JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have you ever wondered...(funny stuff only)

Tortuga

I can comprehend 'flammable' and 'nonflammable'.  

In an emergency, things labeled that way would be easily understood.  

Now throw 'inflammable' into the mix.

Have you ever wondered why 'inflammable' means: Easily ignited and capable of burning rapidly?

It is incomprehensible to me why inflammable means: Easily ignited and capable of burning rapidly,

when IN in front of comprehensible means NOT comprehensible=incapable of being comprehended.  

Shouldn't something labeled inflammable be something that is NOT flammable=incapable of being burned with flames?

Highly inflammable is even more highly incomprehensible. :wacko: 

Just sayin'... ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Oh no :o ...It gets even worse: :wacko: 

attachicon.gifnoninflammable.jpg.gif

Non inflammable = Not In Flames

Not In Flames = Non Inflammable

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Irregardlessly, most of them mean the same.  Some find it incomprehendable others find it incomprehensible. Six of one, twelve of the other. It could be incredulous or incredible. Supposably, that is.

Inconceivable! - The Princess Bride

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Have you ever wondered why Adam wasn't with Eve when she went shopping for fruit?

Was there a game on TV?

Was he mowing the lawn?

If he had gone shopping with her that day, none of this would have happened...

have you ever wondered if adam refused to eat the fruit then later procreated with eve......would we be mini nephilims???? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nephillim were like mules -just sterile big jackasses :deadhorse:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

have you ever wondered why is pounds abbreviated as lbs instead of Ps like kilogram (Kg)?

lb = latin or Roman measure, which was the international standard for trading and was an acronym for Libra Pondo or 'pound on the weighing scales' The only time you hear Libra now is astronomy - as it's a constellation or as a sign of the zodiac - which was (a person holding) a pair of scales.

Have you ever wondered if Jael just misunderstood Sisara when he asked for a steak and someone to drive him to the temple?

Have you ever wondered if Adam whistled while he worked in the garden?

What would he whistle?

Have you ever wondered if Adam whistled while he worked in the garden?

What would he whistle?

"Morning Has Broken"
Sung by Cat Stevens
Written by Mark Stevens

Morning has broken like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, 
Praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the world.

Sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,

Mine is the sunlight, 
Mine is the morning,
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning,
God's recreation of the new day.

In a pitch-PERFECT baritone. ^_^ (You can whistle in baritone.  I checked.)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Perhaps he mimicked the birds?

Now you are just being too logical. This is a fun topic... :D

Have you heard people try to mimic birds? Now that is fun!

I think he was whistling a Dean Martin song;

Let me tell you about the birds and the bees

and the snake in the tree...

Yup. Moi.  I can get this male Cardinal to tweet back at me. :whistling::thumbsup: and neither of us have a Twitter account :raspberry::bouncing:

Try tweeting a priest or bishop instead.... :D