JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #1

3 minutes ago, Dages said:

I guess it will be around the mid/end of February.

It's often like 6-8 weeks between Updates, isn't it?

You’re correct 👍🏽 

I find it funny though, how the January broadcast, along with Governing Body Update #8, was a huge, scrumptious meal for us to take in and digest. Packed to the brim with information for us to comprehend, to change our thinking, to accept that “we don’t know”. And yet I’m hungry for more! So yes.., I’m already ready for the February 2024 JW Broadcast🤩🥳😚

5 hours ago, SKnight said:

@jwhess Any information on what we can look forward to for the February 2024 Broadcast? 

As was already mentioned, the updates are separated by varying periods of time.  Usually a minimum of 6 weeks goes by.  Since the last update was on Dec 15th, the next would be around Feb 1st or a little later.  Since the regular monthly broadcast will be Monday Feb 5th, it may be a week later (just a guess).

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed it just now. I liked the comment, “are we off the clock because we are no longer in the formal preaching work?”.  In the past when we have gone for coffee around 11-11.30 someone would always sit a tract on the cafe table so they could continue to count their time.  I was never comfortable with this and now it is not necessary imo.  I’m always chatting to people with the goal of sharing something spiritual if possible.  

I really enjoyed the reminders given in the Update, especially about counting (or, nor counting) our time. One brother said he has learned to feel that he is in the ministry all the time. But I couldn't figure out, in the next scene, why he's knocking on a mailbox. :shrugs: Does someone live in there?

Knockingonmailbox.thumb.jpg.438ea77c8c3a134bd287af1e501f1812.jpg

(I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime.)

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

I really enjoyed the reminders given in the Update, especially about counting (or, nor counting) our time. One brother said he has learned to feel that he is in the ministry all the time. But I couldn't figure out, in the next scene, why he's knocking on a mailbox. :shrugs: Does someone live in there?

(I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime.)

ScreenShot2024-01-27at12_23_08PM.png.edbe5160936aceed4308044caf2b51cf.png

Perhaps he perceives that black dot as a doorbell buzzer so he's reaching out to press it? 🤔

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

J'ai vraiment apprécié les rappels donnés dans la mise à jour, notamment sur le fait de compter (ou ne pas compter) notre temps. Un frère a dit qu’il avait appris à se sentir tout le temps dans le ministère. Mais je n'arrivais pas à comprendre, dans la scène suivante, pourquoi il frappe à une boîte aux lettres. Est-ce que quelqu'un habite là-dedans ? :hausse les épaules:

Knockingonmailbox.thumb.jpg.438ea77c8c3a134bd287af1e501f1812.jpg

(Je suis sûr que je le découvrirai un jour.)

I don't know if it's the same explanation as in my case but I happen to do it on rare occasions, Eric, when I see someone at the bottom of the garden but the person is not within range of voice. In the absence of a bell at the gate, the mailbox becomes a sounding board to attract the attention of the person and it works quite well🙂

Perhaps he perceives that black dot as a doorbell buzzer, so he's reaching out to press it? 

It looks like a fist is made to knock on it. So...
I wonder - as it is a stone building - and there may not be a button to press, whether the only place to 'knock' on is the letter box. At least there would be some sound from the hollow box.
The only other way would be to rattle the wrought iron gate...?
I'm not sure. This is my best guess.

Old (Downunder) Tone

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

I don't know if it's the same explanation as in my case but I happen to do it on rare occasions, Eric, when I see someone at the bottom of the garden but the person is not within range of voice. In the absence of a bell at the gate, the mailbox becomes a sounding board to attract the attention of the person and it works quite well🙂

I think that's the answer, I'd do the same in such case

8 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

ScreenShot2024-01-27at12_23_08PM.png.edbe5160936aceed4308044caf2b51cf.png

Perhaps he perceives that black dot as a doorbell buzzer so he's reaching out to press it? 🤔

I didn't think of that, but after consideration… I don't think so.

7 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I wonder - as it is a stone building - and there may not be a button to press, whether the only place to 'knock' on is the letter box. At least there would be some sound from the hollow box.

I noticed that too. At the 8:51 mark of the video, he actually does knock on the mailbox. So that could be it. It's the only place to 'knock,' and so he does his best with what's available.

7 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

. . . when I see someone at the bottom of the garden but the person is not within range of voice. In the absence of a bell at the gate, the mailbox becomes a sounding board to attract the attention of the person

Close, but I don't think so. When arriving at the mailbox, he doesn't take the time to look to see if someone is in sight. The "sounding board" thought seems to make sense. It's just that it all happens so quick; it's like he doesn't even take the time to find a bell to ring. He just goes right to knocking.

I think this will take more thought. Or, maybe not. (It's not that important.)

Edited by Sheep

On 1/12/2024 at 11:33 PM, Tortuga said:

Any idea when the first GB Update for 2024 will come out?

Transcript for the Governing Body Update 2024 #1

https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/global/2024-Governing-Body-Update-1/

ONE COLUMN FOR SCREEN:

TWO COLUMN FOR PRINTING - A4:

On 1/28/2024 at 5:01 AM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

The only other way would be to rattle the wrought iron gate...?
I'm not sure. This is my best guess.

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Maybe the next house that he calls on is the old woman who lived in a shoe, who had so many choildren she didn't know what to do.

We don't know what is in other peoples territory.

Edited by Pabo

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to turn this into a beard discussion but when they showed the brother with the big beard at bethel that was supposed to be an Israelite, I couldn’t help but wonder if he was wearing a fake beard. So far brothers don’t typically wear their beards that long and he wouldn’t have had the time to grow it that fast. Does anyone know?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.