JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2016 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2901 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Did anyone notice the small segment in this month's broadcast about the preaching work of our Russian brethren? They had the latest revision of the NWT in there hands! Through Divine intervention, the literature is getting through to Jehovah's people there.

This reminds me of an experience I wish to share:  In 1996, a friend and I took a trip labeled "The Bible Lands Cruise" on the Mediterranean.  We docked and toured Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Greece and Crete.  When the ship made a stopover in Cairo, we welcomed aboard a local brother who told us how Jehovah's holy spirit was enabling the friends there to "preach undergound" despite the ban in that country as well as in most Arab nations.  He gave us a few encouraging experiences and afterwards, many of us rushed up to him to shake his hand and to express our gratitude.  Interestingly, we found out at the end of our journey that this "trip to Egypt" was more than a "meet and greet" occasion and proved beneficial to the local friends there.

With Jehovah's holy spirit, his word is getting in these countries where the work is greatly restricted. :yes:

Hmm, I'll have to watch it again. I may be mistaken if it was Ukraine.  Point being...if the brothers and sisters were denied their spiritual food by the governmental authorities, would it not seem feasible that Jehovah would create some means to get the literature to Russia and elsewhere where the work is banned?  I pray that is the case.

Yesterday I saw the May'16 broadcast! It was wonderful of course though I really can't share in it because I was feeling a little out of it while watching it due to this bronchitis.

Sooo, I'll watch it again when I'm  feeling a little better. 

But, and this is strange at least to me anyway, last night I saw how the brothers do the Bible reading and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe because after the kinda fitful watching of the broadcast I took a nap, though it wasn't planned? The body is a strange thing.

It's good to  keep in mind that the individual family units in each congregation are the basic foundations for the individual congregations, so it is urgent to keep the families strong. I am single by circumstance, not really by choice. Because I live with my brother brother, we do have a semblance of a family unit. He is the spiritual head and does the 'man' things in the household, although we both do kitchen duty and I do a lot of research and  spiritual  preparation for both of us. He doesn't even know how to turn the computer on. ( He also listens to me when I threaten to shoot the computer.)  We all have to serve Jehovah to the best of our abilities and pray for his direction in everything. We all know that  this system will end right on time  so we must remain strong within our congregation so it will flourish.

7 hours ago, Luezette said:

Yesterday I saw the May'16 broadcast! It was wonderful of course though I really can't share in it because I was feeling a little out of it while watching it due to this bronchitis.

Sooo, I'll watch it again when I'm  feeling a little better. 

But, and this is strange at least to me anyway, last night I saw how the brothers do the Bible reading and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe because after the kinda fitful watching of the broadcast I took a nap, though it wasn't planned? The body is a strange thing.

you just gotta "go with the flow", Luzette!

23 minutes ago, juliansan said:

How can you activate the subtitles? 

On the JW Broadcasting home page, click the settings button in upper right hand corner. 

In in settings you will see "Video Subtitles". Check the box that says "Display subtitles when available" then click "Save" in the upper right hand corner.

58 minutes ago, mserskine said:

On the JW Broadcasting home page, click the settings button in upper right hand corner. 

In in settings you will see "Video Subtitles". Check the box that says "Display subtitles when available" then click "Save" in the upper right hand corner.

I did not know this. Thank you!

On 5/8/2016 at 6:43 PM, timpin said:

was it me only or did I push a wrong button or did anyone else notice  the broadcast has subtitles now?

On 5/8/2016 at 9:33 PM, leoperales said:

Yes, they added subtitles. They sure helped when it came to the Ortiz family experience.

I was also shocked because I make sure subtitles appear... The ortiz family were very encouraging 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On Monday, May 02, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Skye said:

A little OT:

I'm a great lover of jazz.....the brother who did the May 2016 music video sounds A LOT like Michael Franks....So talented!

There are 2 of them i think, the one is who look like in our cover today in mwb. The other is whome he duet often in some of the songs. I can pinpoint it if you post picture of the choir ... hehe

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

39 minutes ago, Alexa said:

There are 2 of them i think, the one is who look like in our cover today in mwb. The other is whome he duet often in some of the songs. I can pinpoint it if you post picture of the choir ... hehe

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

Thanks....they've got awesome  vocals.