JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

16 minutes ago, H....$ said:

"Failed to validate the updated package".

That sounds like the file is corrupted or the download was incomplete.

I would try downloading again.

EDIT: Wait, which update are you applying? I think updates 1700 or 1702 (or maybe both) are necessary before you can apply update 1703.

Edited by carlos

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I didn't know the WTLIB could create a package, when did that happen?

It began with 1701, the help menu now has an option 'create package', which will download the latest package form JW.org and save it to a folder of your choice. Once the package is downloaded you can transfer it between PCs with limited/no internet access.

27 minutes ago, H....$ said:

Thanks brothers

I am trying to apply the file WTLibrary.E.WTE.1702.UPDATEPKG to my WTL 2016 version 18.0 Build 7038. The size of the update package is 1.27GB, could you please confirm if that is the correct size for this update package?

That seems correct. The exacty size is 1.373.840.143 bytes.

Then maybe that means update 1700 is required first. That's the one that updated version 16 to version 17.

7 hours ago, H....$ said:

Thanks brothers

I am trying to apply the file WTLibrary.E.WTE.1702.UPDATEPKG to my WTL 2016 version 18.0 Build 7038. The size of the update package is 1.27GB, could you please confirm if that is the correct size for this update package?

Those numbers are older.  The current WT Library is version 19.0 Build 7632 Update 1703 (as of yesterday 2/20/2018)

23 hours ago, Stavro said:

It began with 1701, the help menu now has an option 'create package', which will download the latest package form JW.org and save it to a folder of your choice. Once the package is downloaded you can transfer it between PCs with limited/no internet access.

Thanks Stavro. Wasn't aware of this new feature.

The manual update package created is huge. 2.5GB.

You can also choose the location to create the package in.

image.png.7371c8ebdf8d686cb0afe1dedc1a6ad5.png

23 hours ago, H....$ said:

Can anyone please provide me the link to download the update package 1700?

Thanks

You should try the new feature to create a manual update package.

It took longer to create the manual update package (~10mins) compared to just updating the library online (<1min).

I managed to get a copy of the WTLIB 2017 DVD and the files when zipped up is 1,856,235KB

The old WTLIB 2016 DVD when zipped up is 1,361,170KB

After installing either of the above, it will need the latest update package 1703 (WTLibrary.E.WTE.1703.BUNDLE.UPDATEPKG 2,520,846KB) to be installed

The conclusion? There is no need for the WTLIB 2017 DVD as WTLIB 2016 DVD can be updated by the latest update package 1703 either manually or by online update.

Another way of saying this:  If you find a copy of the 2017 DVD, you will still have to have the program update when you install it.  The 1703 update was not available when the disks were made a month or two back.  And in a month or so, the 2017 will have to update just the same as the 2016 is going to do.  It will be the same update (so 2017 DVD is not necessary).

When your copy of Watchtower Library 2016 received the 1700 update, it became Watchtower Library 2017, the same as if you got the DVD and installed it.

When the 1800 update arrives, it will become Watchtower Library 2018.

We need to drop the "2016" to this thread, because most are not talking about the 2016 edition because they now have the 2017 edition, or start a new one.

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

We need to drop the "2016" to this thread,

Perhaps it could be renamed to something like:

Watchtower Library on DVD

That way it would apply to the existing versions as well as any new releases of a physical DVD

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Another way of saying this:  If you find a copy of the 2017 DVD, you will still have to have the program update when you install it.  The 1703 update was not available when the disks were made a month or two back.  And in a month or so, the 2017 will have to update just the same as the 2016 is going to do.  It will be the same update (so 2017 DVD is not necessary).

Thank you...I was starting to panic!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

Hi guys

I apologise if this topic has been brought up in the last 30 pages, but...

Is there anyway of installing the Watchtower Library onto a device that doesnt have a CD drive?

I seem to remember someone giving me a file on a USB stick that meant I could install it straight from the PC.

Any help would be great, thanks

D

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

1 hour ago, jpl said:

Uncompress the files (if necessary) and run WTLSetup.exe :)

Guessing i still need to get the files off the CD though?

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

16 minutes ago, Superdonk said:

Guessing i still need to get the files off the CD though?

Indeed,  if you ask nicely, brother Musky just might send you a download link to obtain the files electronically via your broadband connection. (worked for me).

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I'm a fresh face here. 

I'm moving away from Windows, installed Linux and cannot find my 2016 DVD I installed on Windows.  I have the 2015 installed and running  on LInux, but sorely miss the MWB and Daily text showing up as this will not update past Dec 2016.

Is there a link to a downloadable disk?

BTW its Peppermint LInux. Really some neat software!

Thank you

4 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello! 

I'm a fresh face here. 

I'm moving away from Windows, installed Linux and cannot find my 2016 DVD I installed on Windows.  I have the 2015 installed and running  on LInux, but sorely miss the MWB and Daily text showing up as this will not update past Dec 2016.

Is there a link to a downloadable disk?

BTW its Peppermint LInux. Really some neat software!

Thank you

Welcome Leo.  Does your congregation library keep a copy of the 2016 disk.  Our congregation just received the 2017 DVD last week and I put a copy on our library.

27 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Welcome Leo.  Does your congregation library keep a copy of the 2016 disk.  Our congregation just received the 2017 DVD last week and I put a copy on our library.

Well! There's an idea.  I'll have to check it out this weekend. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, H....$ said:

Hi brothers, does anyone have a download link to the latest update package of the WT Library 2016? Would you mind sharing it so that I can manually update my WT Library and also share it with those who does not have access to the internet.

Thanks.

We have just had to get a new laptop, and as with many these days, no disc drive. Before i buy an attachable one, is there a link someone can send for the WT library (dvd) download?

Many thanks