JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 656 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:54 PM, DDVictoria said:

we are still waiting here in the Philippines. (tagalog)

but sometimes cebuano get translated first.

Yes, WAITING! I think they translated the NWT in Hiligaynon first which is also a visayan dialect like Cebuano. Our Ilongo brothers deserve the treat because they only had the Christian greek Sscriptures for decades while Tagalog, Cebuano and Iloco had it completely.

Yes, WAITING! I think they translated the NWT in Hiligaynon first which is also a visayan dialect like Cebuano. Our Ilongo brothers deserve the treat because they only had the Christian greek Sscriptures for decades while Tagalog, Cebuano and Iloco had it completely.

It all depends size of the translation team. Some teams are only three, and translating the Bible from scratch can take 6 years or more of full time work, plus they also need to receive some special education and are invited to attend special courses in Bible translation. So if the team is very small, the complete Bible takes longer time. However, if you have a good source material, a revision might just take 3 years, or perhaps less. So, start encouraging young brothers and sisters using languages where there is a need to qualify for bethel service, to sharpen their language skills, and use them fully in the good work.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 8/26/2016 at 11:55 AM, Ijones said:

:lol:

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 9/9/2014 at 5:59 PM, ArthurW said:

I just discovered today that three new languages have the revised NW: Korean, Estonian, and Ukrainian. The PDFs are downloadable on jw.org. It's absolutely awesome that our brothers in Estonia and Ukraine, who only had the Greek Scriptures available in their language, now have the full Bible in this accurate translation. Huge blessing from Jehovah!

source: http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=nwt&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF

Simple link to see all the languages

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

wow. happy to hear that! 

i just found out that NWT Hiligaynon and Pangasinan is now available. Now, I become more excited for the Tagalog one.

On 01/07/2016 at 8:18 PM, richietj77 said:

As of today, the No. 5 issue of the Watchtower in Portuguese is online:

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=201609&pub=wp&fileformat=PDF&langwritten=t&txtCMSLang=s&isBible=0

It shows the name of the magazine on top.

Could it be that this special edition is going to be translated to Portuguese from Portugal?
But still, the mystery of  A Sentinela sem nome persists...

Actually, I have to confirm the existence of the " A Sentinela Sem Nome".

During this campaing we are not using the usual WatchTower but a Brochure with the same title and almost the same content.

And yes, there is a article concerning the release of the NWT in Portugal.

I took some photos but  the photos sizes are above 0.98MB. Is there any way to attaches it?

16 hours ago, JJMS said:

Actually, I have to confirm the existence of the " A Sentinela Sem Nome".

During this campaing we are not using the usual WatchTower but a Brochure with the same title and almost the same content.

And yes, there is a article concerning the release of the NWT in Portugal.

I took some photos but  the photos sizes are above 0.98MB. Is there any way to attaches it?

You can host the pictures here:

http://www.photobucket.com/

Just come in with your Facebook account

I'm really very curious to see this information! ^_^

6 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

You can host the pictures here:

http://www.photobucket.com/

Just come in with your Facebook account

I'm really very curious to see this information! ^_^

I dont have a Facebook account...:secret:

Is there another way? I would like to show these pictures

Edited by JJMS

I dont have a Facebook account...:secret:

Is there another way? I would like to show these pictures

The tapatalk app will let you upload images to their servers when posting to the site using the app. Easy.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

47 minutes ago, JJMS said:

I´ve already created an account and also uploaded the photos.

What next? What should I do to share the pictures?

Now click the right button of your mouse, copy the photo link.

In response area of this forum on the underside right, you'll find the box: "Insert image from URL". Paste the photo link and... Voilà, when you complete your post, the picture will appear!