JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Whole lot of them in past 24 hours. 

Screenshot_20201001-082246.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 3 weeks later...

They have a tsunami warning ⚠️ 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Before the local news had mentioned yesterdays Alaska quake We got a phone call from a friend in Sacramento telling us there was a tsunami warning, urging us to be ready to move to high ground. That was the first we heard about it. There was no need to pass on the warning. By the time I got on the internet the warning was limited to 950 miles from the source.

Our house is 230 ft above sea level so we have little to worry about but a third of our congregation live in the tsunami zone.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's usgs data. 

Greece.jpg

Death count gone up to 27 and many more are still trapped under the collapsed buildings... some of the stories coming out are heartbreaking. 
One person is waiting to hear anything from the rescue teams of his four young nieces who are trapped inside that rubble!

Another lady sitting on a folding chair just nearby said she and her husband were out at work when the earthquake struck but their 12 year old daughter was in that building. She keeps rushing up to the rescue teams to see if she has been found!  

If we feel heartbroken for these poor families can you imagine how Jehovah must feel! 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/europe/earthquake-turkey-greece-aegean-sea-rescue-scli-intl/index.html

Rescuers have pulled more than 100 earthquake survivors from the rubble of Izmir

Rescue efforts continued apace in the western Turkish city of Izmir on Saturday, a day after a powerful earthquake hit the Aegean Sea, causing buildings to come crashing down and claiming the lives of at least 39 people

Thirty-seven of the deaths were in Turkey, authorities there said, and two were in Greece. At least 885 people were injured in Turkey.

A total of 20 buildings were seriously damaged in Izmir by the tremor Friday afternoon, according to Izmir Mayor Tunc Soyer, the majority of them in the middle-class Bayrakli district.

Screenshot_20201107_090547.thumb.jpg.3cd7116339a2b82d13025315911d339c.jpg

My phone has been buzzing a lot.  We may be heading into an "event" mode.

Will have to check out Michael Janitch's

earthquake forecast for this week.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Whole bunch of quaking in Nevada USA. 

About 115 quakes in 24 hours. 

Nevada quakes.jpg

Edited by AH173