JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2016 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2901 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

39 minutes ago, mserskine said:

When I clicked on ENGLISH, it gave me audio files, not pdf

It is interesting that the Organization told us that May 2 would be the cut-off date for the AAC files.  This brochure is availe in that format.  It could be the last one ever.

Bravo, another superb broadcast!! 

I'd laugh so hard when Br Morris spoke about the 2yr old @ the assembly who saw him and started to look for Caleb & Sofia, she said they must be here, I saw their grandfather....that was really funny

Edited by 1gemstone

Looked at JW broadcasting for the morning worship program Bro Morris mentioned and I  guess maybe tomorrow. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Once again, the new song was a good one. Brother Morris didn't really mention a title, unless I missed something. But it mentioned the phrase Step On Over  several times during the song. Until there's something more official, we'll call it that.

If you'd like the mp3 version without waiting for it to be uploaded, it's in my very small collection of songs. Only two songs are in there; one of them is Step On Over, and the other is the song at the end of the Family Interviews video, which was never released as a stand-alone video or mp3 file.

Once Step On Over  is released as a stand-alone video and mp3 file, it will be removed from this collection.

On Monday, May 02, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Tortuga said:

There may be a spy among us, I think we should cast lots and find out who it is...:D

You know some of the best spies are women hm?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 hours ago, AH173 said:

Looked at JW broadcasting for the morning worship program Bro Morris mentioned and I  guess maybe tomorrow. 

Didn't see it either. Probably will be up today.

On 02.05.2016 at 9:10 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Okay, here's my first-viewing take-aways from May's Broadcast:

As usual...

Lip-smackingly tasty spiritual treats--as always!^_^

Hey,  Ross...

How many times did you watch the jwb already? :) 

For sure I should watch it many times to summarize it as well as you did it.:D

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

2 hours ago, Daniela said:

Hey,  Ross...

How many times did you watch the jwb already? :) 

For sure I should watch it many times to summarize it as well as you did it.:D

Just once.  Gotta love those "pause" buttons. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Okay - I've watched the first 45 minutes (will finish the rest on the way home).  Looking forward to the Frost portion. :) 

I'm REALLY hoping for a focus on single friends one day soon.  There is a HUGE cross-section of Witnesses that are not giggly teens noticing the opposite sex and not married with children.  Despite the regular encouragement to reach out for increased service, the focus is not as much on how to do that and stay happy single, but more on doing those things with your mate/family.  And that the reward for such service and integrity will be a mate (see the example in this past Sunday's WT).

I feel like we are rather neglected demographic in our Organization... and in our congregations.  I love all our provisions but this is one Broadcast that touched no chords in me but a bit of irritation (just being honest here).  I don't mean to be negative... but man, EVERYBODY doesn't have / will not get a family.  I believe it's important to support them... but support us, too.   :( 

That's all. :) 

" Okay - I've watched the first 45 minutes (will finish the rest on the way home).  Looking forward to the Frost portion. "

Hope

Hope you are not driving home! :ecstatic:

I am sympathetic to your feelings, we could be overlooking a great number that need encouragement and upbuilding.

Interesting, years ago our pubs and talks were encouraging and telling of the blessings of singleness.

Now it is all family.

My daughter threw in the towel because she has felt neglected for years. Never invited to an elders home,and never had a visit except when she provided a social occasion.

Yes the is a real need here.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

haha!!  Sadly, I do not have a car.. so it's the TriMet for me! :P  :D

I've been in the Truth since 1978 and it's always been very nuclear-family-oriented, from my vantage point - or else, get to Bethel.  I remember asking an elder many years ago why don't they ever address single parent families?  He didn't know... maybe because that wasn't the ideal situation?  *He was very kind, he just didn't know. :(

It *is* quite difficult for singles to have upbuilding association.  It's pulling teeth to get families to join you do to anything (and face it - it's a lot easier for a family to invite one singleton than it is for that one person to persuade an entire family).  And if singles get together, there's the underlying nervousness/suspicion that it's just a front for either Jezebel-ish single sisters to gripe or if it's a mixed group, something unseemly -- so, it's pulling teeth there, too.  I'm serious.  I've heard it all. :( 

There's a LOT of power and comfort being able to say "we" and "us"... "I" and "me" sounds inherently selfish, doesn't it?  But what to do?  Believe me, I KNOW things are tough for everyone all over and our kids need all the help we can give them.  But I've seen more middle-aged friends falling out of the Truth -- and not coming back -- due to loneliness, neglect, etc. then I see young people.  How to support them/us?

Something soon, I hope. :) 

1 hour ago, Hope said:

I'm REALLY hoping for a focus on single friends one day soon.  There is a HUGE cross-section of Witnesses that are not giggly teens noticing the opposite sex and not married with children.  Despite the regular encouragement to reach out for increased service, the focus is not as much on how to do that and stay happy single, but more on doing those things with your mate/family.

I just reviewed the experience of the single sister in the Sept 2015 JWB and you are right, it focuses on increasing service and association with the congregation. It is still a good experience and worth reviewing. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

That was a good one and the sort of thing a dedicated section in jw. org would be great for.  With a focus not only on what the individual can do, but what the congregation can and should do to support them.  Families DO have each other do discuss with, lean on, etc. when they decide to do whatever.  A lone brother... and particularly a lone sister really needs support and true friendship from others in the congregation.  Not just throw an application at them and say good luck.

The last part of the Broadcast was fantastic!  I loved Bro Frost's experience and those strong singers over those illustrations - so powerful! 

Two thumbs up for the music video - the music, the lyrics = so cool, the singer sounded like Michael Franks, whom I love. And YESSSS!!! to another mixed couple prominently displayed! :D   You just don't know how happy it makes me to see that!

Did anyone ever get to Br. David Shaefer's morning worship video?  My original link took me to the download but all I got was Albanian (I still have the Albanian version).  Ever since then, all I get is a blank screen.  Going to the JW-TV website shows no new morning worship either.

On 2 May 2016 at 4:24 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Nice surprise.  The brother and family who move to a new congregation are from my circuit.

I was wondering where in Britain they were. The houses shown in the background looked identical to a lot of houses in Essex...thanks for resolving the mystery :)

On 5/2/2016 at 11:32 AM, rocket said:

Anyone have the link to the new Morning Worship? Practice Godly Devotion In Our Own Household, David Schafer.

On 5/2/2016 at 1:33 PM, jwhess said:

I just typed the URL from my desktop and it took me to the site.  The English version is up but they only have 240, 360 and 480P right now.  I normally download in 720P, so I will wait a little longer.

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbmw&issue=201605

On 5/2/2016 at 3:37 PM, mserskine said:

But the morning worship by brother Shaffer that was mentioned isn't yet 

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did anyone ever get to Br. David Shaefer's morning worship video?  My original link took me to the download but all I got was Albanian (I still have the Albanian version).  Ever since then, all I get is a blank screen.  Going to the JW-TV website shows no new morning worship either.

I can't find this Morning Worship segment either. . . in any  language, or in any  resolution. :confused: