JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Centers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2671 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I imagine that in the new system when we are building our own houses that all of us will asked to build a "guest room" into the house.  When dead ones are resurrected, they will stay with us in our guest room.  In the daytime we will be making the earth a paradise, farming, planting and growing crops, and helping the "new" one construct their own home. In the evening we will be teaching and instructing them about Jehovah.  Then when they are ready, they will move out into their own home (which will also have a place for another resurrected one to stay).  After some time another newly resurrected one will come to stay with us.  Of course at some point, one of the resurrected ones will be one of own family members or friends.  (can't wait for that one!)

This is of course, just my imagination, we all have our own visions and dreams of the paradise.

A real human would be easier, no?

Yes, but this was more fun.  :)

Actually I was trying to think of ways to get around the language barrier, if there is one.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Stepping briefly back into reality. The Insight book (from the 2014 WTLIB) does the math and shows that it would be easy for resurrected ones to be greeted by a human, so it's reasonable to assume that any language barrier (if there is one) could easily be managed.

*** it-2 p. 793 Resurrection ***
How would it be possible in 1,000 years to resurrect and educate the billions now in the grave?
Nevertheless, an illustration reveals what a simple, practical thing Jehovah has in mind for mankind. Not to prophesy, but merely for the purpose of illustration, let us assume that those who compose the “great crowd” of righteous persons who “come out of the great tribulation” on this system of things alive (Re 7:9, 14) number about 6,000,000 (about 1/1000 of earth’s present population). Then if, after allowing, say, 100 years spent in their training and in ‘subduing’ a portion of the earth (Ge 1:28), God purposes to bring back three percent of this number, this would mean that each newly arrived person would be looked after by 33 trained ones. Since a yearly increase of three percent, compounded, doubles the number about every 24 years, the entire 20 billion (20,000,000,000) could be resurrected before 400 years of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign had elapsed, giving ample time for training and judging the resurrected ones without disrupting harmony and order on earth. Thus God, with his almighty power and wisdom, is able to bring his purpose to a glorious conclusion fully within the framework of the laws and arrangements he has made for mankind from the beginning, with the added undeserved kindness of the resurrection.—Ro 11:33-36.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2015 at 2:54 PM, Tortuga said:

We don't know how Jehovah will arrange the resurrections, I just thought this method sounded nice.

You been chomping down those sesame seed bagels again Richard. :lol:

It did sound nice for a human novel but what Jehovah has in mind will blow your mind I suspect.  Thanks for posting your thoughts!

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It is unlikely that when a person is resurrected they will appear in an isolated location and left to fend for themselves.When a person is resurrected there may be many persons looking forward to meeting them. Even Jehovah's servants will be confused at first as they come to grips with their resurrection. I am sure there will be some provision, such as a hotel or village to accommodate the friends and relatives of those being resurrected. There will also be provision for support of the resurrected person, until they have sufficient  understanding to fit into the new society. Those people who are not Jehovah's people will have even more to learn before they can fit into society. They will need to know that they do not need to steal or horde to find security. They will need to know where to find food and water and how to prepare it. Even what is acceptable with clothing and grooming.

When Jehovah confused the languages, he did the change so completely that the new language  became their first language. They had no recollection of their former language.

I have reason to believe Jehovah will undo this in the new system. Our first language will be the language Jehovah decides upon. Since  the object is not to separate us, we may remember our former language as our second language.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

In looking how resurrections happened in the past, I don't think there will be "resurrection centres".  To me it is a bit too clinical (sorry T).

Firstly, the dead are said to hear Jesus' voice -

• "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice" John 5:28
  • When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: “Lazʹa·rus, come out!”  - John 11:43
  • Then he said: “Young man, I say to you, get up!” And the dead man sat up and started to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. - Luke 7:14, 15

Then in all the accounts, the resurrected one is welcomed by their loved ones and in some accounts they are eat straight after:

• But he took her by the hand and called to her: “Child, get up!” And her spirit returned, and she rose immediately, and he ordered that something be given her to eat.  Well, her parents were beside themselves  - Luke 5:54 - 56
  • But Paul went downstairs, threw himself on him and embraced him (Eutychus) and said: “Stop making a commotion, for he is alive.”  He then went upstairs and began the meal and ate.  Acts 20:10
  • Then turning toward the body, he said: “Tabʹi·tha, rise!” She opened her eyes, and as she caught sight of Peter, she sat up.Giving her his hand, he raised her up, and he called the holy ones and the widows and presented her alive. - Acts 9:40, 41
  • Jehovah listened to E·liʹjah’s request, and the life of the child came back into him, and he revived.  E·liʹjah took the child and brought him down from the roof chamber into the house and gave him to his mother; and E·liʹjah said: “See, your son is alive.” - 1 Kings 17:22, 23
  • E·liʹsha now called Ge·haʹzi and said: “Call the Shuʹnam·mite woman.” So he called her and she came in to him. Then he said: “Pick up your son.”  - 2 Kings 4:36

I imagine it to be the resurrected one waking up, surrounded by loved ones. In a field, sun shining and birds singing.   Yes, and fully clothed.  That's my little imagining :)

As for ones who haven't got loved ones to welcome them back, it might be a witness acquaintance who had known them.  Or going back throughout the ages, the more recent resurrectees would be able to welcome back the generation before (as there were no witnesses before mid 1870's ish). " But each one in his own proper order" 1 Cor 15:23.

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I imagine it to be the resurrected one waking up, surrounded by loved ones. In a field, sun shining and birds singing.   Yes, and fully clothed.  That's my little imagining :)

So the only difference between your idea and the resurrection center idea is the lack of a building.   You imagine outside surrounded by friends and a resurrection center is inside surrounded by friends. 

Doesn't sound all that different to me. 

29 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

So the only difference between your idea and the resurrection center idea is the lack of a building.   You imagine outside surrounded by friends and a resurrection center is inside surrounded by friends. 

Doesn't sound all that different to me. 

sort of reminds me of the final scene in the original 1934 wizard of oz   ...   but in this scene the dream is the reality ahead!

Edited by timpin

It really won't be necessary for anyone to be resurrected around strangers unless that is Jehovah's will.  Every Armageddon survivor will know someone who will be resurrected be it family or friends.  Those newly resurrected, in turn, will likewise know someone who will be resurrected - and so on.  By following this pattern every resurrected individual would come back and be greeted by family and friends.

Spoiler about the book "The Unrighteous."

Spoiler

This was a big thing I didn't agree with in the book.  It's clear that the author had the unrighteous ones resurrected around complete strangers purely for the sake of the plot.  This is where a big source of tension or conflict comes from in the novel - the resurrected unrighteous are fish out of water and surrounded by strangers in  a completely strange setting.  It didn't feel like something our loving God would do and, of course, those characters reacted the way they did in the story.

For the anointed, they are resurrected according to an order (1 Cor 15:23). I should think the earthly resurrection would also be in an orderly way, so descendants would welcome their ancestors. As in Bible times resurrected ones were surrounded by loved ones, I think it would happen that way too in the future, in a natural setting.  So I also don't think they be greeted by strangers either.

30 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

For the anointed, they are resurrected according to an order (1 Cor 15:23). I should think the earthly resurrection would also be in an orderly way, so descendants would welcome their ancestors. As in Bible times resurrected ones were surrounded by loved ones, I think it would happen that way too in the future, in a natural setting.  So I also don't think they be greeted by strangers either.

Not everyone has descendants....

38 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I was thinking that because everyone has parents and maybe siblings, which ever one learns the truth first, they will teach their child and sibling..also, there will be meetings to help ones widen out in their associations. We definitely see evidence of the angels today helping us in our preaching and teaching work...and during the resurrection we will benefit from the kingly and priestly blessings of Christ and his Bride! Every help will prevail...no chance of disorder!

I wonder what perfectly brewed organic coffee will taste like!  Not that we will need it to stay awake! :coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Love this subject. The thing is, the Bible is silent as to how the earthly resurrection will take place. The only thing we know for sure is that it WILL happen, how? We'll have to wait & see, but it's good to share our own thoughts & ideas. Me & my girls do it all the time! ( how will their dad, my hubby come back is a subject we talk about all the time!) & in fact we are encouraged by the FS to visualize life in the new world. Soon it will be a reality! 

After listening and watching the music video  "Just Around The Corner" several times,  I realized or at least think  that the elderly couple is the younger couple in the new system and their daughter is running to them (outside) after being resurrected.   So the father and mother grow young before their little girl is resurrected.  Just an observation.  As Jothob said we don't know specifics yet but fun to speculate! 

13 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

In looking how resurrections happened in the past, I don't think there will be "resurrection centres".  To me it is a bit too clinical (sorry T).

Firstly, the dead are said to hear Jesus' voice -

• "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice" John 5:28
  • When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: “Lazʹa·rus, come out!”  - John 11:43
  • Then he said: “Young man, I say to you, get up!” And the dead man sat up and started to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. - Luke 7:14, 15

Then in all the accounts, the resurrected one is welcomed by their loved ones and in some accounts they are eat straight after:

• But he took her by the hand and called to her: “Child, get up!” And her spirit returned, and she rose immediately, and he ordered that something be given her to eat.  Well, her parents were beside themselves  - Luke 5:54 - 56
  • But Paul went downstairs, threw himself on him and embraced him (Eutychus) and said: “Stop making a commotion, for he is alive.”  He then went upstairs and began the meal and ate.  Acts 20:10
  • Then turning toward the body, he said: “Tabʹi·tha, rise!” She opened her eyes, and as she caught sight of Peter, she sat up.Giving her his hand, he raised her up, and he called the holy ones and the widows and presented her alive. - Acts 9:40, 41
  • Jehovah listened to E·liʹjah’s request, and the life of the child came back into him, and he revived.  E·liʹjah took the child and brought him down from the roof chamber into the house and gave him to his mother; and E·liʹjah said: “See, your son is alive.” - 1 Kings 17:22, 23
  • E·liʹsha now called Ge·haʹzi and said: “Call the Shuʹnam·mite woman.” So he called her and she came in to him. Then he said: “Pick up your son.”  - 2 Kings 4:36

As for ones who haven't got loved ones to welcome them back, it might be a witness acquaintance who had known them.  Or going back throughout the ages, the more recent resurrectees would be able to welcome back the generation before (as there were no witnesses before mid 1870's ish). " But each one in his own proper order" 1 Cor 15:23.

All resurections in the past were done within a week of the death, the surrounding were very familiar. Nothing had realy changed. In contrast, those resurected in the new system will have everything changed. Their health, their surroundings,their community. Even if they have family to greet them, they will have changed. Jehovah recognizes that these huge changes can be stressful, that is why, when Jesus restored sight to the blind man it was done in stages. I am sure that Jehovah will show this same compassion to the resurected ones. Whether or not there will be resurection centers or not I do not know. I only know that Jehovah has always done things in an orderly way and that he takes into account the feelings of his creations.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

21 hours ago, Tortuga said:

No,  but the reasoning is sound. Parents, children, nieces or nephews,  cousins,  aunts or uncles,  friends, acquaintances,  neighbors...  This covers everyone. 

13 hours ago, jjsunray said:

After listening and watching the music video  "Just Around The Corner" several times,  I realized or at least think  that the elderly couple is the younger couple in the new system and their daughter is running to them (outside) after being resurrected.   So the father and mother grow young before their little girl is resurrected.  Just an observation.  As Jothob said we don't know specifics yet but fun to speculate! 

Yes,  you are correct.  The older couple at the end lost their daughter in death at a young age.   They were the young couple the video focused on and their daughter was the little girl running up to them near the end.  Throughout the video we see the young couple made preparations to welcome her back.  

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Yes,  you are correct.  The older couple at the end lost their daughter in death at a young age.   They were the young couple the video focused on and their daughter was the little girl running up to them near the end.  Throughout the video we see the young couple made preparations to welcome her back.  

Think of the reverse situation.  The older couple could have lost a child just a year or so before the scene we saw in the video (it would not have tugged at our hearts quite as much).  Then the parents would be young again but the older child would be young again also, based on the decision of Jesus as to "proper" resurrection age.  Any folks from the past would have died "old" and they are now young and might be welcoming back relatives they never really knew well, who will be younger too.  So the recognition component will be determined in such a way as to be perfect, complete and comforting for all involved.

On 25/12/2016 at 5:12 PM, Hartley said:

It is unlikely that when a person is resurrected they will appear in an isolated location and left to fend for themselves.When a person is resurrected there may be many persons looking forward to meeting them. 

When Jehovah confused the languages, he did the change so completely that the new language  became their first language. They had no recollection of their former language.

When those Jesus resurrected were brought back to life, the bible has spoken about their family members being there to welcome them back,  which shows just how loving Jehovah is and how much thought he is put into the resurrection. We will have to wait and see just how Jehovah intends to carry out the order in which those to be resurrected are brought back. HOWEVER, one thing is for sure as we are servants of Jehovah, we are one huge united family. 

In the video's and the publications the FDS has  always pointed towards Jehovah resurrecting the ones we have lost through death near the family members. My grandmother who served Jehovah until the day she past, always said that even though she had moved countries she had such strong faith in Jehovah, that he could reunited her with the daughter she lost in sleep even in another country. She would say that, "Jehovah is a God of Love, so why would he back her daughter in a country where she would have no family now." I tend to agree with this point. For the last few years the FDS have showed us through videos at our conventions our loved ones bring greeted back by those they love. Remember the 3 conventions ago (that had almost everyone crying) of the family that lost a loved one, later in that video you saw them welcome the sister back.

Did Our Languages Come From the “Tower of Babel” w13 9/1 p. 11

The Bible account says that at Babel, God acted to “confuse their language that they may not listen to [“understand,” footnote] one another’s language.” (Genesis 11:7) As a result, the workers “left off building the city” of Babel and were scattered “over all the surface of the earth.”     The bible describes the sudden appearance of several apparently fully developed new languages, each capable of expressing the range of human feeling and thought and each different and distinct from the others.

So as shown, Jehovah in the past was able to confuse the language into many different FULL languages, each different and distinct from the others.  On that thought , then how much more simpler/easier would it be for Jehovah to let us all one morning wake up speaking a new language. Maybe we will all wake up speaking and understanding a completely new language, a truly united loving language of 'unity' a'pure language'.

•  

Here is my dream!  When we toured all the WT facilities in New York in 1995 I remember loving the small apartments that the couples had.  We were guests of one of the brothers that was on the HLC and his wife worked in the mail room.  We were able to share lunch with them in the dining room and at the end of their work day we took them to dinner at Juniors.  I vaguely remember them calling for transportation and a van driven by a brother came to the front door and took us and dropped us off and later returned for us.  After dinner,  They showed us their apartment while we had Juniors cheesecake!  They told us they could choose to have supper in the dining room or if the preferred they could stay 'home'  and enjoy the night in and make dinner theirself.

i loved that idea!  I also remember back in the 1970's the hippie movement and hearing about communes.  

It seemed a little like that.  I thought of having different styles of living.  Apartments, homes, etc.  I envisioned neighborhoods with playgrounds and swimming pools where children could meet with other children and play and swim without fear of harm.  I thought about homes that had living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms and a kitchen but also a community kitchen with a huge living area and dining area where ones could gather a fix a huge dinner for everyone to share.  Sort of like Bethel, or you could stay home and have dinner in.

i have thought that I would want to live in every house under the sun!  Every hundred years or so we would just rotate homes like musical chairs.  You would get new neighbors and new KH's with each move.  I remember Brother Chuck Velour (misspelled?) in LA giving a talk about life in Paradise.  He mentioned being able to boulder our homes that would last for a thousand years or more then when it wore our or we wanted to live in another place being able to build a different type or style of home.  Maybe we learned from our previous house something we wanted to incorporate or a feature we had that we do not want again!   I do know this.  I want the home to incorporate lots of natural materials and have lots of windows to see and interact with nature!

i want to have each of you as a neighbor at some point!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!