JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Attendance

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3317 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We were two congregations of probably about 70 pubs each and had 403 in attendance. Our congregation normally has about 120 at the meeting.

Two years ago a young man was invited to the Memorial by a young sister who was his classmate at the University. We met him and invited him for pizza, along with another family. He was a quiet guy and barely ate any pizza. After that night we didn't know if we'd see him again, but he has continued and is now an unbaptized publisher with lots of friends in the the Truth. He said that night was like a dream. We had pizza with him at the same place tonight and we teased him about not eating much that time. :)

Edited by boodles

We have 85 publishers, Memorial attendance was 126 people, no partakers. We have 15 regular Bible students in our cong. and all of them attended the Memorial, they expressed that it was beautiful occasion for them. Many were first time and admired the way JWs remembered Jehovah and Jesus act of love.  

Just got back, every sit was taken & lots was there (don't know the attendance & we were the last ones this year) in the Lake Country Congregation, Kelowna, BC, Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gran lives there, I pray she lives long enough to come to know Jehovah.  Her husband is very opposed though, I don't know what congregation she'd belong to, they're in the Westbank area.

Why ain't anybody posting pics ?

Sent from my LG-E988

I didn't take any, actually I didn't see any being taken at all.  We had another congregation (arabic language) coming in later so had to get out pretty fast.  

211 attendance

120 publishers

(I don't know about partakers, we had two last year)

I invited the receptionist from one of the places I teach in and she phoned me on Friday afternood and said she wanted to come could I meet her.  It was pouring with rain and cold but she came.  Her mother is a newly baptised witnesses but she lives a little distance away.  The girls boyfriend is NOT happy she is associating with the witnesses but she told me she is determined to continue.  

I offtered to study the bible with here for a half hour during her lunchbreak, she agreed!  Hope she doesn't change her mind.  

We attended the Memorial at the Daytona Beach, Fl. assembly hall..The speaker was a brother from Palm Coast, Florida Bethel..the hall was packed out! Later I will find out more about attendence..there were also 2 Memorials at out Kingdom Hall..will post later!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

What was the Brother's name from Palm Coast Bethel?

I didn't hear his name..we had just given up our seats and were standing in the back against the wall where late-comers were waiting to be seated..I will try to find out everything and re-post..but John you may be able to find the particulars sooner than I can!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Here in los Ángeles area we had 243 attendance with many visitors. Mainly big families. 2 partaking. A 91 year old sister, who has pioneered for 55 years! And mid 40 year old brother who is sharp with biblical knowledge and huge zeal for the truth! Everyone in the front couldn't help but stare while they tasted the bread and wine. Good day

It will be tomorrow before I will know how many attended at the two prisons ... however, I can say that we had two baptized last weekend for English and two for Spanish on Death Row.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

What Westbank area we used to live in the Glenrosa area (that's the Peachland congregation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm drawing a complete blank on the area, I want to say primrose but I don't know if that's correct.  Glenrosa is kind of up the hill and on the way out toward Peachland right?  

My gran lost her son at the beginning of last year and I had a sister I met in Kamloops, who lives in Kelowna drop off the Can the Dead Really Live Again tract.  They had some beautiful conversation before my gran's husband shut it down -- he doesn't like us 'bible thumpers'.  If memory serves I think she did say Peachland.

That being said I've been able to keep touch with her via e-mail.  She would love our memorial, she has such a deep beautiful appreciation of the bible.  

Want to hear something very encouraging?  She has been a bible reader her whole life, cover to cover meditates on it, and she said to me 'Sharon, I think you may know the bible better than I do'.  What a testimony to the way Jehovah instructs his people!

I truly believe if someone could get past the husband, she would study.  I am positive of it, but I also think she needs someone more than me e-mailing her.  Her husband is 93 though, so he can't prevent her always.  

Plus JEHOVAH KNOWS HIS SHEEPIES!!!!  I will just keep praying and maybe I'll be able to sit with her at the next memorial!  How my heart would burst with even more joy.

I have no count as yet, but we had one partaker.   Any reports yet from our brothers/sister's in Russia? Other banned countries? 

I was wondering the same, when they were talking about 236 lands taking part in this, I thought of the ones where the work is banned and how those in areas where terrorism is a real threat how they might discreetly obey this command.  There's a couple chatters here from Russia, hope to hear their reports shortly.  

I have no count as yet, but we had one partaker.   Any reports yet from our brothers/sister's in Russia? Other banned countries? 

The count for our attendance was 168.  Lots of inactive friends and inactive bible studies who want to restart their studies.  A few new one's came as well and one person I met in the memorial track invitation work actually came with his entire family, as he said he was going to bring.  It felt good seeing someone you met in the door to door work there.