JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Star Wars trailer is out wow.

Back when "The Phantom Menace" was announced, I would jokingly say that armageddon was not allowed to come until Episodes I, II, and III made it to theatres, lol.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

According to my husband, Armageddon won't come till the new Stars Movie, the new Avengers movie, the new Superman/Batman movie and the Spiderman Franchise is done!  I pray every night he is dead WRONG!  We definitely need a hero right now, but that hero will be Jehovah and Jesus!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Back when "The Phantom Menace" was announced, I would jokingly say that armageddon was not allowed to come until Episodes I, II, and III made it to theatres, lol.

According to my husband, Armageddon won't come till the new Stars Movie, the new Avengers movie, the new Superman/Batman movie and the Spiderman Franchise is done!  I pray every night he is dead WRONG!  We definitely need a hero right now, but that hero will be Jehovah and Jesus!!

I enjoy the TV show, " The Flash." Lots of twists in that one.

But I still have a memory of the Superheroes in the 1960's when I was young. Haven't bought a comic in years.

Edited by Witness1970

I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out in the seventies. (Amazing since I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast sometimes) All us young ones went to see it and then at our next CA the CO discussed how unwise and improper it would be for a Christian to see such movies. Well most of us, yet in our twenties, just considered it his Old School opinion and went on about our life eagerly waiting for the next one. How times have changed.  (CO bashing not intended) Looking forward to this installment of the Series.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out in the seventies. (Amazing since I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast sometimes) All us young ones went to see it and then at our next CA the CO discussed how unwise and improper it would be for a Christian to see such movies. Well most of us, yet in our twenties, just considered it his Old School opinion and went on about our life eagerly waiting for the next one. How times have changed.  (CO bashing not intended) Looking forward to this installment of the Series.

They haven't changed that much. We still think "yeah yeah yeah" and watch what we want anyway :P

The elder who studied with me leading me up to baptism told a story of when he went to see Star Wars (as an elder) in the theatre back in the late 70's. When he was exiting, a sister coming to see another movie spotted him and was horrified and reported it to the rest of the elders. They sat him down a short time later to discuss the matter, opening with "Sister so-and-so reported that she saw you at the theatre watching Star Wars. Is this true brother?" to which he affirmed. The next thing the elders said was "It was a fantastic movie, wasn't it" lol!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Myself and two other brothers took shifts waiting in line at Grauman's Chinese theater on Hollywood blvd. for three days to get tickets for the first showing of the original Star Wars in May of 1977.

Memories! :)

I couldn't. I was only 10. :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It's funny. Star Wars came out in May (the 25th) and was considered a "summer sleeper" because, at the time, it was not heavily advertised and was full of unknown actors.

It became a hit before anyone expected it to - thus the term "sleeper" ..... and, even though it was one of the highest grossing films, it had come and gone from many theaters before it became such a hit - that is why it made a second run in theaters in the fall of the year - something that was unusual for a feature film.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Man they really did an amazing job of that trailer. Gave just enough to get the SW Fans rocked and hyped up for the release. Its amazing 20 mllion views in the first 24 hours. That has never been done before. It sure rocked the makers when that happened.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I would be lying if I said Star Wars wasn't part of my childhood, although it was Return of The Jedi that I only really remember.  Not a huge 'wait in line for days' fan but will see it when it comes out.  They have the Milenneium Falcon in it which has me a happy boy!  :lol:

• 2 months later...

They filmed a bit of it in our area. - X-wing fighters going over Derwentwater lake by the town of Keswick where we had a shop for a few years.

http://www.enjoy-cumbria.co.uk/#!STAR-WARS-FILMED-IN-CUMBRIA/c1odk/5536a83c0cf226d45e922fa0

The film crew were on holiday at Rossthwaite near Scafell mountain that overlooks the nearest largest town by Derwentwater - Keswick which is a large town with tourism as it's main industry. There is no Kingdom Hall/congregation in that large town, just a few families with a half to 3/4 hour car journey to get to another town's Kingdom Hall for meetings. Territory is not worked so often because the town it is assigned to - Maryport on the coast - which has 3 other towns and many villages on it's territory area to cover and not a large congregation with enough able-bodied with transport to cover it all regularly.

Myself and two other brothers took shifts waiting in line at Grauman's Chinese theater on Hollywood blvd. for three days to get tickets for the first showing of the original Star Wars in May of 1977. 

Memories!  :)

Final words brother: It's confirmed you're totally assimilated and merged into a collective :borg:     :lol1:

Q: What program do Jedi use to view PDF files?

A: Adobe Wan Kenobi

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I the only one who thinks that the orchestra version of our nrw song 137 could really be a theme out of a Star Wars movie?

It reminds me more of the intro to an 80ies TV-series, like Matlock, or maybe V - The Visitors, but not so much Star Wars to be honest. Song 136 is more star-wars-ish in my opinion.