JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3420 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was in Best Buy the other day looking at tablets (mine died) and they have them all live to the Internet. By the time I left, 3 Samsung tablets, three windows laptops and a Windows desktop were all showing different streaming videos from tv.jw.org

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I was in Best Buy the other day looking at tablets (mine died) and they have them all live to the Internet. By the time I left, 3 Samsung tablets, three windows laptops and a Windows desktop were all showing different streaming videos from tv.jw.org

advertise advertise............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did that same thing at Best Buy a week ago except it was with the Samsung 65" curved smart TV. I wanted to compare the picture on the straight and curved in the 65" and 55" models. There internet remote is cool but one can also use the manual controls on the back of the TV. What I like about Best Buy is that they have several Samsung reps working in the store so you get to talk to someone that knows their product and can be of some real help in the TV and the smart Phone/Tablet departments.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I did that same thing at Best Buy a week ago except it was with the Samsung 65" curved smart TV. I wanted to compare the picture on the straight and curved in the 65" and 55" models. There internet remote is cool but one can also use the manual controls on the back of the TV. What I like about Best Buy is that they have several Samsung reps working in the store so you get to talk to someone that knows their product and can be of some real help in the TV and the smart Phone/Tablet departments.

Also, if you look on Amazon and find it cheaper (it has to be sold be Amazon not a "store" on Amazon) Best Buy will match the price. Even WalMart doesn't do that.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Just a thought.

How many Millions of Roku boxes will be sold because of the Branch entering into an arrangement for them to carry the JW Broadcasting as a channel? A company cannot buy that kind of advertising! 

Time to buy some Roku stock!  :D

(It's probably too late already)

Good point Musky. I also like the fact that finally within the past few months ago they can accept a screen mirroring via my Samsung gs4. Since it couldn't do that I've bought chromecast for all screens and am using them heavily for family worship.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Good point Musky. I also like the fact that finally within the past few months ago they can accept a screen mirroring via my Samsung gs4. Since it couldn't do that I've bought chromecast for all screens and am using them heavily for family worship.

My Samsung smart TV came with screen mirroring and my Android devices got it with the KitKat upgrade. So it made it a lot easier to send anything right to the TV with my GS4 and tablet. For JW Broadcasting, I just use the TV's web browser. Works great. 

Tho' I don't understand all the tech stuff anyone is talking about that doesn't stop me from being excited and happy for you that have gotten to implement these gadgets. Jehovah's organization is on the move. :)

John and Lynn, I LOVED your Best Buy stories!!!! What a giggle I had and hopefully, what a witness some of the other customers got!!

It's very dangerous to download plugins from somewhere besides the browser-run webstore, as evidenced by your comment of "the video app that went with it". (There is no such thing, that was malware/virus attached to the download from a disreputable site.)

Here's a real and safe download from the Google Chrome webstore:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fvd-free-video-downloader/bljniefhjahedocbcahcidhokpoonnlf

I found 6 apps added to my computer that I had to uninstall from the control panel>Programs and Features.

All were bother ware, popping up ads for stuff I don't want. I ordered the programs by date and made it easy to uninstall.

I re-loaded Chrome without problems so I think the junk apps came from the FVD downloader.

Just a thought.

How many Millions of Roku boxes will be sold because of the Branch entering into an arrangement for them to carry the JW Broadcasting as a channel? A company cannot buy that kind of advertising! 

Not too late, they are planning an IPO soon.

The construction video on the latest at JW broadcasting on Roku. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Stuck in hospital, I wish there was another new video. I'll relish what I have. It's just Sam Robertson and Mark noumair for now. I think.

Edited by AH173

Stuck in hospital, I wish there was another new video. I'll relish what I have. It's just Sam Robertson and Mark noumair for now. I think.

It's been a while since I was in the hospital. I did paint by number to pass the time. Maybe the wife can print you some of these to color.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/picture-activities/

Hoping you get well soon.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I found 6 apps added to my computer that I had to uninstall from the control panel>Programs and Features.

All were bother ware, popping up ads for stuff I don't want. I ordered the programs by date and made it easy to uninstall.

I re-loaded Chrome without problems so I think the junk apps came from the FVD downloader.

If "FVD Downloader" came as an EXE file from anywhere but the Chrome webstore, then that is likely where you got the malware. And as noted, the real plugin does NOT have a "video app", or any other additions beyond the simple and safe plugin itself.

The plugin itself installed through Chrome cannot add any secondary programs to your computer.

If you don't want to use FVD Downloader, that's your choice, but please stop blaming the legitimate and very useful plugin for the actions of malware creators misusing the name.

Just a thought.

Brought  a Roku stick last week, I  :heart: my TV.JW.ORG!

Edited by 1gemstone

If "FVD Downloader" came as an EXE file from anywhere but the Chrome webstore, then that is likely where you got the malware. And as noted, the real plugin does NOT have a "video app", or any other additions beyond the simple and safe plugin itself.

The plugin itself installed through Chrome cannot add any secondary programs to your computer.

If you don't want to use FVD Downloader, that's your choice, but please stop blaming the legitimate and very useful plugin for the actions of malware creators misusing the name.

That's a good warning telling us to only use the Chrome webstore.

Searching for FVD downloader on Google brings up many other downloads which can easily catch us unawares and install an unwanted program.

I think I installed FVD Downloader suite initially but it didn't work on my Windows 8.1 PC.

Edited by WilliamChew

I didn't have a problem using the fvd extention application.

In going over the video-that I recorded with my cell phone, discussing how to share the 7 times prophecy, I noticed at the end of it the JW Broadcasting logo and not JW.ORG. Did anyone else notice that too? ☺

In going over the video-that I recorded with my cell phone, discussing how to share the 7 times prophecy, I noticed at the end of it the JW Broadcasting logo and not JW.ORG. Did anyone else notice that too? ☺

Yes, I noticed it too. Which means it won't be shown on jw.org.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)