JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

Hi guys

I apologise if this topic has been brought up in the last 30 pages, but...

Is there anyway of installing the Watchtower Library onto a device that doesnt have a CD drive?

I seem to remember someone giving me a file on a USB stick that meant I could install it straight from the PC.

Any help would be great, thanks

D
You just need a flash drive with all the files copied onto it from the watchtower library disk. If you have the disk (and a flash drive), you just need to borrow a friend's computer to copy the files over. Then just insert flash drive into your computer and find the setup.exe file and click (or double click) it and it will run/install the library.
I would guess that eventually we will receive the library on a usb flash drive since CD/DVD drive are slowly phasing out and usb flash drives are pretty much on any/all computers (of course, there are some exceptions).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I apologise if this topic has been brought up in the last 30 pages, but...

Is there anyway of installing the Watchtower Library onto a device that doesnt have a CD drive?

I seem to remember someone giving me a file on a USB stick that meant I could install it straight from the PC.

Any help would be great, thanks

D
Oh, and the only reason you would need to uncompress the files is if someone sends you a compressed file with all the files zipped up in it. The files copied from the disc do not need uncompressing. The reason the sent file is compressed is because it is easier/better/safer/more reliable to send a file that has been compressed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

We have just had to get a new laptop, and as with many these days, no disc drive. Before i buy an attachable one, is there a link someone can send for the WT library (dvd) download?

Many thanks 

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

After  the last update to the Watchtower Library on my XP computer I started getting this error message when I click to open it "The procedure entry point InetPtonW could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll."  I've done a little research and from what I think I understand is the "entry point" does not exist in Windows XP and I can't get it or install it either?  Anyone else know anything about this?  It wouldn't be a big deal not to have it on this computer, except my Windows 10 laptop won't let me print from the Windows Libary for some strange reason (I can print from every other program on the laptop though).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

22 minutes ago, shali said:

After  the last update to the Watchtower Library on my XP computer I started getting this error message when I click to open it "The procedure entry point InetPtonW could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll."  I've done a little research and from what I think I understand is the "entry point" does not exist in Windows XP and I can't get it or install it either?  Anyone else know anything about this?  It wouldn't be a big deal not to have it on this computer, except my Windows 10 laptop won't let me print from the Windows Libary for some strange reason (I can print from every other program on the laptop though).

Does ctrl+P work?

An easy workaround is to copy the information to a word processor such as WORD and print from there.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Does ctrl+P work?

An easy workaround is to copy the information to a word processor such as WORD and print from there.

The little printer icon in my Watchtowe Library is always "grayed" out, so even the shortcuts don't work. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 4/16/2018 at 1:29 PM, shali said:

The little printer icon in my Watchtowe Library is always "grayed" out, so even the shortcuts don't work. 

If you are looking at the material (the daily text for example) and "right-click" on the page, does the menu choice "print" show about halfway down the list?  If it does and you "left-click" on it, does it give a choice of printers available in the box?  One should show but you might use the down arrow to see if another printer source might be selected.  If that fails, can you highlight the material and 'right-click" and copy. Then paste the choice into Word and print from there?  Just thinking out loud.....:)

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 4:40 PM, Stavro said:

It began with 1701, the help menu now has an option 'create package', which will download the latest package form JW.org and save it to a folder of your choice. Once the package is downloaded you can transfer it between PCs with limited/no internet access.

That's a skill I wont need anymore...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, jwhess said:

The Watchtower Library is updating again (about 750 MB).

I updated last night, do you know why it's so large and what it contains?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

51 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I updated last night, do you know why it's so large and what it contains?

I can't tell.  They updated the study Watchtower to Nov 2018.

It is smaller than the entire DVD which was 2 GB but it was quite large.  The update id 1708 and this s the "8th" month so I guess it is on time but it seems a little early for some reason.

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

I can't tell.  They updated the study Watchtower to Nov 2018.

It is smaller than the entire DVD which was 2 GB but it was quite large.  The update id 1708 and this s the "8th" month so I guess it is on time but it seems a little early for some reason.

I was surprised it was so large and I only found two magazines and one workbook were added.

4 hours ago, Adrianne said:

Just a heads up, you have to download a free ISO emulator.  It makes the file look like a DVD

Yes. Unless you have Windows 10, then that function comes bundled with the operating system. Just right-click the file and click Mount. (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Watchtower Library on PC just updated to update 1709.

Version 19.0 Build 7632

Size of update is 786,919KB (WTLibrary.E.WTE.1709.UPDATEPKG)

Wow, I checked about an hour ago and there weren't any updates, so it just came out. I'm downloading it now...