JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Attendance

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3318 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

120 publishers, and an initial count of 210 (apparently some unbaptized ones were wrongly uncounted).

The reported number of partakers will be somewhere between zero and two, depending on which elder finally wins that argument (both are multi-year partakers in good standing).

We had 5 congregations meeting together, 600 publishers about.  900 showed up for the Memorial.  Many, many came walking in their regular clothes with the invitation, so we were thrilled with that.  

Largest Memorial I ever attended.  The last few years we have had 3 congregations meeting together, this was a first for me with 5 congregations.

Not aware of any partakers, too many people there to see if any partook.

Edited by ava

I found out we had 2,997 at our Memorial at the Daytona Beach, Fl. Assembly Hall and the speaker was a school instructor from Palm Coast Bethel..plus 2 congregations that met at our KH..don't know yet..will find out tomorrow

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

We had 48 at one prison and 28 at the one with death row for a combined total of 210

Our congregation mentioned those in prison several times and my heart swelled as they did.  While in BC, I came to know an elder and his wife who have a son who committed murder, he's in for life.  While in jail, he did a complete 180, became a brother and now fights for Jehovah's people to be able to enter the jails.  As a result of his conduct, there are around 30 or so who meet in the prison where he is, and they observe the memorial.

Having a son who could have easily been in their son's position, I can deeply empathize with them and their situation.  

This was my 66th memorial celebration and it was truly special. We had a Bethel speaker from the Canada branch. His talk was outstanding. I thought that I had heard everything about the subject over the years, but he made a few points that I had not thought of before. He really spoke to my heart and made me appreciate Jehovah, Jesus and the anointed more deeply than I did before. I was profoundly thankful last night.

Our attendance for the Westlane congregation in Niagara Falls, Canada, was 162. We have about 90 publishers. I am not quite sure, because some moved in and others moved out of the congregation lately.

My daughter got sick at 3pm that day,

So we both made the discisson to take it in turns. So my daughter could stay in bed. 
I went to Austinmer at 6pm.

They have a large crowd. Maybe over 100 publishers.

Their attendance was 121. It was standing room only.

Bulli cong. My hubby went. there are normally 80 or so publishers

they had 90 in attendance.

My home cong Cronulla. were my folks go. have 130 pubs.

they had something like 200 in attendance..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Attendance: 156

Publishers: 70

No partakers

Me & my wife:

b5be8dded31b3a32a661f1c931b5f658.jpg

Hey nice to meet you both. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I can't say anything about the men clothing. However, the women clothing is pretty.

Namaste..Dilip. You both look amazing. Nice to see you both.

John - do these ones listen In?

Or do you actually have a Memorial for them on site?

I was going to say I don't know why it's so hard in Australia to do something like this.

The salvation army runs the places, spiritually speaking; like an army and we are merely tolerated.

They do not like us.

so while they tolerate a Bible study from time to time, they do NOT want it organised.

Ugh!

Afterwards I immediately asked an elder - surely you won't count Them!

He was calm, as opposed to Me! , and said - no, we won't count them.

The elders have clear guidelines on who should or should not be counted. If someone fits the printed criteria, they must be counted, regardless of any "show" in eating the emblems.

In this case, because these individuals were not baptized, they are not partakers, nor could they be rightly counted as such. Even in conversation they should not be called "partakers", because the Scriptural use of the word refers to the heavenly calling itself, which they clearly do not have. (Hebrews 3:1)

Good to know those rules apply... but it still mystifies me that the number of partakers has nearly doubled in the past twenty or so years...

Nevertheless, that is not my business, just a comment in passing.

Our congregation had some different circumstances this year. Normally our 115 or so publishers all meet together, just a few incapacitated for whom special needs are met.

Those in the Texas (a small town at the other end of our territory) group normally travel to the hall, it's one of the few times each year we see them because they usually meet in the home of a brother out there to take meetings on the phone line, though once a month a brother or two will travel out there and they have their own Sunday meeting.

This year, however, and especially because the Memorial fell on the Easter holiday weekend, a large group was up from one of the Brisbane congregations to join them and they had their own Memorial meeting under a large awning at the home of one of the sisters out there. I don't know how many attended.

So where our normal Memorial attendance is 170 or 180, this year it was 152 at the hall. No partakers as far as I know.

We also have a number of visitors from other congregations due to the holiday, so the extra numbers are not quite as large in terms of visitors from the territory as it might appear.

Again, a good talk by a local brother, some firm points about the great love shown by Jesus and Jehovah well explained.

Good to know those rules apply... but it still mystifies me that the number of partakers has nearly doubled in the past twenty or so years...

Because the number of 144,000 is not yet completed. (w08 1/15 p. 23 par. 16) In this late time there are some inactive anointed ones who are returning, some anointed ones are being replaced, and some are new selections to finish out the number.

Some believe that the new partakers are all crackpots, but the same was said of those who began partaking in the 60s and 70s, yet this group makes up nearly the entirety of the current governing body.

167 Attended. Packed hall!

119 Publishers

0 Partakers as far as i know but i did nearly spill the wine all over my wife! :sweat::oops:

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."