JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Stories of ones coming in the truth through JW.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1989 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...

A sister I recently met told me her story. My memory is not great, but I'll give the CliffNotes. 

She was raised in a Muslim family. Her father and mother were highly controlling and emotionally abusive. (These are the details I can't remember). At some point, while at school a sister started witnessing to her and she liked what she had heard. Then she was visited by another sister at her house and a study was started. But due to extreme opposition from her parents - such as not allowing her out of the house except for school - the study was briefly done in secret, then eventually stopped. 

Later, this young woman spent some time (a year or two) learning mainly from the website. This was the bulk of her study. Once she was old enough to move out she told her parents what she wanted to do, only to be told that if she leaves and studies with the Witnesses she will no longer be her daughter. With that she left for another state, studied and was baptized a short time later. 

More recently, she and her parents have started communicating again under her requisite that he doesn't talk bad about her religion.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, Brother Jack said:

This brother was willing to give up his profession to do what he knew was right.

This reminds me of Elisha:

(1 Kings 19:19-21) . . .So [Elijah] went from there and found E·liʹsha the son of Shaʹphat while he was plowing with 12 pairs of bulls ahead of him, and he was with the 12th pair. So E·liʹjah went over to him and threw his official garment on him. At that he left the bulls and ran after E·liʹjah and said: “Please, let me kiss my father and my mother. Then I will follow you.” He replied to him: “Go, return, for what have I done to stop you?” So he went back and took a pair of bulls and sacrificed them, and he used the plowing gear to boil the meat of the bulls and gave it to the people, and they ate. After that he rose up and followed E·liʹjah and began to minister to him.

He too gave up his entire career for the chance to serve Jehovah.

9 hours ago, 1MKnight said:

This reminds me of Elisha:

(1 Kings 19:19-21) . . .So [Elijah] went from there and found E·liʹsha the son of Shaʹphat while he was plowing with 12 pairs of bulls ahead of him, and he was with the 12th pair. So E·liʹjah went over to him and threw his official garment on him. At that he left the bulls and ran after E·liʹjah and said: “Please, let me kiss my father and my mother. Then I will follow you.” He replied to him: “Go, return, for what have I done to stop you?” So he went back and took a pair of bulls and sacrificed them, and he used the plowing gear to boil the meat of the bulls and gave it to the people, and they ate. After that he rose up and followed E·liʹjah and began to minister to him.

He too gave up his entire career for the chance to serve Jehovah.

Thanks for sharing. I didn’t remember this part of the account.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who when he was 12 years old walked into the park near his home in Austria, looked up, and said "God, if you exist I'd like to know more about you ". 2 days later he came into contact with the Witnesses. In the face of family opposition he came into the truth. The family moved Australia hoping to get him away from "those people " but the 1st friend he made in school was a witness, Jehovah looked after him. To this day none of his family have ever responded to the bible's message, how remarkable he did at 12 years of age and alone.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Ludwika said:

I have a friend who when he was 12 years old walked into the park near his home in Austria, looked up, and said "God, if you exist I'd like to know more about you ". 2 days later he came into contact with the Witnesses. In the face of family opposition he came into the truth. The family moved Australia hoping to get him away from "those people " but the 1st friend he made in school was a witness, Jehovah looked after him. To this day none of his family have ever responded to the bible's message, how remarkable he did at 12 years of age and alone.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not exactly an experience from using JW.org. but a minor miracle in its own way. The angels have been active long before we had JW.org.  :yes:

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley