JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 657 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It has been quiet here the last few months, but for the brothers in Dutch speaking territories it has been a great day today:

Today we all received a copy of the New Word Translation, 2017 revision in DUTCH!!!!!!!!!

(It's allready added to the list online)

Really, I don't have words to express my feeling about this great gift we received today!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

It has been quiet here the last few months, but for the brothers in Dutch speaking territories it has been a great day today:

Today we all received a copy of the New Word Translation, 2017 revision in DUTCH!!!!!!!!!

(It's allready added to the list online)

Really, I don't have words to express my feeling about this great gift we received today!

https://www.jw.org/download/?booknum=0&output=html&pub=nwt&fileformat=JWPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=O&txtCMSLang=O&isBible=1

Did you order it beforehand? Or did they just hand them out?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Today we all received a copy of the New Word Translation, 2017 revision in DUTCH!!!!!!!!!emoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.png

(It's allready added to the list onlineemoji4.png)

Really, I don't have words to express my feeling about this great gift we received today!emoji173.png

How was it released? Convention or Meeting or???

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

No, it was a surprise till the beginning of the program. So no questions if we wanted to have a copy.

They handed them out in both the Assembly Hall and in all the Kingdom Halls. After the release there was a 5 or 10 minutes break with a video how this Dutch bible was printed, so everyone was able to follow the rest of the program in their new bibles.

How was it released? Convention or Meeting or???

We had a special meeting with brother Jackson. It was not only for the Netherlands, but Belgium (Dutch speaking part), Suriname, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao were also with us.

Everyone was expecting the Bible, because two months ago we had also a special meeting, headquarters representative, for the release of the new songbook
So why would we have two meetings in two months?

Now we know for sure

And really I have deep, deep appreciation for our dear brothers who have worked, or still work, really hard for this bible.
We were told that they translated exactly two years.
But we also heard allready a preview of the new audio recordings, and bethel will try to release every week the audio for that weeks bible reading

And about this bible.. I can't make clear to you how the style have changed in Dutch. Only 15 verses remained the same. All the other ones changed.
Before the revision I sometimes used other bible translations, just to feel the verse or understand what was being said. But now I know for sure I don't need these anymore

They told us: "it's not a English-Dutch language translation. It is a translation who have respect for the beauty of the Dutch language. It's the most accurate Bible translation the Netherlands have ever seen!"

Old one and new one:966007822d2aebc02159755a7f6ef3cb.jpg9180f66d3d05c358b14709e857e3904b.jpg

Brother Jackson gave an example of the new translation. In english you have the expression ‘to exercise faith’  -  that’s because the word ‘faith’ is not a verb so you have to use a verb to express that word in an active way. For example: you cannot say I faith you  – but: I have faith in you.
But in Dutch we  have the word for faith (geloof) but also the verb (geloven).
Our old  bible-translation was more of an english-dutch translation.  
Our
 translators back then used the exact translation for the english ‘exercise faith’ which is  ‘geloof oefenen’ in stead of  using the verb  ‘geloven’. That makes it a little bit strange for outsiders to  understand that expression. In Dutch the word ‘to exercise’ (oefenen) has the connotation of exercising as in a fitness-centre. So, when explaining  the need of a more accurate translation, br. Jackson was on the stage making movements as if he was jogging – to show how you may have understand the expression ‘geloof oefenen’ (exercising faith) as if you physically have to exercise to have faith. The audience burst into laughter – especially when the interpreter made more gymnastic movements while translating.  By the way, it was a blast to hear br. Jackson. He made so many jokes -  we were almost constantly laughing. An unforgettable event it was.

I’ll give you my own example:

Rom. 10:10 : “For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness,
Old translation:”
want met het hart oefent men geloof tot rechtvaardigheid
New translation: “Want voor rechtvaardigheid moet je geloven met je hart

Aahh….so much better and more beautiful…it comes right in our heart.
Thank you Jehovah.

Edited by mdj

And really I have deep, deep appreciation for our dear brothers who have worked, or still work, really hard for this bible.
We were told that they translated exactly two years.
But we also heard allready a preview of the new audio recordings, and bethel will try to release every week the audio for that weeks bible reading

And about this bible.. I can't make clear to you how the style have changed in Dutch. Only 15 verses remained the same. All the other ones changed.
Before the revision I sometimes used other bible translations, just to feel the verse or understand what was being said. But now I know for sure I don't need these anymore

They told us: "it's not a English-Dutch language translation. It is a translation who have respect for the beauty of the Dutch language. It's the most accurate Bible translation the Netherlands have ever seen!"

Old one and new one:966007822d2aebc02159755a7f6ef3cb.jpg&key=59c8e0ab4e3c2578f84ad19fd23b984f3c7637df9cd56757fdf073e4d17a07179180f66d3d05c358b14709e857e3904b.jpg&key=9b4a00a8b0fb89111bfd1e18b1be6be10ae4797873758b86c7ee61f9a9e855f9

Two years is very quick. Usually we expect the translation process to take between three to six years. Six years for an entirely new translation and three years for a revision of a fine source material.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Today we all received a copy of the New Word Translation, 2017 revision in DUTCH!!!!!!!!!emoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.pngemoji322.png

(It's allready added to the list onlineemoji4.png)

Really, I don't have words to express my feeling about this great gift we received today!emoji173.png

CONGRATULATIONS! :)o

Just got the "New Publications Available" list, and on it is has the Jesus-The Way book in French, German, Polish, Spanish, Catalan, Hungarian,  Korean, Romanian and Russian.  Not yet on jw.org for download, but can requested through literature.  Is this an indication that the RNWT is nearly ready in more languages.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Just got the "New Publications Available" list, and on it is has the Jesus-The Way book in French, German, Polish, Spanish, Catalan, Hungarian,  Korean, Romanian and Russian.  Not yet on jw.org for download, but can requested through literature.  Is this an indication that the RNWT is nearly ready in more languages.

Could be. When that book was released at the convention two years ago, the speaker said it would be released in Spanish (and other languages) when the RNWT is almost done or already released in that language.

It's already published in Korean, but other languages? Sure, why not.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We received this book more than a year before the release of the NWT in Dutch. All scriptures are from the NWT. It was only electronic. So when these languages have the book ready to order, I guess the NWT must be released soon

But: who am I? Just a thought

On 6/1/2017 at 8:47 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Wow! We sure hope the Spanish Revised NWT will be released soon. I have a question. Is the "New Publications Available" list that you mention the monthly "Announcement to all Congregations" where we are notified of new publications available? I've looked at the past ones available up until April 2017 and I don't see the announcement of the Jesus-The Way book in Spanish and the other languages. Is it in the May 2017 "Announcement to all Congregations"?

On 6/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Jesus—The Way is already available on JW.org in Hungarian, Korean, Romanian and Russian. In Hungarian, Romanian, and Russian, the Scripture quotations are from the vernacular bi12. Back in 2013, we were notified that there wouldn't be any nwt_M, because bi12_M (published in 2006) already has several of the updated renderings.

Jesus—The Way is already available on JW.org in Hungarian, Korean, Romanian and Russian. In Hungarian, Romanian, and Russian, the Scripture quotations are from the vernacular bi12. Back in 2013, we were notified that there wouldn't be any nwt_M, because bi12_M (published in 2006) already has several of the updated renderings.

That is true. Some languages will not receive a revised bible yet, since what they've got is so good and recent anyway. Focus is on languages that never had a Bible or the NWT. Imagine speaking a language where there is no Bible translation of the whole Bible available. Wouldn't you wish the Slave would do something about that? I know they will do what they can.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, ArthurW said:

Back in 2013, we were notified that there wouldn't be any nwt_M, because bi12_M (published in 2006) already has several of the updated renderings.

So in a round-about kind of way, you already had a revised NWT before the 2013 English revised translation.

The Greek Scriptures was released in the Catalan language this past weekend in Spain.

Very good news!

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Referencing jw.org, we now have the RNWT in 36 languages: 

• Amharic -  Azerbaijani  -  Azerbaijani (Cyrillic)
  • Chitonga  -  Chitumbuka
  • Dutch
  • English  -  Estonian  -  Ewe
  • Fijan
  • Gun
  • Haitian Creole  -  Hiligaynon  -  Hindi
  • Kazakh  -  Kikaonde  -  Kiribati  -  Kongo  -  Korean
  • Luganda  -  Luvale
  • Malayalam  -  Myanmar
  • Otetela
  • Pangasinan  -  Portuguese  -  Portuguese (Portugal)
  • Sango  -  Silozi
  • Tamil  -  Tatar  -  Thai  -  Tigrinya  -  Tongan
  • Ukrainian
  • Vietnamese

Jehovah's chariot is indeed on the mooove!  :)