JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have you ever wondered...(funny stuff only)

Tortuga

As a natural born innie, I was able to reverse (pop) it into an outie for cleaning purposes. Not such a unique talent, as many women experience the navel reversals during pregnancy. However,I have since had abdominal surgery which removed this possibility. So here's the skinny on traditional navel hygiene: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-Belly-Button

Notice that one part of this article recommends hydrogen peroxide, while another part of the same article nixes it. Witch Hazel is better. 

Notice that one part of this article recommends hydrogen peroxide, while another part of the same article nixes it. Witch Hazel is better. 

I don't like witches no matter what their name is.... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Is the cleaning procedure for a navel different for an "innie" as opposed to an "outie"?

A small dab of lighter fluid is very effective for cleaning the naval.

No matches, but if anything climbs out cut it's head off with a razor blade.

An ice pick works almost as well.

^_^

This method only works with an innie.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Have you ever wondered... :huh: 

If you're dressing to be chaste? -_- 

Or, if you're dressing to be chased? :wacko: 

You changed your font. It looks nice.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A small dab of lighter fluid is very effective for cleaning the naval.

No matches, but if anything climbs out cut it's head off with a razor blade.

An ice pick works almost as well.

^_^

This method only works with an innie.

I have found that when I lose my last chocolate chip in my navel, it is very hard to lick it out...

Actually, the hole in the donut is to ensure even cooking so that the inside of the donut is properly cooked without overcooking the outside.

Even though filled" donuts do not have a hole, there being "evenly done" is not that critical, since filling is being shoved inside.

Have you seen Polish donuts ? No holes , some no filling inside, perfect taste, perfectly baked

Holes to ensure even cooking ? Hmmmm ... Try a polish donut brother ha ha ha

Sorry have to run away .. Donut ! ........ Donut ! ........ Donut !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There are many types of donuts that do not have holes - however, that does not change the purpose for the hole. It is still to make the donut cook evenly - and quick.

A donut with a hole will cook in less time than a donut without the hole when the starting dough is the same weight and general shape/size.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The word donut comes from Dough naught. Naught was another name for zero, so original dough naughts were shaped in a circle. Also  :offtopic: being naughty, did not indicate bad behavior, but no behavior. "What are you doing?" 'Nothing.' "That's naughty."  As opposed to nautical, but we exhausted navel cleaning, somewhere else. Already cleaned my floors today, or I would be inclined to swab the decks. If you can follow this derailed train of thought, you just might have a predisposition for TS. :sleeping:

The word donut comes from Dough naught. Naught was another name for zero, so original dough naughts were shaped in a circle. Also  :offtopic: being naughty, did not indicate bad behavior, but no behavior. "What are you doing?" 'Nothing.' "That's naughty."  As opposed to nautical, but we exhausted navel cleaning, somewhere else. Already cleaned my floors today, or I would be inclined to swab the decks. If you can follow this derailed train of thought, you just might have a predisposition for TS. :sleeping:

Is that naught calories or I am naughty for wishing that is true?

Edited by Tortuga

If it were naught calories, i would be a partaker, but have skipped free donut day for years now. :chef:

You have naught naughty dough naught even if they are for naught?

There are many types of donuts that do not have holes - however, that does not change the purpose for the hole. It is still to make the donut cook evenly - and quick.

A donut with a hole will cook in less time than a donut without the hole when the starting dough is the same weight and general shape/size.

You are making me laugh !!! Defending holes with so much vigor ha ha ha

Ok you win !

The prize is a polish donut without holes ha ha ha

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Some things are done for reasons other than what many think.

In an interview with Samuel Truett Cathy (founder of Chick-Fil-A) I heard on the radio he told the why and how that the "chick-fil-a" sandwich was born. He had decided to make a chicken sandwich to compete with hamburgers - at first he was cooking whole or split chicken breasts. The sandwiches were a big hit and he needed more of them then he could make in the amount of time he had for serving lunch with his available equipment.

He came up with the idea of removing the breast meat from the bone "before" he cooked them instead of after - by doing this, he could cook twice as many of them in the same amount of time, since a boneless breast cooks so much faster then one still on the bone.

It was that simple, he developed the fried "filet" for speed - not originally for any real or perceived benefit to the flavor, texture, complete breading or any other reason - speed of cooking was the sole reason ....... this came from his own mouth in that interview.

It does make one wonder sometimes, what other things were designed the way they are for reasons other than what most think they were.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Have you ever wondered why when you are on a curvy road, the moon switches sides of the road. And today, through the smoke, I saw the sun. Why don't we see it when the sky is blue?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Have you ever wondered why when you are on a curvy road, the moon switches sides of the road.

If even the moon moves over when you drive on a curvy road have you though about taking a driving class?

:D