JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #2

Both my husband and I will continue our normal formal wear.  That's our preference.  However, its good to know that either because of heat or cold inclement weather, we can change up some things and not feel bad about it, as long as Jehovah has given us the permission.

All good friends!  Enjoy!

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Does anyone know how this will affect metro carts?  We're assigned to the University of Washington, so it's definitely a more casual environment.  Watch me get a text right after asking this question...

It's field service....not conducting a meeting.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

One of the problems may be an over-reaction to the changes. Over here we had one post up on WhatsApp that presented a man in a tutu dress dancing. This is in reality 'camp' entertainment and we would not want it in our kingdom hall so why put it up on social media? We must be careful not to insult our brothers or sisters or, more importantly Jehovah.

9 hours ago, Capablewife said:

Does anyone know if this change takes place immediately? emoji848.png I was thinking of wearing slacks in service tomorrow, but I want to be sure. Everyone that I could ask would be asleep right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I did today and 1 of the brothers actually clapped for me 😂😂

The brother who conducted our service meeting this morning had Titus 2:10 read and then mentioned Lesson 52 in our Enjoy Life Forever! interactive study: "Why Our Clothing and Appearance Matter"

He kept stressing that the Bible does not tell us specifically what we can or cannot wear while preaching The Good News.  It is our love for Jehovah that dictates what we wear.  We would dress in a dignified manner befitting of one who represents the Sovereign of the universe.

That being said, he noted that those going out in service sure were quick to ditch their ties. 

LaughingSnickeringDoggy.gif.38ac88a1b5c6a798433392367175a694.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Forgot to mention why he had Titus 2:10 read.

It is because we should be focused on adorning our message

and drawing attention to it and not ourselves. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It will be interesting to see the implement of the changes and thinking. I was thinking of my Uncle Paul who had definite ideas about how a Christian should dress. He would only wear suits whether on the stage or not. 

Our sisters in cold areas will especially appreciate the ability to wear pants. I wish the brothers could wear dress shorts out in service during extreme heat days. 

I really appreciated the change be it so ever slightly to welcoming a person who had been disfellowshipped. Especially just before the Memorial. Imagine the courage it took to go to a meeting, thinking no one is going to even greet me or tell me their glad to see me. Only to be welcomed warmly. Truly an act of love and kindness.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

9 minutes ago, TheKid23 said:

I was the only sister at my group who took the plunge today but others said they’re going to next week. Seems nobody wanted to be the 1st, I thought someone’s gotta do it 🤷‍♀️😂IMG_1107.thumb.jpeg.6c509685f108497533b436d972bcc2c9.jpeg

Very nice sister. I too was afraid to wear pants to service today too, but I’ll try next week. My mother’s pantsuits from the 70’s won’t go to waste after all!! 🕺🕺😅😅 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:49 AM, felito said:

Hello brothers I just wanna let you know to you all that I’m selling ties at very low prices with big discounts.  

Anyone interested?

Please let me know.
Thank you very much for your attention.

😁

Take a picture - i have about 100 - used for work - service - public teaching secular - teaching @ meetings 

still common here in the business world as an fashionable expression 

and most appointed will still wear @ meetings - since we all need to be prepared to help with parts

and the 8-10 brothers with non-teaching assignments/duties

22 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

a question:

What do you think of jeans for sisters?

There is an older article that says Denim or jeans do not belong at the Kingdom Hall…..

keep in mind it is an old article - but havent seen a change

and its listed as not to be worn to Bethel in the Visual pictures provided to each cong and posted in many KHs

4 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

It will be interesting to see the implement of the changes and thinking. I was thinking of my Uncle Paul who had definite ideas about how a Christian should dress. He would only wear suits whether on the stage or not. 

Our sisters in cold areas will especially appreciate the ability to wear pants. I wish the brothers could wear dress shorts out in service during extreme heat days. 

I really appreciated the change be it so ever slightly to welcoming a person who had been disfellowshipped. Especially just before the Memorial. Imagine the courage it took to go to a meeting, thinking no one is going to even greet me or tell me their glad to see me. Only to be welcomed warmly. Truly an act of love and kindness.

That’s very true. We have someone in our congregation who was disfellowshipped in 2019 and has been attending meetings, memorials, assemblies, etc; even on zoom and even after we came back to face to face. I know they’ll be happy when we greet them during the memorial and I hope they see and feel that we still care for them and Jehovah wants them to come back. 🥰🥰

I have some dress shirts with collars that have ...uhhh...shrunk. They are too tight to wear buttoned but now I can wear them unbuttoned..(:P) 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

yes.

is that depending on the context here in Brazil, jeans for both men and women with a shirt or blouse suitable for women, gives an interesting and respectful, modest equation

of course, without making the jeans look conspicuous or inelegant
I don't know, maybe it depends on the place

Here in the maintenance of the Kingdom Hall and secular activities, sisters wear jeans and look elegant and modest.

I sometimes wonder what the extent of this is...

Sorry Jeans are NEVER considered Elegant - perhaps you meant a different word

look up the definition and the current view - they are always considered casual - possibly business casual by some

Elegant is actually the exact opposite of Jeans or Spandex

YES jeans are appropriate for work and other environments - but they are  never considered Elegant by the world …and our standards are SO much higher

I have always enjoyed going somewhere and enjoyed being able to spot our Brothers and Sisters out in service when getting a coffee or when I see them on  a break getting something to eat. Now that will be more of a challenge. They will no longer stand out by the way they are dressed. It was always easy to spot a group out in service.

I see this as a positive. No longer will others come to conclusions. This will help to create more conversations. But does our clothes make our Christian identity any different? Nope. True Christians would be identified by their love for fellow brothers and sisters. And that love would extend to others. Think of how he felt about the young ruler at Mark 10:21 "Jesus looked at him and felt love for him and said, “One thing is missing about you: Go, sell what things you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come be my follower.”  Do we feel the same about those we meet out in service or on a break? 

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I was the first in my FSG this morning

Looking good John. I have began wearing sleeveless sweaters too.  

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”