JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Many thanks for this forum

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3047 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the creators, moderators and everyone that contribute to this fine site. 

I work in a very highly career focused corporate office where everything is very cut-throat/negative - the usual garbage in the world.  Unfortunately, being the only JW here at work can sometimes make me feel alone.  But when I feel that way I like to login here and just get some refreshment, knowing that I am not the only one that struggles everyday.  Of course the go-to guide is the Bible and literature but also nice to be here and get built-up too.

Thanks again my brothers.

:)

What type of work do you do?

Do you want to talk about it?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the creators, moderators and everyone that contribute to this fine site. 

I work in a very highly career focused corporate office where everything is very cut-throat/negative - the usual garbage in the world.  Unfortunately, being the only JW here at work can sometimes make me feel alone.  But when I feel that way I like to login here and just get some refreshment, knowing that I am not the only one that struggles everyday.  Of course the go-to guide is the Bible and literature but also nice to be here and get built-up too.

Thanks again my brothers.

:)

I agree! Even though I have stated the same sentiments twice - YOU have up built me. About to go to work now. Thank you.  :)

Finance.  Not very exciting stuff lol!

Do you deal directly with any customers or clients that you can witness to?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This was the first JW site I've ever joined...so glad I got it right on the 1st try. Despite the eye rolls that I get for mentioning that I'm on the site...I am glad I stuck around. It has been the most enlightening experience.

December will be a year and I've gain so much insight and a broader perspective on many personal and scriptural matters. Thanks!

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

There is something different here which many would have not noticed. In a congregation, we sometimes are neglected, discouraged, or left out. Here, we always have love and encouragement. More than that, we all have become brilliant compared to others, in the sense, we discuss many spiritual things here and that too daily.

And more important, we are 24 hours available to each other because of the different time zones.

It's a blessing for the real Matthew 5:3 followers..

Love me and get more love in return.....!

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Yvette, I'm originally from upstate New York but now live in the Midwest!!!

But for everyone else, I too am so glad to have this wonderful place to come. I get so much encouragement and learn so much scripturally from being in here and reading the comments of so many of the brothers and sisters in here that are so studious and truly want the mind of Christ!

I am not on any other social media but this forum, and this forum is the only social media I need! Thanks to all the brothers and sisters in here that make being in here such a wonderful experience! A big shout out to the Moderators who make this such a good experience for all of us!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yvette, I'm originally from upstate New York but now live in the Midwest!!!

But for everyone else, I too am so glad to have this wonderful place to come. I get so much encouragement and learn so much scripturally from being in here and reading the comments of so many of the brothers and sisters in here that are so studious and truly want the mind of Christ!

I am not on any other social media but this forum, and this forum is the only social media I need! Thanks to all the brothers and sisters in here that make being in here such a wonderful experience! A big shout out to the Moderators who make this such a good experience for all of us!

Do you miss NY? 

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

No, not really. It was very desolate and isolated by the time we left. But the sunsets were next to none as far as beauty was concerned! I miss them. We lived only 3 miles from Canada and no one in our area had jobs anymore. It was very depressed area.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Totally agree - it is nice to have a forum like this!  Thanks to Bob!

So true...and the moderators that work so hard to keep us in line...and everyone that has donated to help keep the lights on...

Thanks to all of you who contribute. It has been a pleasure to know my brothers and sisters from around the world.

Thanks to the numerous questions, I have done WAY MORE research than I would have otherwise.

Thanks to your excellent answers, I can better explain God's word.

Thanks to the news section, which always keeps me up to the minute updated.

Thanks to the ALT News section I understand conspiracy theories better and how easy it is for people to believe the most crazy and outrageous things! I mean - who knew alien Illuminati were actually controlling the world (wait, doesn't Lucifer mean "angel of light" - see :) )

I have had the privilege of helping some and being helped by many.

Much love to you all :grouphug:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....