JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Updates a whole host of publications, including older Watchtower, Awakes and Yearbooks.

.... and, the MWM Workbooks are up to August 2017

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Updates a whole host of publications, including older Watchtower, Awakes and Yearbooks.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out why it was so big. 

Is there more Media in the Study Bible Media Gallery?

I don't remember there being as much stuff in Mathew as there is now.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

These are the publications that have been updated between update 4 and update 5. No new videos in update 5.

BHS_E
BM_E
CL_E
DX30_85_E
ES2016_E
G1974_E
G1990_E
G2011_E
G2012_E
G2015_E
G2017_E
GL_E
IA_E
JD_E
JL_E
KR_E
LC_E
LD_E
LL_E
MWB2016_E
MWB2017_E
NWT_E
NWTSTG_E
RBI8_E
RJ_E
RK_E
SJJ_E
T-30_E
T-31_E
T-31_E
T-32_E
T-33_E
T-34_E
T-35_E
T-37_E
W1967_E
W1998_E
W2000_E
W2013_E
W2017_E
WE_E
WP2017_E
YB1970_E
YB1971_E
YB1973_E
YB2014_E
YB2016_E
YB2017_E
YC_E

Edited by WilliamChew

Woww! Now that our congregation finally received the DVDs we had all ordered months ago, I'm really enjoying it! No problems installing it. Two updates so far and they both installed themselves flawlessly. But also I'm enjoying my midweek meeting preparation more! I don't think the 2015 version had the meeting workbooks, did it? I don't remember. But anyway, I just pull up the current meeting workbook, select the week we're in, and everything (I mean, everything) is there at a click. You can immediately look at Bible verses, referenced material, etc, just with a click. It's even got lots more graphics (images) than previous versions of Watchtower Library did.

I'm enjoying this. In fact, I like Watchtower Library better than Watchtower Online Library. I alway thought the 'search' feature in the DVD version was a lot better than the online version. It's much more precise. I find I'm hardly ever using the online version anymore, if ever.

Anyway, that's my thought.

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

I'm enjoying this. In fact, I like Watchtower Library better than Watchtower Online Library. I alway thought the 'search' feature in the DVD version was a lot better than the online version. It's much more precise. I find I'm hardly ever using the online version anymore, if ever.

Anyway, that's my thought.

I Agree with you brother Eric, the WTL is great and now up-to-date for meeting preparation all year. I still use the WTOnline library when out-and-about with a mobile phone, because it can help with ministry. I just wish there was a proper mobile (ipad/android) version of WTL to use off-line. Anyway we are grateful for the new WTL.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

4 hours ago, Chris7 said:

I just wish there was a proper mobile (ipad/android) version of WTL to use off-line

And, herein lies the problem. The lack of a "proper" mobile version does not lie with the WTL, it is the platform many/most want to use. My daughter has a Surface Pro 4 running WIndows 10 - and has the DVD version of the WTL installed - so, she has a "proper" mobile version of the DVD WTL on her mobile device ... but then, the Surface Pro IS a Windows device.

And .................. before anyone complains about the cost of the Surface Pro - they are no more expensive than the iPad.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

And, herein lies the problem. The lack of a "proper" mobile version does not lie with the WTL, it is the platform many/most want to use. My daughter has a Surface Pro 4 running WIndows 10 - and has the DVD version of the WTL installed - so, she has a "proper" mobile version of the DVD WTL on her mobile device ... but then, the Surface Pro IS a Windows device.

And .................. before anyone complains about the cost of the Surface Pro - they are no more expensive than the iPad.

Bit off topic but I like the idea of the Surface Pro. Its 12.3" maybe a bit large for ministry, but should fit most service bags. In the UK the price is higher than the entry level ipad, but you get a lot lot more functionality I suppose. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Windows tablets vary in price, much like Android devices.  There are your sub £100 devices, mid-range £200-300, and high-end devices like the Surface.  All run WTL no problems.   So you have a choice.   Need a stylus or pen to use WTL  with the 7 or 8 inch devices, or small fingers.  Holding out for a Surface mini, if one ever appears - might be waiting a long time.  I choose the one I have because it has an 8 inch screen and a digitiser pen.

No one has yet to come up with an emulator that run Windows programs on Android or apple devices.  If you want to show off with your Windows tablet, you can run an emulator for Windows Mobile.  You can use the regular WTLibrary plus the old Mobile WT Library (which was my favourite).

In the sample video presentation for the No.3 Awake (that was played at this week midweek meeting), the brothers appear to be using large size tablets.   So why not use a 12 inch tablet in the ministry if you want.

On 6/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, Qapla said:

I use a Lenovo Miix 300 that I purchased for around $300 a windows 10 tablet with detachable keyboard. I mainly use it for meetings and research. 

My  cobe and field service Overseer have surface tablets. 

I'll prefer mine for a 3rd less than surface tablets. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 4 weeks later...

Was there supposed to be an update to Watchtower Library every month now? I haven't had any notifications of a new update since the beginning of June. It says I have update 5 installed, and it tells me there are no updates available.

• 1 month later...
On 04/07/2017 at 8:02 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Its more like roughly one a month, and could appear at any time during the month.

Indeed, update 6 should be any day now since the MWB currently takes us to August only in update 5.

21 hours ago, jpl said:

Does anyone have the information to retrieve Update files for those who do not have Internet? thanks for them

Make a fresh installation of the library.

Search for updates.

Download update but don't install.

Go to Volume (C:) and search for

.updatepkg

Copy the big file.

Good news. Update 6 is here. Just updating now. I hope we have the September Workbook at least.

Excellent, I'm getting my updates on my many devices!  Yay.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have a question. I just received my copy of the watchtower library 2016.  If for some reason I have to reinstall it on my computer, will it download all the information I have now or will just give me the stuff that's on the DVD/ROM  up to 2016 and then update all the other information again? 

1 hour ago, mserskine said:

I have a question. I just received my copy of the watchtower library 2016.  If for some reason I have to reinstall it on my computer, will it download all the information I have now or will just give me the stuff that's on the DVD/ROM  up to 2016 and then update all the other information again? 

Good for you! It took you a while to get your copy too. A lot longer than it took me, and I thought I  was getting tired of waiting!

I had to reinstall recently, and it downloaded everything that was released after the DVD came out. Just a few days ago was another update though. If I tried to reinstall again I think it would combine everything into one download file rather than the individual downloads along the way.