JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

There was a talk posted on JW.org broadcast,  I think about a week ago of Geoffrey Jackson with no beard. I wonder if that is current?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwb-095_2_VIDEO

That’s from almost a year ago. You may have seen it on the Featured section, where older videos are circulated.

5 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

There was a talk posted on JW.org broadcast,  I think about a week ago of Geoffrey Jackson with no beard. I wonder if that is current?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwb-095_2_VIDEO

It seems that morning worship was from 2018. Those talks are not necessarily from current text considerations. 

30 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Had the Branch Shepherding visit with brother Stephen Lett yesterday. No beards in evidence by any of the brothers. 

Now I am visualizing how busy would a beard be on the face of Brother Lett. Please share your favorite part of the visit, so I can refocus. 

Had the Branch Shepherding visit with brother Stephen Lett yesterday. No beards in evidence by any of the brothers. 
Great programme and talks.
I agree. Great program.
However, I would add some 'fine print'. No beards were seen "on the platform."
You didn't mention all the beards on the Branch Report video clips, especially the LDC report. Lol

Old (Downunder) Tone

17 minutes ago, kejedo said:

As a person who loves words, this has just become my favorite word for the weekend, outside of our stimulating and ever increasing Bible vocab.

A dear sister friend of mine is an arctophile. Zythophile and Cerevisaphile are also interesting and quenching. Please forgive me for being OT.

56 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I agree. Great program.
However, I would add some 'fine print'. No beards were seen "on the platform."
You didn't mention all the beards on the Branch Report video clips, especially the LDC report. Lol

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

You are right. I was only thinking of the platform. Yes, there were a number of beards evident in the video clips. 

I observed quite a few in our hall, too. The brothers are having a great time with their facial hair. 😁

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

In the past we have seen worldly men with beards, start to study, as they progressed they shaved their beard and were baptized. Will we see the opposite soon? A clean shaven man, learns the Truth, progresses to baptism with a beard 🤣?

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Well, it's not so much to model ourselves after businessmen or politicians, but rather to what is considered respectable and dignified in our community. Of course that changes from country to country and from area to area, and also along time.

That is true, yet we must not forget that our love for Jehovah. That is all it comes down to, beard or not we can love Jehovah.

2 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

7 weeks in. It’s a bit disheveled but has grey in it. That’s what I wanted.  😊 Mind you it’s almost black when I’m indoors. No idea how that works, chameleon beard perhaps.  
Our roof partly came off in a storm over a week ago so extremely tired dealing with that and trying to stem the ingress, so trimming is the last thing on my mind. 🥱

IMG_0862.jpeg

Very nice look, bro !

On 1/23/2024 at 7:24 AM, Mike047 said:

Glenn, a number of them look ridiculous, certainly some of the appointed men who seem to be showing a degree of immaturity as a result of this talk.

Hopefully it will be a five minute wonder for some of them, then we can get rid of this thread!

rude