JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Hey! That's my cousin!

Haha..a very pretty one I must say..so maybe you know what she's saying, or thinking?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 4/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Dove said:

Can anyone think of a meme for this...

61WZidjRY2L._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg

"Did someone call me?"

John10:16

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

image.png.78f6b390994dab60a5e5e7c9348ec1d9.png

That is priceless find. It ought to be in a travelling JW Museum or put in a Bethel branch office in this part of the world. 

I believe the cover of the casing is made of leather.

*** yb75 p. 155 Part 2—United States of America ***

But from late 1937 onward into the 1940’s, increased use was made of the portable phonograph and recordings of Bible talks to carry the Kingdom message to the homes of millions.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=301975003&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=257

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-edison-phonograph-makes-first-appearance-in-san-antonio-at-alamo-literacy-hall-in-1878/ar-BB1aDZ7W

Record players and vinyl are making a comeback in 2020, as the vinyl albums outsold compact discs for the first time since 1986. 

Edited by Mclove

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

My son in law found this when he was helping his grandmother move from Florida to New York several years ago, it belonged to his grandfather, he showed it to me today, it still cranked and the table spun,

20210425_142221.jpg

20210425_142232.jpg

That is a good find. It is the lay down version. I have the stand up version that plays on end closed up, with a whole box full of Rutherford's talks. I wind it up every few years and listen to "Religion is a Snare and a Racket"

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 4/26/2021 at 12:49 AM, rocket said:

That is a good find. It is the lay down version. I have the stand up version that plays on end closed up, with a whole box full of Rutherford's talks. I wind it up every few years and listen to "Religion is a Snare and a Racket"

do you have an mp3 version you can share? I'm sure many would like to hear it, as would I.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Is that real??
From the internet:
The process to achieving rainbow roses is uncomplicated, and has been experimented with for more than a millennium, however some companies are attempting to patent the process. Most recently, in 2004, two Dutch companies, River Flowers and FJ Zandbergen created a rose that was made up of rainbow coloured petals.

In scientific terms, this simple but effective process in carried out using the transportation system located within vascular flowers. The xylem tubes located in the stem of the rose pump colour to the leaves and petals, when the flower is dipped into dyed water. When the petals have absorbed the coloured water – the water itself evaporates leaving the colour behind. The outer layer of the petals themselves (of a white rose) are transparent so the colour shows up beautifully...

It is impossible to purchase rainbow roses in seed form as the process of creating rainbow roses is not a product of genetic engineering or cross-breeding which can be duplicated. Each rainbow rose is made individually.

"Rainbow roses: are they real? | lovethegarden" https://www.lovethegarden.com/uk-en/article/rainbow-roses-are-they-real 

The article describes how to make your own. You’ll need white Rises and coloured Dye
Old (Downunder) Tone