JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

The update includes Luke NWT Study Edition.  The things is, that whenever a new book is added to the Study Edition, the whole publication is included with the update package.  That includes all the videos that make up the Study Edition. The data files are not very big in comparison.  This update included 250mb of videos, includes videos from Matthew and Mark which I already have.

As time goes by and the NWT Study Edition becomes more complete, the update package is going to get bigger.

Why not download just what is needed, and not include files/videos that are already there.  Personally I would not include the videos with the update, but have them download on-demand the first time they are used.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My WTLIB just received Update #2 and now has the June WT and MWB.

When I ran the update today, it failed and the program locked up.  After looking for a means to fix the problem failed, I had to uninstall the program and reinstall it.  It had a single update which included publications thru June 2017, Study Bible w/vids.  364 mb update.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I'm going to give it a try. Hope all goes well.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

27 minutes ago, rocket said:

When I ran the update today, it failed and the program locked up.  After looking for a means to fix the problem failed, I had to uninstall the program and reinstall it.  It had a single update which included publications thru June 2017, Study Bible w/vids.  364 mb update.

Just curious.  Did the update start automatically when you opened the WT Library or did you did you go to "help" and click on "check for updates"?

21 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Just curious.  Did the update start automatically when you opened the WT Library or did you did you go to "help" and click on "check for updates"?

I clicked on "check for updates" in the "help" menu.  Update downloaded fine but I got a "Failed" pop-up in the install process with an other message that read something like "another WTLibrary open"  I still had 2013, 2014 and 2015 WTL installed, so that might have contributed but I didn't have a problem with the first update a few months ago.

52 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I'm going to give it a try. Hope all goes well.

It worked well. Excellent.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have recently installed wt Library 2016 on my Linux (Mint) computer. and am very happy with it so far.  We have only just received the dvd's in the south africa congregations.  As for running it on Android.....not sure. For Linux, you need to also install wine (1.9.24) and play-on-linux and some other interfaces.  

1 hour ago, GordonP said:

I have recently installed wt Library 2016 on my Linux (Mint) computer. and am very happy with it so far.  We have only just received the dvd's in the south africa congregations.  As for running it on Android.....not sure. For Linux, you need to also install wine (1.9.24) and play-on-linux and some other interfaces.  

I have it installed on Ubuntu 16.10.  I have PlayonLinux and use wine version 1.7.30

30 minutes ago, iambryan said:

I can't open my Watchtower Library 2016 :( 

got his error after update

update.JPG

One other thing that may contribute to this problem is if you have earlier versions of Watchtower Library installed on your computer.  Uninstall all versions and then reinstall only Watchtower Library 2016 and then do the update.  All previous updates will be included in one update.

2 hours ago, rocket said:

One other thing that may contribute to this problem is if you have earlier versions of Watchtower Library installed on your computer.  Uninstall all versions and then reinstall only Watchtower Library 2016 and then do the update.  All previous updates will be included in one update.

I have Watchtower Library 2015 Tagalog

14 hours ago, rocket said:

I did this a few weeks ago. Must have helped me out. 

On 3/31/2017 at 8:27 AM, mserskine said:

Sent link for 2016 WT Library

Hi Michael, would you happen to have update #2 for 2016 WT library that you could send me? I have been trying to download it, but my laptop keeps telling me I am not connected to the Internet. Not sure how to work around this. Thank you....

2 minutes ago, whitulip said:

Hi Michael, would you happen to have update #2 for 2016 WT library that you could send me? I have been trying to download it, but my laptop keeps telling me I am not connected to the Internet. Not sure how to work around this. Thank you....

Some of the friends with the WTLIB 2015 were getting that error message. Are you using the latest WTLIB?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

Some of the friends with the WTLIB 2015 were getting that error message. Are you using the latest WTLIB?

Yes, we got our 2016 disk today. But even with my 2015 WT library I got the same message. No Internet connection. Odd because my husband used the same disks, and he has no problems.   

Just now, whitulip said:

Yes, we got our 2016 disk today. But even with my 2015 WT library I got the same message. No Internet connection. Odd because my husband used the same disks, and he has no problems.   

The 2015 WTLIB will not update but The 2016 WTLIB should update. Ensure you have the 2016 WTLIB installed and the 2015 WTLIB is uninstalled.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

The 2015 WTLIB will not update but The 2016 WTLIB should update. Ensure you have the 2016 WTLIB installed and the 2015 WTLIB is uninstalled.

Oh, yes, I should have mentioned this. I uninstalled 2015. I fiddled around with the update buttons for 2015- and it told me I wasn't connected to the internet. 

But there is definitely an update for 2016 and when it gets to 40%, then tells me I am not connected to the internet. Maybe something weird going on with my own computer.