JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

40 minutes ago, Californiamama said:

We can't help but note how timely the latest silhouette presentation is....mentioning earthquakes then reading Job 34:10.  Here in California, at least in my area, we are getting really good responses already.

Jehovah is literally shaking the nations.  Here's hoping some desirable things get sifted out. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Na. Many are caused by men and their actions plus stupidity.

Extracting all that oil, gas and water in California is making the earth shrink, especially there.

Then they build there. :facepalmpo2:

Jehovah only wrote history in advance of this.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

12 minutes ago, JennyM said:

yup..... global warming may cause earth quakes too. 

Here is an interesting article about that.

https://nuscimag.com/does-climate-change-really-trigger-earthquakes-41a91477e7fc

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Scientists now know as of maybe 5 years ago on how earthquakes are caused, Ill see if I can find the video about it on a scientist who reported it as part of his research project. Essentially earthquakes are caused by pressure changes in the oceans to the plates, and as more ice melts, more pressure is added and therefore more earthquakes. 

But your definitely right JennyM, climate change is a big factor as it causes runaway feedback loop (fancy word for domino effect used by scientists).

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Scientists now know as of maybe 5 years ago on how earthquakes are caused, Ill see if I can find the video about it on a scientist who reported it as part of his research project. Essentially earthquakes are caused by pressure changes in the oceans to the plates, and as more ice melts, more pressure is added and therefore more earthquakes. 

But your definitely right JennyM, climate change is a big factor as it causes runaway feedback loop (fancy word for domino effect used by scientists).

I heard it from the assembly before.. but Im not quite sure.. There's a link of climate change and earthquake..

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Has anyone heard if any brothers or sisters are affected by the earthquakes in Ridgecrest ?

I just heard that a family of 7 has been displaced, 30 homes had minor damage, 5 homes had major damage and both KH had some damage. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 hours ago, pnutts said:

Na. Many are caused by men and their actions plus stupidity.

Extracting all that oil, gas and water in California is making the earth shrink, especially there

Yeah, I know, I was just foolin around...😎

Although, it has been noted that some of the central valley has dropped in elevation, after they sucked all the water out, some places are as much as 5 ft lower than they used to be😕..if I remember correctly..?:shrugs:

https://www.livescience.com/51943-california-sinking-faster-than-thought.html

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah, I know, I was just foolin around...😎

Although, it has been noted that some of the central valley has dropped in elevation, after they sucked all the water out, some places are as much as 5 ft lower than they used to be😕..if I remember correctly..?:shrugs:

https://www.livescience.com/51943-california-sinking-faster-than-thought.html

There are many  lands that are sinking already. 

Edited by JennyM

wrong word

Found an interesting chart on Earthquake Magnitude Frequency...

1602471674_EarthquakeMagnitudeFrequencyChart.gif.839dc5a30ea4b86d59b388707b7c2b97.gif

Should help me view quake sizes in perspective.

WOW!
Dutch said last night that in the past month there has been 34 - 6.0 earth quakes world wide compared to the usual 12 per month.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

WOW!
Dutch said last night that in the past month there has been 34 - 6.0 earth quakes world wide compared to the usual 12 per month.

WHOOPS!
i retract the 34 quakes in the last 30 days it's 25... usual is 12

It would be highly unusual for it to be inland Australia ... see it's  just off shore. Worldwide - 26 6.0 or greater earthquakes in the 30 days - three a week more than double. 5 different 7.0 in the last several weeks. Certainly an increase.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

It would be highly unusual for it to be inland Australia ... see it's  just off shore. Worldwide - 26 6.0 or greater earthquakes in the 30 days - three a week more than double. 5 different 7.0 in the last several weeks. Certainly an increase.

Pity that people in the world have no idea what this means, nor would they listen even if we told them. For us it is like seeing lightning in the sky and recalling Jesus's words of increased earthquakes as a definite sign of the last days, or, as we now know the last of the last days. The annual meeting is going to be really interesting for this year.

spacer.png

The red dot indicates a 7.3-magnitude earthquake in Indonesia on July 14, 2019, and the largest orange dot indicates the 6.6-magnitude earthquake off the west coast of Australia.

earthsky.org/earth/earthquakes-australia-indonesia-ring-of-fire-july-14-2019?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Didn’t feel a thing. But this is very unusual. 

It's quite rare … you might see this event every 20 years," he said.

'You might see this every 20 years': WA rattled by magnitude-6.6 earthquake

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-14/earthquake-in-indian-ocean-felt-from-broome-to-perth/11308064

9 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-14/earthquake-in-indian-ocean-felt-from-broome-to-perth/11308064

I heard in an assembly before that the earth's plates have become active. That was in 2011.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

I didn't feel anything either.  It's a long way from up there to down here.

I was watching some of the video yesterday. He was having a bit of a problem finding inhabited places up there. LOL. And his pronounciation of Uluru was rather amusing. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.