JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

2 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Taught my grand girl to pressure can green beans. She helped pick, she washed them- twice- nipped the ends, cut into pieces, jarred, lidded, put into the canner, watched the pressure gauge for 45 minutes each batch, waited for the pressure to go down then removed the jars- very carefully. She was exhausted by the end of the second batch. Now she has complete appreciation for how hard it is to preserve food. These are 3 different types of beans, colorful.

939875072_beans(1331x748).thumb.jpg.619fa2b2df64a11ca4ff838a5b8841dc.jpg

Next she's making refrigerator pickle slices using the mandolin- which she's afraid of. Told her I'll teach her how to use it safely- her mom cut the tip of her finger off with it that's how I ended up with it.

I remember spending many hours at the kitchen table doing the same with my own grandmother....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

She's been working 2 days a week with me because of my back issues so she stays with me Monday till Wednesday noon then joins me at work on Saturday. I try to teach her something new every time we're together. She really loves cooking. I started teaching her knife skills when she was very young so now she's confident with my big knives and uses them like a pro. 

I'm planning to pressure can potatoes. Hope to get 21 quarts, she'll help with those too. She really likes to harvest, like opening a present!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

That's awesome! I'm jealous! I'm also getting a truck tent set up. Been researching for a bit now. Gathering simple camping things. Have most of it but need a bit more.

Where are you folks planning on going? Local roads?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sadly, this is where my younger sister lived with a Witness family. They evacuated yesterday as the River Fire in Colfax CA swept their area. Of the 50 structures that are currently reported as being damaged or destroyed, the news copter happened to show the house she was living in.

20210805_164739.thumb.jpg.8a4880ed5fa86f0352739706c0e32d2c.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Next week going up to cottage country where youngest son lives. If skeeters not bad will stay at cottage I sold to my niece, but in the 'tent' trailer.

If US border opens up for vaccinated, we may go see buffalo round up in SD around Sept 25th.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Sadly, this is where my younger sister lived with a Witness family. They evacuated yesterday as the River Fire in Colfax CA swept their area. Of the 50 structures that are currently reported as being damaged or destroyed, the news copter happened to show the house she was living in.

Nice pool though. 😬🤪

Tell them we are glad they are all ok!!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I'm so sorry Richard, there's so much being burnt, it's crazy. I'm still shaking my head.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Wow...so sorry to hear this, the last days are getting worse every minute. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The failure of human government.  My son workd for a company that owns vast amounts of land all over the country.  He is their computer expert.  He does analyses and plans for control burns to get rid of underbrush that can cause fires.  Unfortunately, about 50% of the land is owned by the government.  They are not allowed to clean up government lands.  The company loses money because of fires that are started on government lands.  Everybody in the area is affected by the failure of human government.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation.

Edited by Witness1970

Edit: added last line