JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3469 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On my Android tablet and phone, I can't get past the "Choose primary language" screen. I can get to the "choose language you are learning" and both the primary and "learning" language download, but then I am stuck there. I try to drag the page from the left side and only get a blank page. The back and menu buttons have no affect. 

I've downloaded the app on my iPad and android phone. I had no problems with the download. Please note that there is a bit of a delay when setting up the app simply due to download speeds of your Wi-Fi. It worked on each device as soon as the download was complete.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

On my Android tablet and phone, I can't get past the "Choose primary language" screen. I can get to the "choose language you are learning" and both the primary and "learning" language download, but then I am stuck there. I try to drag the page from the left side and only get a blank page. The back and menu buttons have no affect. 

Same here! Now it's working on my Samsung T-310. Will check on Grumpys in a few.

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I did an uninstall and reinstall and it works fine now. I think Tammi's point on the downloading delay was valid. I thought it was finished the first time when it said "download complete". But, this time I started the install and then just left it alone for several minutes and all was well when I tried it again. 

I have a tablet with limited memory (1GB) and it took some time for the language file to d/l ... then it took another while to "unzip and install" the file. This was repeated for the second language.

Once setup, the app works fine ... however, it takes a while to launch each time I use it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

This is truly awesome I am just downloading now. Thanks for the alerts friends. agape.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

It's a lovely app to be sure. But how do we use it. Are we all meant to learn a second language. How do we avoid making it just another app on the shelf?

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Check your free memory. It will not load primary language unless you have enough memory for both primary and secondry language.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I plan to use it to come up with a easy presentation for one or two non-English languages spoken in our territory. Mainly to try to address the "I don't speak __________".

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

SURVEY ONE YEAR AFTER LAUNCH OF APP:

QTN: "So your now 10 million from 8 million Jehovah's witnesses last year. As a minimum how many languages do you each speak. ?"

RESPONSE: " Minimum is 2 languages but after each year or so we take on a new one. It all depends on your territory and the language groups therein"

Oh Jehovah! We are now speaking in tongues indeed.

So wonderful! Am just speechless! Jehovah's organization is truly on the move! The 2015 year text is so fitting: "Give thanks to Jehovah for his is Good". Yes indeed!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

hi Marijke, there seems to be a problem with the non english version maybe? So many people in the play store complain that they can't get further than choosing the primary language. I'm waiting now, maybe there'll be a new version soon.