JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Attendance

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3317 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Bantry, Ireland. ..we have 38 publishers and had attendance of 60. ..no partakers ...I can also report that in Galway city they held 4 memorials 2 in English 1 in Irish and 1 in Romania. In Bandon congregation they have 40 publishers and had 61 in attendance, in Tralee congregation County Kerry they have 68 publishers and had 135 attendance. These are the figures I know for Ireland so far but there are many more congregations.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Here in Starke, Florida we had 132 in attendance at the Hall. Have not heard how many we had at the two prisons that are part of our Congregation.

No partakers.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'm not sure about the official number of publishers in our congregation, but the attendance is usually around 60-65. Tonight it was 116.

Sitting next to me was a young man with one of our Bibles (English, 2013 edition), and he seemed to need help finding the scriptures. I showed him the page numbers in my Bible and he got caught up fairly well. After the meeting I found out he is from Haiti, and speaks French better than English. I had a nice conversation with him about the memorial talk, translating some of the things into French that he missed. I asked him if he would like someone to call on him who speaks French better than I do, and he agreed. He was kind enough to give me his cell phone number, and the area of the city he lives in, which I passed on to our secretary. He lives in another district of the city though. Time will tell what comes of him, but I probably won't hear about it. (Ecclesiastes 11:6)

We had 2 congregations in our hall.

One at 6 pm and ours at 8 pm.

The early one (with a congregation of around 80, had an attendance of 260.

We didn't have so many; but an old study came and we had an opportunity to reconnect.

She just might be ready to have that study again.

Not sure how many at ours, but the hall was comfortably filled - possibly around 130.

2 partakers

Your prison?

Where is that?

I do some training at a local prison, and there are a few studies there.

Glad the skunk kept Away!

Personally I thought the skunk was beside me on the outside of the Hall, but the brothers open the door to let a late comer in and that where the smell came.

Haaa! Dilip you sounded so forlorn! I wanted to take pic's but the room was so crowded that it would have been the back of someone's head, or a tie or a scarf!

We met in a hotel conference room- remember we're displaced from our hall and are in the midst of a build- and they set out 130 chairs.  We had around 120 with a local total of 79 publishers. Some from the territory, some family, some visiting for the build. Have to say though I saw a few who are BS and come to the meetings occasionally. I think they are getting used to us and how friendly we are, and many comment on how we sing in our hall, we really belt it out!

No partakers.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We had 231 to attend; with 106 publishers. This was our 1st Memorial in our new hall.  Our hall was built for our cong. of 60.  But within month, neighboring cong. ( 15 miles ) was added to ours.  Some of theirs went east to Rosenberg. So, we were super packed tonight.  The Spanish cong. of about 100 pub. usually have over 200 for Memorial.  They had theirs at 7:30 pm; while ours was 9:15 pm.  I think the later time actually helped; with many coming from jobs to attend with families, etc.   But parking was bad, as lot not big enough.  Good thing there is small city park with parking spaces on one side of our hall & business parking lot on other side.

We have 5 congregations that meet in our hall

2 English, French, Tagalog, Tigrinyan

There were probably about 400 total at the first memorial, and there were quite a few faces I did not recognize tonight at ours.  I would say we had around 170 or more for ours alone and another 200 in the adjacent hall.

We had three partakers.  One lovely older sister in her 70s whose zeal is through the roof, one 60 something sister who is very quiet and private.  The last partaker is a bit of a loud mouth, puts her foot in it a lot, she works with the older sister a lot and loves her to bits.  She also had the joy of having her daughter and grandson accompany her to this evenings memorial.