_ScreenHunter_02Jul_0417_11.thumb.gif.49d11bb12a85770b346ceb0c66792a53.gif

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-earthquake-california-shake-quake-20190704-story.html

Sizable earthquakes began shaking Searles Valley around 10:02 a.m., when a 4.0 quake struck. Seven minutes later, a 2.5 temblor struck. Both were likely foreshocks of the 6.4 earthquake at 10:33 a.m. Jones said it’s possible that the 6.4 event could turn out to be a foreshock of an even larger quake yet to come.

“There is about a 1 in 20 chance that this location will be having an even bigger earthquake in the next few days, and that we have not yet seen the biggest earthquake of the sequence,” she said. “Some aftershocks will probably exceed magnitude 5, which means they’ll probably be damaging.”

:( 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have never seen such a large quake that struck so shallow.

This 7.1 hit LESS than one mile from the surface.  

Screenshot_20190706_000353.thumb.jpg.4113e8cb6cccd0839477356b8aa36571.jpg

Reports say it lasted for 40 seconds.

That's a long time to shake.  It was also felt a lot further away than the 6.4.

14 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Screenshot_20190705_234421.thumb.jpg.84b3bfbf9788ef17835dd450019b45f4.jpg

An even bigger quake just hit in the same area. :(

I am sure "Dutch" must feel somewhat "vindicated"- his YouTube from earlier today was one of utter frustration and exhaustion from "the professionals" ongoing dismissing of his warnings.

I just watched Dutch's report..half way thru the video he reports a 5 then says there is still energy trapped and then the siren sounds ..7.1! Dutch mentions he has relatives in S. CA..then the video ends..live stream..nothing yet!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

46 minutes ago, Gary910 said:

It was fun.

I experienced it.

I don't mind earthquakes... it is just scary wondering if it going to get stronger.

Today was scarier than yesterday. Obviously stronger!

I feel the same, they are kinda fun in a way....except if folks get hurt.

I was living in Desert Hot Springs when the Landers 7.3 hit. It did get a bit spooky when it just kept on going....There was a good sized landslide in Landers, we could see the dust cloud from where we were standing in the middle of our street.

This is a good reminder to keep our bags up to date and ready...

Crazy

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d202a8720093/VID-20190705-WA0008.mp4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorry if video didn't work. it was newscaster showing how earthquake registered on NY/NJ seismograph.
A lot of pools had sloshing water in AZ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

https://abc13.com/5381347/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d2078620ca7240001caac8b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2aLM1s-HRJB31m0P2-GodEx3tJqSkIHcOysSUYmknydZMDze9muO2On0U

RIDGECREST, Calif. -- There are calls for ambulances and reports of structure fires in Ridgecrest, California, fires after a magnitude 7.1 earthquake hit late Friday evening, according to Kern County Fire Chief David Witt.

There were reports of trailers burning at a mobile home, and State Route 178 in Kern County was closed by a rockslide and roadway damage.

Two structure fires are contained, the Ridgecrest Police Department said. PG&E has been able to largely control residential gas leaks.

There are not yet any reports of major building collapses or fatalities. More than 13,000 people are without power.

The quake hit at 8:19 p.m. and was centered 11 miles from Ridgecrest in the same areas where the previous quake hit. But it was felt as far north as Sacramento, as far east as Las Vegas and as far south as Mexico.

The county has opened an emergency shelter. Mutual aid is being dispatched from other parts of Kern County and neighboring jurisdictions.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

RIDGECREST, Calif. -- There are calls for ambulances and reports of structure fires in Ridgecrest, California, fires after a magnitude 7.1 earthquake hit late Friday evening,

Looks like there are two congregations there. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

89BD3E43-0FA5-423A-B219-53B4839AAE2C.png

This morning, Tuesday, Dutch showed a satelite view of a large crack that opened up in the desert and according to him, is making it's way toward the SanAndeas Fault..also concerning the SanMandrin fault, huge fires at the top of it in Canada, and an earthquake in Dallas to the south..Wow! I think this has to be getting many people worried! Of course, we have Jehovah!

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

https://ktla.com/2019/07/09/1st-fatality-in-ridgecrest-earthquake-may-be-man-found-dead-under-jeep-100-miles-from-epicenter-investigators/?fbclid=IwAR3HfDrXPs3WMHuh-UrfjbtUJvzUO8nT86UncZQBK0N2q2nW7s2wIqOmT_M

The death of a man found Tuesday pinned beneath a vehicle in Nevada, roughly 100 miles away from the epicenter of last week's major earthquakes near Ridgecrest, is likely related to the destructive temblors, officials said.

The death of the 56-year-old man, who hadn't been seen since the day before the first large quake struck, would be the first related to the largest seismic event in Southern California in the last 20 years.

Authorities in Pahrump, a town near the California border, were first called about the situation around 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nye County Sheriff's Sgt. Adam Tippetts said in a video news release.

Deputies sent to the rural property, on the northeast outskirts of the border town, found the man pinned under a Jeep that had previously been jacked up safely, according to Tippetts.

Based on the position of his body and the tools nearby, it appeared he had been working on the ragtop vehicle when he died.

The circumstances and preliminary information about the time of his death have led investigators to believe the Jeep fell off its jacks during the first earthquake, a magnitude 6.4 that hit on the Fourth of July.

Both that temblor and the following day's 7.1 magnitude quake rattled Pahrump, Tippetts said.

The man was last seen alive at a local gas station on Wednesday, July 3.

His name was not being released, pending the notification of his next of kin.

Closer to their epicenters, the quakes sparked several fires, damaged dozens of structures, disrupted power and gas service, triggered rockslides and cut off water access in the town of Trona.  Gov. Gavin Newsom has estimated the damage is in excess of $100 million.

More than 4,000 aftershocks have already hit, and seismologists expect another 34,000 over the next six months, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

There have been thousands of earthquakes in California since the 4th of July.  There will continue to be aftershocks for the next year or so.

(   https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/?view=1  )

There have been 418 earthquakes in just the past 43 hours, ranging in magnitudes from 2.0 to 4.0 +.

The difference is that many of these latest quakes are not aftershocks from Ridgecrest area quakes.

They are occurring in areas away from that region.  So, according to Dutch, the pressure is spreading out, but not in the eastward

direction he was hoping it would travel.

California residents who are monitoring this activity are getting really nervous.

Dutchsinse (Michael Janitch) forecast that IF the energy from the 6.4 and 7.1 isn't released eastward, and continues to be stored up

in Searle Valley, there is the potential for a 7.5, or larger, quake to occur in the region.  If the forecast quake does not occur by, or on,  July 11,

the warning will be cancelled.  

His warnings are issued to try to save lives, and NOT to scare people.

He ends every earthquake report with:  "Don't be scared.  Be prepared."

Has anyone heard if any brothers or sisters are affected by the earthquakes?

There is a KH in that area.

https://apps.jw.org/ui/E/meeting-search.html#/weekly-meetings/search/E/Ridgecrest, CA, USA/35.622456,-117.670897//detail?id=7255822D-9EC9-438F-99FD-4514FCB185C1

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There have been thousands of earthquakes in California since the 4th of July.  There will continue to be aftershocks for the next year or so.

(   https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/?view=1  )

There have been 418 earthquakes in just the past 43 hours, ranging in magnitudes from 2.0 to 4.0 +.

The difference is that many of these latest quakes are not aftershocks from Ridgecrest area quakes.

They are occurring in areas away from that region.  So, according to Dutch, the pressure is spreading out, but not in the eastward

direction he was hoping it would travel.

California residents who are monitoring this activity are getting really nervous.

Dutchsinse (Michael Janitch) forecast that IF the energy from the 6.4 and 7.1 isn't released eastward, and continues to be stored up

in Searle Valley, there is the potential for a 7.5, or larger, quake to occur in the region.  If the forecast quake does not occur by, or on,  July 11,

the warning will be cancelled.  

His warnings are issued to try to save lives, and NOT to scare people.

He ends every earthquake report with:  "Don't be scared.  Be prepared."

Well, earthquakes don't kill people.. Buildings are.