JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I had to wait a day to post this. So mad yesterday.

Our Brother lives in Eastern Ontario. He goes to the hospital because of leg pain in his calf. They look at it and find its a cist. They examine it and lean it out. they send him home. This is at a hospital in a small town. He goes into Belleville Hospital because his leg is so sore he can't walk on it. He is older pushing 80 yo. They look at his leg and are disgusted. They decide that they need to go in and clean it out. His leg was so swollen that the swelling cut off the flow of blood to his calf. They cut the leg from the knee to the ankle on both sides to relieve the pressure.   After a day they decide to close it up but can only stitch one side because the swelling is so bad. They determine the calf muscle has died and today they are operating to take all the muscle out of his lower leg. 

It seams the hospital on Colbourg Ontario screwed up cleaning the leg out and didn't pack it with antibiotics. They may have to amputate his leg. They won't know until the surgeon takes the muscle tissue out. Jehovah has a lost of justice to dispense in this Provence when the time comes. 

You would think Doctors would know better with all their training. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Dear Brother, I am so sorry for what your brother is enduring. Five years ago, one of my sons, aged 27, was run over by a truck being driven by a drunk. The local hospital misdiagnosed it. He actually had compartment syndrome, but it it took me several emergency visits to get him to a bigger hospital that actually knew what compartment syndrome is. He also had knee to ankle incisions on both sides, called fasciotomies. He has had seven surgeries in five years and still may be at risk of losing his leg if he goes ahead with the two more surgeries. Is Bellview Hospital MUCH more competent than the one in Colbourg? This type of medical error is not uncommon. Please, check around and find out if this hospital is experienced in wound care, as it appears the first hospital severely inured him in their mistreatment.  Praying, YS, pauline

He is our Brother in the Faith. He is not my fleshly Brother. He is going in Tomorrow for surgery. Belleville is better than most of the others in the area. Most others are no more than a glorified first aid stop. Pity anyone that has to go near them. I am so glad my inlaws are back down where we are.

Edited by Greg Dent

He is our Brother in the Faith. He is not my fleshly Brother. He is going in Tomorrow for surgery. Belleville is better than most of the others in the area. Most others are no more than a glorified first aid stop. Pity anyone that has to go near them. I am so glad my inlaws are back down where we are.

I wasn't sure if it was our Spiritual brother. Glad he is in a a more qualified medical setting. Many, including myself, will be thinking/praying tomorrow. How fortunate for you to have in laws nearby.  :)

Greg,

Please give him our best and we pray that everything works out for the better for our dear Christian brother.     Sometimes I think physicians get their license from a cracker jacks box.    The stunts they pull sometimes.        It's like......what were you thinking?    Or NOT thinking!

Greg,

Please give him our best and we pray that everything works out for the better for our dear Christian brother.     Sometimes I think physicians get their license from a cracker jacks box.    The stunts they pull sometimes.        It's like......what were you thinking?    Or NOT thinking!

When my son was in and out of the local Emergency Room, he never saw a doc. Only nurses. Glad our brother is getting better care, now. 

Edited by kejedo

I know but I still expect better skill than a 1st year attending when you go to a hospital for emergency care like this. They could have killed him. At any rate I will update everyone when I find out more. He goes in for surgery today June 27. I don't know what time but I will let you guys know as soon as I can.

This is a brother that is very active. He does the watchtower study in his Congregation. He is always out in service. My inlaws became good friends with them while they were up there. As soon as my Father in Law found out he liked fishing they were good fast friends. It warmed my heart to hear that. My Father in law has a hard time finding friends. He is a bit shy and that hinders him. 

His Daughter is in my Sisters Cong in Bancroft. That is at the south east corner of Algonquin park here in Ontario. Its about an hour east doing 80 KPH or what 50 MPH. 

He will never walk again with no muscle in his leg. They may take the leg at the knee now. They won't know until they go in and find out all the damage. The bone may be damaged by now.It would be better for him if they do I think. 

The stress he is under now must be incredible. To make it worse one of the nurses came into his room and whipped the covers back because she was it was bleeding and he saw his whole leg. I guess he freaked. He didn't have a picture of how bad it had gotten until then. Pretty brain dead on the nurses part. That was in Bellevile Hospital or I think its called Quinty Health. I know he will appreciate the prayers my friends. Im not sure but I think he is in his mid 70's right now. 

Poor dear Brother. So sorry for what he has to go through Glen.

Yes definetly praying. I learnt a long time ago not to trust Drs.  Jehovah is the real Dr & will cure all needs. Long live that day. A supposed Trained Dr got it wrong with the epidural 7 yrs ago. Now my bACK plays havock. I could share many stories. May Jehovah be with this Brother. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What were they thinking? They weren't.

Last summer after my CABG ( open heart bypass ), I picked up a massive double "Staph" infection.

Went to hospital at 5AM on a Sunday, because it had popped green :sick: stuff out of incision.

A young lady doctor came down from surgical not cardiac.

Looked at infection, made a deep cut 3-4" long and drained infection. Cleaned it up and called cardiac.

The cardiac resident on duty told her to pack wound and send me home with Rx for antibiotics. He never came down to look. :wall:

Over ruled she had no choice but to do as instructed. :oops:

By late afternoon I was in bad shape and wife called and the practical nurse looked at the charts and sent an ambulance, stating that I should not have been sent home..

Back in ER, another nurse  came in, disgusted that I was back and thought she recognized my wife. Nurse stated to my wife,'Weren't you in here the other day with your daughter?' ( implying we were medical junkies or such- wasting resources ) My wife replyed coldly 'I don't have a daughter!'  :poke::nuke:

Later when up in cardiac ward, with IV in with antibiotics and dressing changed, wound thoroughly examined, that same rude nurse came up and saw me, recognizing me 'Weren't you in ER a little while ago?'  Answering her 'Yes, I should not have been sent home this morning' X( 

The hospital had to eat the ambulance costs, because being on disability, I don't have to pay.

Turns out the infection was really nasty and they put in a PIC line and change antibiotics to a much stronger one, too strong for normal veins, put on a vaccum bandage. Was in hospital for 5 days then sent home with daily nursing care for next six weeks - with an IV pump system. (td):eek:

Unfortunately, the original CABG was only single, he couldn't do the 2nd one, so I still have ongoing, unresolved angina, using medications to hopefully help.

The risk of invasive - angioplasty outweighs the benefit at present time.

Got to go and remove Holter monitor, just had another echo at my regular cardiologist's yesterday.

Just as new song about the Kingdom "Let it Come!" :thumbsup::pray: :pray:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

What were they thinking? They weren't.

Last summer after my CABG ( open heart bypass ), I picked up a massive double "Staph" infection.

Went to hospital at 5AM on a Sunday, because it had popped green :sick: stuff out of incision.

A young lady doctor came down from surgical not cardiac.

Looked at infection, made a deep cut 3-4" long and drained infection. Cleaned it up and called cardiac.

The cardiac resident on duty told her to pack wound and send me home with Rx for antibiotics. He never came down to look. :wall:

Over ruled she had no choice but to do as instructed. :oops:

By late afternoon I was in bad shape and wife called and the practical nurse looked at the charts and sent an ambulance, stating that I should not have been sent home..

Back in ER, another nurse  came in, disgusted that I was back and thought she recognized my wife. Nurse stated to my wife,'Weren't you in here the other day with your daughter?' ( implying we were medical junkies or such- wasting resources ) My wife replyed coldly 'I don't have a daughter!'  :poke::nuke:

Later when up in cardiac ward, with IV in with antibiotics and dressing changed, wound thoroughly examined, that same rude nurse came up and saw me, recognizing me 'Weren't you in ER a little while ago?'  Answering her 'Yes, I should not have been sent home this morning' X(

The hospital had to eat the ambulance costs, because being on disability, I don't have to pay.

Turns out the infection was really nasty and they put in a PIC line and change antibiotics to a much stronger one, too strong for normal veins, put on a vaccum bandage. Was in hospital for 5 days then sent home with daily nursing care for next six weeks - with an IV pump system. (td):eek:

Unfortunately, the original CABG was only single, he couldn't do the 2nd one, so I still have ongoing, unresolved angina, using medications to hopefully help.

The risk of invasive - angioplasty outweighs the benefit at present time.

Got to go and remove Holter monitor, just had another echo at my regular cardiologist's yesterday.

Just as new song about the Kingdom "Let it Come!" :thumbsup::pray: :pray:

Where's the don't like button?

Got an update from my sister. He went into surgery today and it went really well. There was no damage to the tendons thank Jehovah. They got the blood flow restored and the swelling went down. They were able to stitch him up. I think with drain tubes. He may be able to have him go home tomorrow or monday. On my phone right now so not a lot of options to edit. I will check back later.

If you all don't mind, I'll like to share a story. It was in a magazine I used to read, faithfully, every month before the price started going up. The storyvwas titled "Unnecessary surgeries." It literally broke my heart. I mean, there were others but this one just torn me up.

A newly married couple. They decided to wait until they begin having children though they wanted children. One day the wife began complaining of back pains. The husband took her to a Gynecologist (why I still don't get that). The diagnosis was she needs a complete hysterectomy (fir you brothers that means everything....uterus, tubes, overies...out). But after a while, the wife's back pain returned. This time he took her to an Orthopedist (I'm thinking it's where he should have taken her the first time). The diagnosis?

Sometimes things in our body may or doesn't show up till later and in this case that's exactly what happened. Turns out that all her life one leg was shorter than the other. So all she needed was

Edited by Luezette

Sorry.

So all she needed was a special lift in her shoe to even things out. Back pain vanished.

In the meantime, here we have newly weds who want children but will never be able to. Did they sue the Gyn? I don't know. But if they did all the money in the world won't heal their sorrow of not being able to have children from each other. Were they JW's? I don't know. If they were they have the hope of having children in the new world. If they weren't, I hope they studied and are now.

That story just torn me up. So sad.