JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

Where did they explicitly restrict that method, since they did give permission to share the Library?

I may be mistaken, but, I seem to remember that the letter read to the Congregation that announced the release did allow for copying it to USB drives to share - thus cutting down on the number of physical DVDs needed to be supplied - they cost money to make.

They did not restrict the sharing of the DVD to install from, but software is a bit different from other copyrighted materials. Usually an explicit consent to copy is needed, as far as I remember from those classes back in my university days.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Where did they give you the permission to distribute the software by any means other than handing the DVD to your friend?

Multiple COs have given that permission, and since they are directly appointed representatives of the Governing Body, I think their word carries some weight.

If you would like to hear the directions from a neutral source, you can call the branch at 1-845-744-6000. The lines are still open until 30 minutes from the time of this post, so you should have plenty of time to get a clear answer.

Multiple COs have given that permission, and since they are directly appointed representatives of the Governing Body, I think their word carries some weight.

If you would like to hear the directions from a neutral source, you can call the branch at 1-845-744-6000. The lines are still open until 30 minutes from the time of this post, so you should have plenty of time to get a clear answer.

I was thinking more about something in writing, but I am fine, though. If someone is concerned, maybe they should check.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
Pls my computer developed a problem. The only wtlib I can lay my hands on is that of 2015. If I update this 2015 version, is it the same thing with 2016?

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

I don't believe the 2015 version will update to the 2016 version. The 2016 cdrom is the last one you need to install, it's all updates from there.

My laptop has even down (lost internet) for a day due to high winds a couple months ago.

Anyway, I got it back online finally.

right

Right away I checked for updates...only 388.5 MB to download. 

I think it's gonna take a while. :blink:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I don't believe the 2015 version will update to the 2016 version. The 2016 cdrom is the last one you need to install, it's all updates from there.

Hmmm, I have even installed the 2016 version, but the problem am currently facing is that it refuses to update. I tried downloading it and applying the update 3 times, but it always pops out this message:

"Failed to update Watchtower Library.
Please make sure that there are bi other instances of Watchtower Library running, then try again".

The trying again meant I have to redownload it and apply the update. Well, I have even deleted the 2015 version and tried redownloading. It will download, but when I want to apply the download, the message reappears. What do I do because my data has gone down?

15 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

"Failed to update Watchtower Library.
Please make sure that there are bi other instances of Watchtower Library running, then try again".

Shut down and manually restart your computer (do not use the "reboot" option) then try again.

If this does not work, close out WT Library entirely, then right-click the icon and select "run as administrator", and run the update again.

Edited by Stavro

Shut down and manually restart your computer (do not use the "reboot" option) then try again.
If this does not work, close out WT Library entirely, then right-click the icon and select "run as administrator", and run the update again.

OK. Let me try it.

Update 7 should be released any day now, I expect this will complete all 2017 WTL publications. :uhhuh: 

The next update will be after the AGM. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 1:46 AM, Chris7 said:

Update 7 should be released any day now, I expect this will complete all 2017 WTL publications. :uhhuh: 

The next update will be after the AGM. 

...not yet....:(

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

...not yet....:(

Indeed,  do you know what this means?... that maybe update 7 is a big  update with the new study Bible releases to be released on October 7th. :)

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

2 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I'm downloading an update right now. Check it out.

Yup, I got it last night. Now we have all of the 2017 publications. 

On 9/27/2017 at 10:35 PM, Chris7 said:

Indeed,  do you know what this means?... that maybe update 7 is a big  update with the new study Bible releases to be released on October 7th. :)

...maybe next time....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

All of them? You sure? 

"All the 2017 publications"?

2017 Publications list, WTLibrary:

Bible ntsty 2017;  2017 updated Life & Ministry;  all WTs and Awakes 2017.

Anybody find something else?

Not that I don't appreciate the updates, but what is all the excitement about? Am I missing something here? :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Old said:

"All the 2017 publications"?

2017 Publications list, WTLibrary:

Bible ntsty 2017;  2017 updated Life & Ministry;  all WTs and Awakes 2017.

Anybody find something else?

Not that I don't appreciate the updates, but what is all the excitement about? Am I missing something here? :(

We just like being excited. Actually, I was just thinking more along the lines of 2017 not being entirely over just yet.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

37 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

We just like being excited. Actually, I was just thinking more along the lines of 2017 not being entirely over just yet.

Yes indeed. I expect we’ll have to wait until January for the new “Lessons you can learn from the Bible” released this year to be added to WTLibrary. Although we have it already in JW Library. Oh well, patience is still needed. 

Edited by Chris7

edit

1 hour ago, Old said:

In the past years, you would have to wait until some time in 2018 to get these publications on the WT Library DVD and then install the new disk (and possibly remove the old one).  All during this year (2017) you would be unable to use the DVD library to research your public talks or parts on the program if they needed the newer material.  So the regular update every month or so, keeps the fresh information at our fingertips many months early.  That's why I get excited.

I keep trying to apply update 7 but I get the message that it has failed. Each time it asks for me to close any other instances of the WTL and try again. Could anyone send me the link to the update which I can apply manually, please? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :-)