JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2016 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

27 minutes ago, juliansan said:

Can someone please post the link to the new brochure when available?

From what was said, it should be on JW Library and JW.ORG later today. It's coming :superman:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Anyone have the link to the new Morning Worship? Practice Godly Devotion In Our Own Household, David Schafer. I can wait but it would be nice to finish the DVD early for the elderly and infirm I am working on.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 minutes ago, Andrejrulz said:

Modify the monthly broadcast link on the pub section. Find where it says "pub=jwb" and change it to "pub=jwbmw". If it's up there, you should see it.

Sent from my LG Spirit 4G using Tapatalk

There should be a cheat sheet on how to decipher the links to switch publications and check recent publications.  The only one I know how to do is to change jw.org/en to jw.org/es

41 minutes ago, rocket said:

Anyone have the link to the new Morning Worship? Practice Godly Devotion In Our Own Household, David Schafer. I can wait but it would be nice to finish the DVD early for the elderly and infirm I am working on.

Just waiting for morning worship program myself.

It is up if you change jwb to jwbmw 

oops not in English Maybe in a few.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

51 minutes ago, rocket said:

I used the following URL.  It takes you to the Morning Worship by David Schafer and it shows all of the languages available BUT it only downloads in Albanian at the moment.  Give it a little more time and click on English but make sure the title changes to English as well.

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbmw&issue=201605

1 minute ago, Jonathan77 said:

New goal.  Learn Albanian

I've been thinking the same thing except sometimes it's ASL...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

57 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I used the following URL.  It takes you to the Morning Worship by David Schafer and it shows all of the languages available BUT it only downloads in Albanian at the moment.  Give it a little more time and click on English but make sure the title changes to English as well.

I tried to open the page here and it appears blank. :crying:

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I just typed the URL from my desktop and it took me to the site.  The English version is up but they only have 240, 360 and 480P right now.  I normally download in 720P, so I will wait a little longer.

When I changed the language to English, it gave me all 4 resolutions.

16 minutes ago, mserskine said:

When I changed the language to English, it gave me all 4 resolutions.

I got all 4 resolutions for the May JW broadcasting video not the morning worship as discussed in May monthly video. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Okay, here's my first-viewing take-aways from May's Broadcast:

As usual...

WARNING.gif.95472eee808dea0ae949b2304779

Spoiler alert!  
Don't read this post if you haven't seen May's broadcast!

Theme Scriptures:  Ephesians 3:14-19

Glorify Jehovah!  Jehovah will help us be mighty on the inside and help us counter Satan's attacks on our families.

Christ needs to dwell in our hearts--constantly.  If he dwells in our hearts, our families will survive and thrive.  We won't have

spiritual 'blind spots'.  Christ-like love MUST be applied to treat 'Family Diabetes'.  Treatment: Daily injections of insulin/love,

avoid sickeningly sweet junk food/Satan's unhealthy forms of entertainment, daily partake of wholesome nourishment/Jehovah's

wise counsel.

(The little girl's comment about seeing Caleb's grandfather on the big screen was a hoot!)

Read Psalm 23, substituting husband for the loving shepherd.  Family heads protect and nourish us,

just as the Fine Shepherd and the Great Shepherd do.

Treasure Jesus' personality and let it dwell in our hearts.

Video showing the importance of Family Worship and an interview with the Ortez family and how

they managed to successfully counter Satan's attacks.  Family head's favorite Scriptures:

Philippians 4:6&7 PRAYER=Jehovah hears and gives us peace of mind and safeguards our heart

(Philippians 4:6, 7) Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

(Isaiah 41:10) Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.’

and Proverbs 31, about how important it is to have a good wife.

The surprise appearance of the couples' two sons was very touching.

I appreciated the one son's comment on how his dad always shared the Daily Text with him and then encouraged him to behave and reminded him that Jehovah loves him.

And how it was easy for the youngest boy to transition into full-time service at 14, because he was already putting in the hours, just by being out with his pioneering family members.

Love and respect permeated their home and made it a joy to serve Jehovah and remain faithful to him.

Video of a couple from Russia who, along with 10 others, travel to Siberia to witness.

Rough it in the great outdoors, dress simply with no ties.  They find more receptive householders than unresponsive ones.

Service to Jehovah: Noon to five, followed by fun and relaxation.  The couple gets to draw closer to one another and Jehovah, and

recharge their spiritual batteries.

Dramatization of a family who was forced to relocate because of work.

Even though your location may have to change, your spiritual routine can remain the same.

(Matthew 7:25) And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and lashed against that house, but it did not cave in, for it had been founded on the rock.

Let your spiritual routine be your sound foundation.  Requires hard work and planning.

The family visited their new congregation and worked out in service with the brothers and sisters there.

Had to adapt to new preaching techniques and keep a positive view of others.

By focusing on their Family Worship, they were able to remain spiritually grounded.

Video:

A sister who was too young for marriage but was tempted to begin dating.

Young couples in her school looked happy together and she wanted to experience that joy, too.

Parents prayed about the matter and were able to give her sound Scriptural counsel.

They listened carefully and explained her feelings were normal.  Jehovah created us with the

desire to find a loving mate.  It was just not the proper time to act on those feelings.

A person should not consider dating until they are mature enough for marriage, both physically and

spiritually.

Good illustration about what a coordinated effort it takes for figure skaters to glide smoothly and gracefully

across the rink.

Allow Jehovah to be your guide in this matter.

(Psalm 32:8) “I will give you insight and instruct you in the way you should go. I will give you advice with my eye upon you."
Waiting allows one to prepare him/her self for marriage.  Spiritual upbringing benefits everybody.

Brother Erich Frost:

Born in 1900, baptized in 1923 and began pioneering in 1928, received his heavenly reward in 1987.

Composed a Kingdom melody in the middle of a Nazi concentration camp, where he spent nine long years:

The colored drawings that accompanied the music and lyrics were drawn by another brother in a different 

Nazi prison.

"Free from fault, but with freedom cut off.  Heads raised high, the enemies scoff.

They would like to rule us: yes, they would like to rule us.  

Though where we stand, we only hear our King's command.  He alone can lead us safely:

he alone can lead us safely.  Witnesses of Jehovah in the enemy land, far from home and cut off

from those we love.  Raise your eyes to him whose hand is now stretched out to you.

Jehovah's Witnesses are undaunted when the struggle rages in the heat of battle.

The fetters are hard and the chains heavy; mighty is the arm that protects us."

The song provided encouragement for the 40 brothers who were imprisoned with him.

Though they couldn't sing it aloud in front of their SS guards.

Song 17 "Forward You Witnesses" is based on Brother Frost's song.

Music Video:

A song for couples desiring to serve in the foreign language field.

"Step On Over"

You may be contemplating, 'Should I make the move?'

Prayerfully meditating, 'Jehovah, what should I do?'

So let's just take a moment and try to help you decide.  

Cuz, if you step on over, you'll be so happy you tried.

You gotta step on over and leave your worries behind.

Cuz, when you step on over, you will be blessed if you try.

Oh-oh-uh, step on over...step on over...that Macedonia line.

The preaching work is amazing, with overwhelming success.

You'll be appreciating how strangers give you their (thanks/best?)

And you will draw even closer to Jehovah each day.

Cuz he will always be there to help you and (guide?) you every step of the way.

You gotta step on over and leave your worries behind.

Cuz, when you step on over, oh-oh the treasures you'll find.

Maybe you're thinkin' it's over and wonderin' if it's right.

Oh-oh you gotta step on over.  You will be blessed if you try.

Oh-oh-uh step on over...step on over...you gotta step on over...that Macedonia line.

Encouraged to view Br. Shaefer's new Morning Worship video.

New 32 page brochure: Answers to 10 Questions Young People Ask

Contains updated and re-written articles that will benefit us all.

How can the Bible benefit me? can help direct householders to a personal Bible study.

Coming out in 324 languages, many of which haven't already had these publications translated into.

Can download electronic copies or order paper copies through our congregations.

Greetings from our Worldwide Brotherhood came from the Ukraine this month.

Lip-smackingly tasty spiritual treats--as always!^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif